Rockstar apologizes for problems with PC version Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    well that's good news

3. Akumu

Akumu Guest

GPU:
    4000mhz 16gb g.skill
    At this point you might as well wait a solid month before buying any new games. They always have issues and early adopters get screwed.

airbud7 likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So that's for people who claim artificial gimping in drivers and how some cards don't perform as expected... like many already said, and I claimed too, it needs optimisation.

Read. Their. Official. Statement.

5. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Better late than never...

[​IMG]

norton, user1, Keitosha and 7 others like this.
  6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    No it isnt. The apology only covers Nvidia stuttering issues that are caused by certain combinations of drivers, GPUs and CPUs. It doesnt address Pascal lower performance in the game which the gimpers crowd claim is occurring. Not that I think it can be addressed since it seems more due to architectural changes that favor newer cards.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    This pesky small number of players make problems to the poor developers again :D
    Its always the small number, isn't it?

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, you are right about that.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Im telling you Rockstar dont give crap about PC gamers. Go ahead and support them.

10. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Hmm,so nVidia drivers and their inadequate Dx12 implementation is the culprit.
    Weird.
    Hey nVidia,do not forget the beloved Pascal chip. :)

11. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    there are still people thinking "apologies" like that are a good thing, that RS is working on it ? so naive...life is going to be world of disappointement for you
    they did absolutely nothing
    real life :
    RS stumbled upon GN video explaining what's the reason for the stuttering, makes a fake apology worded in a way making people think they worked on the issues (they didn't)

btw as owner of a 1080ti when I see this I'm not buying, I don't play below 60fps, there are more interessant things in life than playing at 40fps, it's RS problem that they lose a sell with this, not mine

barbacot likes this.
  12. This has sone great fixes but I wish they would adjust their packet loss parameters for Read Dead Online, its ridiculous how many times you get disconnected from the servers with that stupid "fault on Rockstars server" error that's been around for over a year.

It completely ruins your online experience, half way through a mission...kicked, half way through dropping off 3* pelts...kicked. Its not the user its Rockstar, no other online game has this issue, well apart from GTAV Online.

13. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Theres a 2gig patch downloading my end right now, how is it?

airbud7 likes this.
  14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    stay in touch, let us know...Thanks

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    If you don't expect to do multiplayer, wait several months until the price goes down. By then, games are usually pretty stable.

16. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
  17. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    I never buy games on day 1. This time I did and am not disappointed. But then I haven't encountered any issues, so I suppose I'm among the lucky ones.

Patch added tesselation toggle for tree bark. Not sure if that was previously just part of the other tesselation options.

Performance also seemed to be lower for me initially, but perhaps the game had to rebuild shader cache or something, because after a while my performance was back to normal and I played a solid 5-6 hours with no issues and a solid 60fps (vsync on) regardless of what was happening (and I got to quite an intense part of the game at end of chapter 4 and chapter 5).

Noteworthy - check your graphics settings after installing patch - they reset for me. Everything was on low.

That sucks. But there are actually plenty of online games which have issues like this. But for me the game is all about the story, online I will probably try but if you're not playing story mode you're missing out BIG TIME.

PS That error has been around for many years actually. Used to happen to me on GTAV all the time (and to everyone else reportedly).

To be fair, I mean sure DX12 should work, but if you're not using Vulkan in this game you're doing it wrong (since it's smoother and nets better performance).

Have you actually played the game? Optimisation is great. I'm surprised a game can actually look this good, have so much going on and still sit at a constant 60fps on high/ultra settings.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Honestly thats what I do with 99% of games. Only 2 games I bought on release day was Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Honestly, was not disappointed and had a good experience from release day.

19. chalky

chalky Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090
    And this is why i never pre-order or get games on release day always wait a few months and then never buy full price if i can help it i use other sites to buy not steam ,uplay , ubisoft , epic ect you can get most games half price after a few months

20. Some free crap would be nice Rockstar * cough cough * I'd feel a lot better then... *cough cough*