Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by metagamer, Jun 10, 2019.

1. The only downside of this game is the distant release date... and possibly MS store exclusivity.

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080

Singleton99 likes this.
  3. mike2299

mike2299 Member

GPU:
    nVidia
    Yep, nothing much to do. May be to drop supplies, like in Fligh sim 2005 (?) or to save baby elephant or something

4. I wonder if this is meets whatever compliance/requirements necessary for MS to license out to Boeing etc... not that Airbus the FAA etc the Airlines don’t have state of the art simulators of their own (they do) I’m just curious from a platform standpoint how “good” MS’s simulator is and if the industry uses it .... it looks photorealistic far as the visuals which is why I wonder how competitive it is beyond just visuals. I’m aware this particular release isn’t out yet but it’s part of an ongoing series that’s been worked on for years.

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Damm that looks really good!

6. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    this isn't just amazing from a flight sim perspective, but a tech perspective too.To see what a PC can do today is just one step away from reality!
    i'm stoked.....

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Singleton99 likes this.
  7. This seems to be MS's take on Google Earth :) It literally streams the Bing's map data in as you fly. Like Google Earth does with Google maps. On your PC, there is just a client recreating the world procedurally. I guess that also means there will be no pirated versions of this game, unless you are willing to store PBs of data on your HDD.

8. This preview is kinda funny and informative...

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    So I can actually fly over my house? I don't have time to watch the video right now, but are helicopters in the game? I want to land on our lawn :D

10. kapo

kapo Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    Yeah your house will be there but keep in mind it's going off satellite data so it may not look 100% like your house from the sides. Don't know about helicopters, I haven't seen any though.

Amaze likes this.

11. mooney4321

mooney4321 Member

GPU:
    2080S Seahawk EK
    Sooo... Anyone accepted for Alpha?

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So does anyone actually think this game is going to run well? My over riding memory from the last 2 or so MSFS games was that they ran like total t*rd once you actually tried upping all the cool looking graphical features. That it came down to tweaking the graphical settings to find a happy medium between it looking decent and actually running at any kind of decent speed. That the game really chugged around larger airports because the game did some sort of non sense with ATC so it chugged the computer even if you couldn't actually see the other aircraft.

Yes it looks amazing but I'll be shocked if it looks like that and runs as smooth on anything other than the utterly highest of specs of PC when it first releases and even then I'll expect at least a year or two of updates before everything is smoothed out.

13. Awesome sky, clouds and weather effects. Also the ground is more dynamic than you might think.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2019
  14. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Holly S*@t!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  15. New physics and aerodynamics

cerebus23 likes this.

16. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Stunning

17. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Im looking forwards to this release as im a bit of a flight sim fan .

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    wow they simulating the air?

so you can glider fly? ;P dunno but youtube took to recommending me glider videos for a few days i binged watched at one point, watching the guy, who is a world record holder, seek out updrafts and use air currents was fascinating.

19. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    cutting edge technology, can't wait to see this thing.

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I hope MS have at least bare min WMR support in this so i can dump Flyinside as native VR support is always best if the option is there.