Death Stranding

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I saw so much hype about this game like it was Half Life 3 or something and I laughed because I've never heard of it. Sounds like the hype was way beyond reality.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Kojima stans won't tell you the game doesn't have ambient music

you'll be playing a lot of hours with no sound but footsteps and rain , if you're lucky the BT will attack you and cue some weird music

no wonder there's a lot of copyrighted music in the game , he spent the whole budget on them and you barely hear them while playing

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Music plays when you doing story missions most of the time, it's not much but better than nothing.
    I will buy it once it's on PC.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    you mean songs

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Yep, songs :)

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    why i skipped media on the game not watched but a few videos on the thing.

no hype here waiting on a steam release and yes its a walking simulator with a good to great story tons of cutscenes old school kojima confirmed. mgs5 would have been more like this had he been able to fihish the last 2 3 acts of the game. so no shocker there.

with the lack of action it gonna hurt the game period, action breaks up the travel in mgs5 action by all accounts here is rare but it sucks and is clunky even with upgrades. the only action is micromanaging your inventory and trying to be a perfect delivery guy. min/maxers wet dream maybe but pretty niche.

still intend to pick it up one day.

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Remember Uwe Boll?

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    No.

Even a number 2.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Shocked Kojima would come to this. Doubly disappointing since I was expecting something great after his masterpiece MGS5. No matter how good the game may be, the sight of a man trudging across all sorts of terrain with a mountain of inventory on his back does not inspire much confidence in the final product. From what I've seen so far, will not touch this. Is he trying to bankrupt some gaming studio?

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    No he got punted by Konami part way through MGS5, his fans will say that he was done over and to a degree he was, especially all the stuff after the games release with them removing his name and trying to imply he had nothing to do with it. The more mid line debate is that Kojima would happily spend money and time making frost and condensation on a galss look great but it would ultimately add nothing gameplay wise to the game, Konami got tired of dealing with his artistic non sense, they had a bit of a falling out and they booted him to the kerb.

He then went off and set up his own studio, with this new game being part funded by Sony themselves. so yeah his artistic non sense is still being under written by a big corporate entity but I suspect that if DS doesn't sell as well as all the hype suggested Sony won;t be quite as willing to throw money at him for future games, the long story short is that it's HIS studio that's on the line now.

Looking in to it though it seems that DS is the second best selling game on the PS4 this year, then again how many other PS4 exclusives have their been this year? Oh yeah Day's gone which was just as lacklustre as DS.

12. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Please tell me Akira Yamaoka did the music at least?

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    finished it

+Good sound design
    +Good graphics for PS4
    +Interesting gameplay elements but they don't connect correctly ( no pun )
    +Clifford is pure FIRE

-last 3 bosses are punch bags
    -driving/vehicles feels plasticy & stupid
    -the pace of the whole game is slow & boring
    -Higgs is a joke
    -The dialogue in the last events/cut-scenes of the game is a joke , name dropping and cringe bullshit

JonasBeckman and fantaskarsef like this.
  14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    My sides hurt after watching this :D

alanm likes this.
  15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its a boring pile of ****!

Well what did you expect, its just a postman simulator :D

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I have been hearing positive things from friends of miine. people who made fun out of the game for over a year.
    That alone makes me want to play this game, as i love Kojima's sense of detail in games.
    I will skip the PS4 version though, i will get it on PC next year.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Funny as hell. Sh!t and piss grenades, babies in jars, bizarre ideas, plot, story, everything. Kojima has really gone off the deep end with this. "Its like some one walking into a modern art gallery and sneezing in a tissue, throwing it on a floor and saying 'this is art'".. lol, about sums it up.

Serotonin and Archvile82 like this.
  18. Yep, it looks like Sony's first major f-up in this console generation. That's what happens when you give a single game designer too much creative freedom.

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    love it has gotten to the point on this game that people that like the game have to really qualify their like of the game and allow for ":i can see how others might hate it."

and the hipsters having a field day attacking kojima like i predicted didnt even take 12 hours before the first "DS a flop kojima unmasked!" stuff.

now some can live happy.

20. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Called it :p