GeForce Game Ready 441.20 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Why 720p,0.5x scaling? Are you trying to make it CPU bound for a GPU test? Isn't the whole point to test the driver under high GPU load?

Also, it's odd that Pass 3 and 4 are so low in both tests. Any idea why?

2. c69k

c69k New Member

GPU:
    1060M
    I am not quite sure I understand the part above I marked in green.

I am on 436.51 Driver which still has the Low latency mode in CP menu and ... when I change it to ULTRA or ON and press APPLY and subsequently refresh (update) Inspector, prerendered frames in Inspectore change from (default) application defined to 1 ... so the low latency switch obviously works in 436.51. In any later driver this option obviously disappeared. Setting Low latency to OFF in nvidia CP and APPLY make Inspector change 1 to application defined again. The switch obviously works just fine !!!

BTW. I have Alienware 13 R3 OLED laptop with 1060M and Optimus.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/official-alienware-13-r3-owners-lounge.797884/page-900 please see post #9000.

I so wish that I can have the low latency option in drivers above 436.51. I have read somewhere recently that there is a registry hack which allows to enable low latency option in CP menu by registry hack ... I searched but was not successful. Does anyone know how to enable this CP menu option?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  3. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    watching for rdr2 performance.

4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    "Even though the mode appeared to be enabled on these configurations, Ultra Low Latency mode was not actually engaged."

c69k likes this.

5. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I downloaded this driver from NVidia, installed it as normal, went into the Control Panel to tweak specific game related variables, and then suddenly the Control Panel closed itself on it's own - then a notification popped up saying that NVidia Control Panel app had been installed from the Microsoft Store. Basically, it seems to have converted itself from standard to DCH driver without my intervention! I used DDU uninstaller to uninstall all NVidia drivers, then I was able to reinstall the standard driver (not DCH). It's ok now, back to normal, no DCH driver. I could have sworn I downloaded the standard driver during my first install - I think it tried to auto install a DCH driver! Anyone else found this strange behaviour where this driver seems to have auto installed the DCH driver even though you chose the standard driver?

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Welcome to last week. ;)

fantaskarsef and ShadowDuke like this.
  7. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    My laptop with M5000M (980M) and 441.20 was a few fps higher on the max/high FPS but the average was about the same as before on the RDR2 benchmark (previously 436 driver). Not much change for Maxwell, at least not for mobile anyway.

tiliarou likes this.
  8. c69k

c69k New Member

GPU:
    1060M
    Thanx, I completely misunderstood Nvidias excuse LUL.

I can finally move on to 441.20 at least and set pre-rendered frames in Insepctor to 1.

I wish I knew if the pre-rendered frames setting in Inspector also applies to Vulkan and DirX12.

9. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    RDR2 is still unstable in Directx 12 for me (RTX 2080ti), still getting the "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
    Application crash log:
    Faulting application name: RDR2.exe, version: 1.0.1207.60, time stamp: 0x5dc2dfaf
    Faulting module name: RDR2.exe, version: 1.0.1207.60, time stamp: 0x5dc2dfaf
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000002b4f61a
    Faulting process id: 0xd34
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5999d4e8eab65
    Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\RDR2.exe
    Faulting module path: E:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\RDR2.exe
    Report Id: 55526d58-e160-4acf-93c4-84a27e5b1d5b
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Crashdump:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QqZq4ZthnoamJAhXm6PK97hDsatqZMPP/view?usp=sharing

Vulkan benchmarks the same so no real performance gained, same results at the 441.12 driver:
    [​IMG]

10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Anyone else having issues with G-Sync failing to engage in Red Dead Redemption 2 with Vulkan and SLi?

I'm getting great fps now but without G-Sync it’s a bit of a mess to look at, 40 to 50fps in DX12 with a single GPU/G-Sync enabled actually looks better than 80 to 120fps in SLi without G-Sync.

Tried all different combinations of in game and control panel V-Sync/G-Sync options without luck.

Let’s summon @ManuelG :D

11. IronRush

IronRush Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Ultra
    Exactly same situation with Mortal Kombat 11. Since release date the problem is there and nvidia is working with the devs thing. Sadly no fix at all.

tiliarou likes this.
  12. cyberscott

cyberscott Member

GPU:
    GTX 2080 Ti
    Has happened to me, once. If you use DDU and reboot with your internet connection on, Windows update will automatically start downloading and install the DHC driver right after boot up.
    To prevent this from happening, all you need to do is disconnect from the internet during the DDU uninstall, reboot and installation of the standard NVidia driver. Once the standard driver is installed, reconnect your internet connection.

13. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Mgpu with 2x2080ti in this game is nice :D Good scaling too!

14. Zulu69

Zulu69 Guest

GPU:
    1060 GTX 6 GB
    So no ultra low latency mode for MSHybrids yet with this release?

Might still upgrade and post some results....

15. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    My good old 1080ti :)

[​IMG]

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Vulkan
    2560 x 1440, 144hz, Windowed: No, Vsync: No, Triple: Off

Textures: Ultra
    Anisotropic: 16x
    Lighting: High
    Global Illumination: High
    Shadows: Medium
    Far Shadows: High
    SSAO: High
    Reflection: High
    Mirror: High
    Water: Custom
    Volumetrics: Custom
    Particles: Medium
    Tessellation: High
    FXAA: Off, TAA: High, MSAA: 0

Near Volumetrics Quality: High
    Far Volumetric Quality: Medium
    Volumetric Lighting Quality: High
    Unlocked Volumetric Raymarch Resolution: Off
    Particle Lighting Quality: Medium
    Soft Shadows: High
    Grass Shadows: Medium
    Long Shadows: On
    Full resolution SSAO: Off
    Water Refraction Quality: High
    Water Reflection Quality: Medium
    Water Physics Quality: 75%
    Resolution scale: Mode1o1
    TAA Sharpen Intensity: 50%
    Motion Blur: Off
    Reflection MSAA: Off
    Geometry Level of Detail: 100%
    Grass Level of Detail: 66%
    Tree Quality: High
    Parallax Occlusion Mapping Quality: High
    Decal Quality: High
    Fur Quality: High

alanm, AuerX, Singleton99 and 2 others like this.

16. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Do you have FXAA enabled? It causes flickering for me on a single GPU.

It has vulkan yes. Has since day 1

Reflections - Turn those down to medium - has no visible difference and has some real issues with performance when set to high.

Turn Near volumetric to medium (high is not visibly different and this is THE most demanding setting in the game).

Far volumetric can be set to Ultra with no performance difference.
    I see you have shadows on medium and soft shadows on high. Turn soft shadows off (not much visible difference) and shadows to high

Water Refraction - High (has more of an impact than reflections, so put it to medium and reflections to high)

Everything else looks good, but that near volumetric and reflection settings will get you better FPS.

I get better FPS on a 1070Ti with what I've mentioned, anything I didn't mention I have set to the same. Except I do have Raymarch ON (no performance impact whatsoever).

No need. Control panel has this implemented already and has done for a while now. No need to use inspector. It's in control panel under low latency mode (ON =1, Ultra=0)

In case that's not clear - Low latency mode=Pre-Rendered frames

Why DX12 when Vulkan runs smoother and has better performance? 40-50fps with a 2080Ti? Ouch. I get 60-90 on a 1070Ti (see above for settings)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    tiliarou and scaramonga like this.
  17. nex888

nex888 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080TI
    Upgrading from 441.12 to this version appears to have fixed an issue with my pc rebooting in some directx 9 CPU intensive games.

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Im using TAA, and I’m only using DX12 because that’s now the only way I can get G-Sync to work, the fps i mentioned is at maximum settings and 3440x1440 resolution, my fps is pretty much doubled with SLi in Vulkan but without G-Sync it just isn’t smooth.

19. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    "Even though the mode appeared to be enabled on these configurations (SLI, MSHybrid), Ultra Low Latency mode was not actually engaged."
    Ultra low latency doesn't work, by design, with SLI and Hybrid. Thus his reply to me.

20. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I can't test DX12 since it renders my game unlaunchable. (which is crazy, since I'm on an updated Windows 10 install, and I see people on Windows 7 using the game's "12on7" to use DX12 just fine, jfc)
    That being said, Vulkan with Gsync is working fine on my PC.
    Before this new driver, I did need to keep in game vsync on. But as the driver mentions this is fixed now.
    If it's broken for you then diagnosing this game is truly pointless.