Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Funny you mention GTA online because I just started playing it the first time about a month before RDR 2 came out. It can be a lot of fun if you got some half way intelligent people to run missions with. I'd like to get into RDR online, maybe we can form some kind of group of newbs here so we're all at the same skill level? Not even sure how to do that so if anyone knows how or is interested any info would be cool.

2. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    This supposed update they were going to release today never happened? At least I didn't see it on Rockstar Launcher.

3. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    They have added tree tesselation to the graphics settings with the new update.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This was kind of an odd, but good update. It reset all my settings to low after restarting. I went through them all again using either ultra or high with taa on medium, ran the benchmark and gained an extra 5 fps! When the game launched I averaged 46fps, so whatever Nvidia and Rockstar are doing I hope they keep it up.

https://i.**********/Y0rx34Xh/RDR2-2019-11-14-00-28-53-518.jpg

SameOldx2 likes this.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I didn't notice that.

With tree tessellation. Not a huge hit, but it's something to point out.

https://i.**********/BbMFpMyK/RDR2-2019-11-14-00-45-01-089.jpg

SameOldx2 likes this.
  6. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Tree tessellation
    10 FPS hit....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    SameOldx2 likes this.
  7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yeah I don't think it's worth the hit. It was ok in St. Denis but once out in the woods it gets pretty noticeable.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My game updated from build 1270.60 to 1270.69 this morning and, initially, I thought my performance had improved as I was getting a locked 60 fps in Saint Denis. However, it turned out the game had reset the settings to a mixture of mostly Low!!!

Noticed a new graphics settings under Advanced Settings which I never saw before for Tree Tessellation.

9. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    This annoyed the ever loving fark out of me. I updated, loaded up my game and I'm like "Did they downgrade this crap? WTF is going on? Everything is blurry and meh looking" Only to see all my graphical settings were reset to baked potato quality... Highly annoying.

I don't understand how Rockstar, as much money as they printed from GTA V online from PC and console and RDR2 online from consoles can't do what Ubisoft has done and gotten their crap together yet. Their games are great, but it's such an amateur operation at times it really make you wonder what kind of operation they are running. Especially when it takes on average 3 years or so to turn out a sequel..

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I guess the added option made it so the config file reset entirely. (New or just the ability to toggle it off? From the comparison above I guess it's new and similar to the palm tessellation in GTA V but used more extensively here.)
    I usually keep a backup so I can easily compare and merge and restore settings but it's odd how it actually reset everything instead of just adding in the new option unless other stuff were changed as well for whatever reason.

EDIT: Guessing it might be beneficial for AMD GPU users to also cap tessellation to 16x or 32x although depending on the mesh even 32x can cause issues and hopefully the game is smarter than just blanket 64x tessellation factor on everything. :D

Polaris and newer should handle the performance hit a bit better but it will still affect the cards and if they're doing every tree including branches then yeah the forested areas are likely to see some larger hits and going too low on this override might break the effect more.

connos likes this.

11. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I am doing just that. I limit tesselation to 16x and that also fixed the bug with snow and mud.

12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Money isnt everything and having more money doesnt mean less bugs.

I am so impressed by this game. Best open world I played.

13. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I keep getting message saying logged in somewhere else. I dont think its true. because 2-step verification is enable and says this pc is the only one logged in.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If there's a way to check I'd do that just in case to be certain, security has it's weaknesses after all and for example Origin and users losing account access or being hacked popping up every so often even with 2FA enabled so I would not trust it to be entirely secure but it could also be server side issues without any actual compromises to account security or usage and other cases of mostly harmless errors at least far as actual security breeches go where there's nothing like that going on.

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Holy balls.
    Look at this changelog.

• [November 13, 2019] Stability Fixes – PC

Graphics & Performance Fixes
      • Added an additional launch argument (-cpuLoadRebalancing) to rebalance workload on the CPU cores and avoid hitting an edge-case in certain NVIDIA graphics card drivers that causes significant stalls on 4-core and 6-core CPUs
        For more information, please see this support page: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360038940333
      • Added improvements for performance and stability on graphics cards with 4GB of VRAM or less when using Vulkan
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in audio stuttering and sound drops on some CPUs when using Vulkan
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in graphics problems when using Fullscreen mode on systems with multiple displays
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in the game becoming stuck in Windowed Borderless mode instead of Fullscreen mode if the game lost focus or certain graphics settings were changed under DirectX 12
      • Fixed issues that resulted in the incorrect detection of devices and problems switching between SDR and HDR modes. Players who previously encountered these issues should enable HDR through the Windows Display Settings prior to launching the game
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in the game launching in a window larger than the maximum resolution of the attached display when using Windowed display mode
      • Improved the auto-detection of system hardware so that the recommended default graphics settings will provide higher performance
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in the game setting a default graphics preset that was unsupported by the amount of available VRAM on some graphics cards, preventing the game from launching
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in VRAM usage estimation for pending settings changes to be slightly different to the actual usage once the settings were applied
      • Added a separate option to enable tessellation on tree models within the Graphics settings menu
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in reduced performance when switching between different graphics settings presets without restarting the system
      • Fixed an issue that affected the brightness of Photo Mode images that were captured in HDR after editing them using the Social Club menu
      • Fixed issues with some full-screen effects and Photo Mode filters when using a display aspect ratio other than 16:9
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in graphics artifacts in mirror reflections when using Multisample Anti-Aliasing (MSAA)
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in graphics artifacts on the Pause Menu Map when using Multisample Anti-Aliasing (MSAA )
      • Fixed issues with rendering and lighting that occurred with some waterfalls
      • Fixed issues with rendering that occurred with a Story Mode character
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in flickering graphics artifacts on some systems using multiple graphics cards
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in graphical corruption during the theater shows in Saint Denis
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in graphics artifacts to appear when rendering some light reflections
      • Fixed an issue that affected the rendering of the Pause Menu background after changing the display resolution
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in reduced world detail at long distance when using items that allow zooming, such as scopes and binoculars
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in rendering issues with shadows on some parts of the terrain
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in graphics artifacts that could occur with some hair/fur rendering when using Multisample Anti-Aliasing (MSAA)
      • Improved the performance rendering some in-game particle effects
      • Improved the performance rendering of trails when in snowy areas of the game
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in the partial rendering of the Pause Menu while some graphics settings were active

Stability Fixes
      • Fixed issues that resulted in crashes during game startup and logo screen
      • Fixed issues that resulted in crashes when changing graphics settings or switching back and forth between presets
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in crashes during the initial boot of the game in the Windowed display mode
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash when switching between Windowed and Fullscreen display modes on some graphics cards
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash when the game window lost focus or as a result of using Alt+Tab
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash when attempting to load an autosave on some systems
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash when repeatedly transitioning between Story Mode and Red Dead Online
      • Fixed issues that resulted in crashes when attempting to quit the game
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash on some systems when connecting and disconnecting input devices with the game running
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash when attempting to switch weapons in Story Mode
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash when opening the HDR Calibration screen with some combinations of graphics cards and displays
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash when using the mouse to switch between categories in the Satchel menu
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in the game freezing when applying remapped keyboard inputs through the Settings menu
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in an infinite loading screen when exiting the Settings menu and returning to the Landing Page
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash when playing Story Mode while offline
      • Fixed crashes and stability issues that resulted in the error “Red Dead Redemption 2 exited unexpectedly” during gameplay
      • Fixed an issue with attempting to join another player’s Red Dead Online session with a different control scheme or lock-on type that resulted in networking issues
      • Fixed an issue that prevented the Red Dead Redemption 2 desktop shortcut from correctly launching the game

Control & User Interface Fixes
      • Improved mouse support in some Store menus
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in a black screen during the initial boot of the game rather than the loading bar
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to equip emotes in Red Dead Online while using the mouse
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in the Map in the Pause Menu being cut off when changing the game resolution
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in player overhead displays to appear in the incorrect position on displays other than 16:9 aspect ratio in Red Dead Online
      • Fixed an issue that prevented some keyboard inputs from being remapped
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in some incorrect text and warning screens to appear when when remapping keyboard inputs
      • Fixed issues that resulted in problems with scrolling in parts of the user interface
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in some menus not displaying input controls, including Safe Zone and Brightness Calibration screens
      • Fixed issues with keyboard text input when using some languages
      • Fixed issues that resulted in the red selection highlight disappearing while browsing through menus
      • Fixed issues that resulted in problems with mouse selection, or erratic cursor movement when browsing some menus
      • Fixed an issue with keyboard navigation of the Pause Map after selecting a blip/icon.
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to complete some actions while inspecting weapons
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in save game information to be missing from the Load Game menu
      • Fixed issues with text input of non-Latin characters and added support for more input methods
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in the Pause Map moving position after placing a waypoint
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in difficulty aiming with a mouse, especially at low DPI settings
      • Fixed issues that resulted in incorrectly sized, overlapping or misaligned user interface elements under different display resolutions
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in the loss of previous selections when navigating back and forth between menus
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in redundant options in the Keyboard and Mouse submenu of the Controls menu

General / Miscellaneous
      • Improved the stability and result consistency of the in-game Benchmark Tool
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in players appearing underneath the world when in the lobby screen while playing some Red Dead Online content
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in incorrect performance of the ‘Tap and Hold Speed Control’ accessibility feature while using keyboard and mouse controls in First Person camera mode
      • Fixed an issue that resulted in camera stuttering when using the mouse to look around while sprinting
      • Fixed an issue that caused problems with the fishing minigame when running at high framerates

SameOldx2, Amaze and Angantyr like this.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    So PASCAL users, do you have a better fps overall or only stuttering is fixed?

airbud7 likes this.
  17. Very strange. I wonder if they reset everyones graphics so Rockstar can gather data on how systems are performing on a uniform graphics setttings?

18. "Fixed an issue that resulted in players being kicked from Red Dead Online sessions due to a fault on Rockstar servers"

Oh wait, I didnt't see that one remedied yet lol

19. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Not fixed just had the error.

20. Oh it was a joke at Rockstar, of course the disconnection arent fixed....its been around on console since launch.

It has to do with Rockstars overly stringent parameters regarding packet loss. If packets fall below Rockstars set number, even for a second, youre kicked....