445.23 Insider Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HARDRESET, Nov 19, 2019.

1. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    was coming here to report about the driver my self, but as usual, im all too late by a long shot, but thats why this site is what it is, as we all are super nerds or driver addicts`? :) HOws it doing, havent read all post/comments just yet... wanted to report my uselessness to y'all first.. :)

The red dead 2 driver, is more for those (me for instance), that try to use dx12, but the game never starts, until you change back the settings to vulkan, and thats to be done manually in the cfg file, because like i said, the game never starts with dx12? Not for me, or not on my gaming laptop with the intel 6core+ht cpu...

EDIT: So to be clear, i doubt it has with vulkan to do at all, but with dx12 working out of the box... dont even think it has any improvements on performance, but only to make it work

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    With this driver, I got the first time over 20000 points in 3D Mark - Fire Strike at 1080P. All tests bring an extra 1.5% to 2% performance.

3. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    445.23 has issues with SOTTR, just installed the hotfix driver 441.34 , issues fix , but FPS are down in benchmark ,48 vs 45.
    This Hotfix driver 441.34 addresses the following:

[Red Dead Redemption 2] Vulkan: Stalling on some systems with 4-core and 6-core CPUs
    [Shadow of the Tomb Raider] Game may crash when launched in DX12 mode.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  4. babyboom666

babyboom666 Member

GPU:
    GTX1080 Gaming X+
    +1

elite69 likes this.

5. oldgregg

oldgregg Guest

GPU:
    2080 RTX
    If you want to continue receiving updates on win 10 insider but want to stop a specific driver from constantly being forced use the windows 10 show or hide updates tool. Sorry if the pictures are condescending, this is originally for someone with minimal OS literacy.

• Step 1: Pause all updates after the progress bar has reached 1% or higher for the offending driver.
    • Step 2: Download the windows 10 show or hide updates tool. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...t-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo
    • Step 3: Run the tool, make sure you click the advanced button and check: Apply repairs automatically then select next.
    • Step 4: Select Hide Updates and put a check next to the offending driver, hit next and you're done.
    • Step 5: Un-pause your updates and you should be golden.
    • If you for some reason need that update down the road run the Show or Hide Updates Tool again but just choose the show hidden updates tree and run that process instead.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UA5Y5Jx

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    don't bother using that tool, just disable Windows Updates driver experience update feature.

7. oldgregg

oldgregg Guest

GPU:
    2080 RTX
    I have that disabled as well, the newest insider version was still trying to force the nvidia driver update. Just thought I'd post the other method if anyone was having similar issues.

8. er557

er557 Guest

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    It can't force anything on you if you use Windows update mini tool, choose auto updates to disabled, and from there you can pick and choose what to scan and install from the available updates yourself, like in win 7.

oldgregg likes this.
  9. oldgregg

oldgregg Guest

GPU:
    2080 RTX
    Interesting, I wasn't sure mini tool was compatible with insiders program. I'll take your word for it, since I'm still skittish about messing up the massive Kaby-Lake performance increases I've gained with the last three versions of the fast ring. Finally getting <1% cpu usage on idle and pre-spectre performance.

10. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    The best way to avoid Windows Update autoinstalling a specific Nvidia Driver is using gpedit.msc to prohibit the installation of the graphics card Device ID.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This blocks user initiated driver updates too.

12. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    Yep, but u only have to restore default settings (no need to reboot), install the driver u wish to, and then reenable the prohibition.

13. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I never figured out why some on the inside build get the newest drivers offered, where my insider build shows only the 432.00 drivers? Is there a way to force Win 10 insider to find this driver?

14. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Latest fast build, DDU , reboot , jump immediately to update.

15. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ah, I'm on the slow ring.

Thank you, now I understand!

EDIT: driver works as expected, runs fine here. Oddly it installed over a standard driver which I thought was impossible?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    HARDRESET likes this.

16. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT

Same win ver, same driver, but I don't have that new option.

17. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Not necessary.

Proper way to do it:

Under gpedit.msc

Disable Automatic Driver Updates:
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Do not include drivers with Windows Update > Enabled
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation > Prevent device metadata retrieval from the Internet > Enabled
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation > Specify search order for device driver source locations > Enabled (Do not search Windows Update)

zig11727 likes this.
  18. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master

U have to change 3 variables and affect more components than the graphics card, so still think the way I said before is better. If u wish to update manually, open gpedit and disable, install, copy the Device ID and again enable the prohibition. Only graphics card will be untouchable.

Intel WiFi for example is being updated to the latest versions very often through Windows Update, even prior to be available in sites like station-drivers.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  19. PanosXidis

PanosXidis Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 SUPRIM X
    WDDM 2.7 no on 1909 lol

20. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    thank you for the DCH upload.

9/10 i can always scrape up standard versions but never dch <3

EDIT: on 1909 but no HW accelerated scheduling setting appeared for me, shrug. Also still pegged @ wddm 2.6

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019