Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.11.1 drivers - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 4, 2019.

1. colorfuel

colorfuel Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    edit: Sorry for Off-Topic

@bernek :

I found it by chance, using WinDirStat to check for stuff to delete to free some space on my SSD. There was a folder in AppData that looked empty in Explorer (with view hidden files activated) but took about 500mb according to WinDirstat through which I was able to open it and see that it contained some dlls and an exe. I didnt make a picture of the folder. But I found some people on the net with a similar issue: C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Roaming\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Settings\cpu

Some of these folders do not appear and seem empty even when you have "view hidden files" activated.

The miner only activated when the CPU/GPU were idling.

I have since formatted my SSD and reinstalled Windows and everything now works flawlessly.

I guess, installing those cracked games/repacks isn't always a good idea.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    A few repacks and groups behind these were pretty infamous for modifying the installer and certain hosting places would also be using miners, curious to see Edge affected though as it's a isolated UWP app which I think also applies to the beta(?) Chromium based version coming out at whatever point it's ready for release and replacing the existing Edge version. (20H1 of Windows 10 perhaps?)

Launch states being less than good and patches for a year and the main source of slowdown with the physical disk no longer being a thing and less aggressive online DRM of sorts so I haven't kept up much but I know it's still a issue though malware overall and the money around it not just being a destructive virus is overall a big difference too and we'll probably never see it resolved entirely.
    (Problematic or over aggressive ads and the prevalent of spam is up there too, script blockers might turn into almost being a requirement at this point even if it takes some tuning for each site to customize what is allowed.)

EDIT: That aside though good to see it removed whatever type of some bit/crypto currency miner it was or where from and how it operated even if it was idle only since it can be pretty hard on the GPU and not just from a performance perspective but overall lifetime and such.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    New driver from nvidia, im expecting an answer from Radeon team soon...

5. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    You guys using Crossfire, have you tested if enabling Multi-GPU in DX12 games requires you to have Crossfire enabled in the Radeon settings?

I'm asking this because it's a problem for Nvidia users that have GPUs without official Sli support, but Multi-GPU shouldn't require Sli because it's built-in.

6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It depends of wich type of multi-GPU support has the game. Technically speaking Crossfire/SLI options in the GPU driver control panel were just settings used to force the Direct3D runtime to see a single LDA (linked display adapter, aka one device with multiple nodes) instead of two different devices. Nothing prevent the GPU drivers to expose multiple nodes of multiple compatible devices as a LDA wihtout SLI/Crossfire support, but this is left to HIV driver implementation. LDA mode offer more restriction but also some optimisations on memory sharing while having two unlinked devices is the opposite.
    Since I don not have two identical GPUs of the last AMD/SLI generations I cannot test it for you, but on Microsoft github repos there are some official samples for Direct3D 12 multi-gpu modes.

7. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    I swapped my DP cable @ 144 Hz to a HDMI cable 2.0 @120Hz and all the crashes have gone. My monitor is a
    Samsung LC27FG73FQUXEN 27-Inch FHD 1920x 1080 Curved Gaming Monitor.

Since I switch cables I have not had an issue. As soon as I connect the DP cable I get crashes and black screens. Strange eh?

8. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    19.11.2 is out.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.2 Highlights
    Support For

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™
    Fixed Issues
    • Some specific map areas or cities in Player Unknown’s: Battlegrounds™ may intermittently experience stutter or performance drops.
    Known Issues
    • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may intermittently experience loss of display or video signal during gameplay.
    • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay may cause stutter or screen flashing on some applications.
    • Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
    • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
    • Invoking Radeon Overlay may cause games to lose focus or become minimized when HDR is enabled within Windows®.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-2

Jackalito and JonasBeckman like this.