Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Just finished Chapter 7. Finally, get to go to the south part of the map that was in the first game. It was long and a lot of fun. I died a lot in that chapter. I've got 52 and a half hours in the game so far.

Deleted member 109358 likes this.
  2. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Speeding thing up eh? I've been playing 20 hrs and I'm still in the first area after the prologue! :D

SameOldx2 likes this.
  3. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Same here, but that's thanks to the crashing and not being game enough to start a long mission in case it crashes, so I just go exploring.
    Found random events my son has never seen, and he played it for 6 months when it came out for the Xbox One...

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    43 hours in and still in chapter 3. I'm really spending a lot of time trying to finish side quests and all the odd jobs here and there without getting too distracted. Also spent a lot of time investing in the camp, weapon/equipment, fishing, and horse upgrades for Rocky who is still my original horse. :D

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not sure if anyone posted this:

Disclaimer : I don't own the game so I haven't tested this myself.

6. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Sorry to hear it is crashing. :/

Are you rock solid? Using Vulkan it crashed only a couple of times on my system, once because my GPU OC was too high, the others, well I cannot tell!

7. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I have discovered that the white Arabian wild horse is soft as shyte. Only takes a few bullets to take it down. But damn, it's fast. I've lost 2 now due to to much lead intake. Thankfully it respawns and is easy to tame. Absolutely loving this game and don't want the single player story to end. :(

8. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Anyone else has issues not seeing the HDR setting in menu? Doesn't matter what rendered i select still missing.

9. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    Yep mines gone funny thing my stutters are gone since HDR disabled

10. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB

Yeah.. not sure if that's the way to play this game. SameOldx2 probably missed a ton of sidequests, and you can't trigger them once it is gone at certain point. The sidquests are actually the highlight of the game for me so far. Some of them are too darn hilarious, and well, some just slap me in the face. :)

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I tried with 20%. Looks quite good imo.

12. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    I couldn't care less about the story. I even skip the cut scenes. The fun for me starts after the story. Everything you do in story mode, you can do in side missions, contracts, etc, even when the story's finished. And I can enjoy it at my own pace. That's what I like about open world gaming.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  13. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Nvidia's new drivers for Star wars are supposed to have some fixes for RDR2.

14. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I do that in a posse we use only lassos and fists. We started a war in St Denis, we were all talking with a southern drawl.

15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Started playing online yesterday, still at the 1st 4 player mission lol. Created an awesome looking scoundrel as a char though, came out randomly.

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I haven't touched online yet and I never saw any gameplay of it.
    I don't know If I should now or start AFTER I finish the Story.

17. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I probably won't do any Online until the rumored private servers are available (hoping that they do come to fruition). I'm too old and crippled up to have any fun fighting off griefers and other plagues in normal Online play right now.

Grimbarian likes this.
  18. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Press L menu... go to online options -> Play Mode -> Defensive.

Problem solved. If you do certain missions it will go to offensive, just switch it back.

Tons of freeroam activities you can do, griefers are only a problem if you let them be one. Even if you are playing with offensive on and someone kills you more than once, just choose the parley option they have a 10 minute timer they can't touch you.

No reason to avoid online.

19. Ive had no issues online, other then the disconnects. Theres been a few who have lassoed me or killed me but 99% of the time everyones just doing their own hussle.

20. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I hated multiplayer because I'm not into all the events stuff and if you're just going solo trying to grind for gear they made the values of items mind numbingly low to sell and insanely high to buy. Nevermind leveling your character this way takes forever. Im much better served grinding out single player. At least it's fair and I'm not nearly forced to play events I have no interest in or spending real money on gold.