Diablo IV

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Nov 1, 2019.

?

What class will you play at launch?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. Barbarian

25.0%
  2. Sorcerer

27.8%
  3. Rogue

20.8%
  4. Necromancer

19.4%
  5. Druid

6.9%
  1. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    That's good to hear. I wasn't sure about it either. Thing is, I don't find the game more enjoyable if I'm walking around the (now) open world, and I suddenly run into xxKuntEater88xx whacking some mobs. I guess I like to have the option to invite him along, but only when I want to.

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I do not care if it will be always online. Even on the contrary – it is better for it, because when the characters are stored online, there is much less room for cheating. The offline mode on the consoles, was there only problem I had with that game. Also I do not mind bumping into other players. Having a shared word makes it feel more alive to me. And having a solo option should also be available.

The problem I have with what I’ve seen so far is that it does not look innovative in any way. Fist of all it looks like D3 with the saturation turned down and more blood added. But more than that, the game play looks basically the same. I so much wanted them to innovate with it. To do something different and make the combat a bit less mindless mashing. Why can’t we have more engagement with it. Of course you are the hero, but should hordes of demons just die when you look at them angrily? Some meaningful 1v1, some form of strategy to it? I don’t know .. just looks stale to me..

Let’s see what 2025 will bring …

3. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I get what you mean, but that's Diablo and it's clones. Mindless bashing huge hordes is sorta par for the course in these games for a while now. This has been the thing that has usually prevented me from enjoying these games to the fullest.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Sure .. I understand that. I have been mashing for so many years now lol. But sill kinda feel it is time for the formula to evolve and it probably will, but may be Blizz are not the people for the job anymore ..

5. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Sure, I'd be for it immediately. However, it may also be the general audience that doesn't want to move from this. I mean, there are mods for Diablo 1 that mod in hordes of monsters, because that's what the fanbase wants...

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  7. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    The formula they have right now for how the combat feels and executes work quite well, so I can see why they wouldn't deviate too far from that. I personally like the combat in D3, and would like them to just expand on that in a meaningful way. My 2 cents

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
  9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Else it wouldn't fit in between all the other modern cash cows...

The gaming industry is so rotten to the core.

10. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    MTX is welcome by most of the community. Without MTX, how do you have a full team of devs working on content updates? You don't. PoE has them, they make insane money out of them. And yes, some of the MTX in PoE are not only cosmetic, they're convenience.

Cosmetic MTX in D4 is good for the game's life. D3 didn't have any money coming in and we saw next to no development over the years, other than build buffs/nerfs.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Undying likes this.
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well I don't have to be an editor at dsogaming to guess what Blizz's plan is there...

Already last weekend I talked to a friend of mine sitting together (he played D2 a bit and D3 for >1000 hours; me D1 and D2), and we both agreed, that the game will launch with 5 heroes (maybe even just 3 slots though, depending on how cheekey they are to sell more slots for money), which will be closest to D2 heroes. Like dso said, Sorc, Barb / Fighter, Druid we have already seen, most likely having some form of Pala and the Amazon too. Maybe characters like Witchdoctor or Necromancer will arrive later with paid expansions (paid expansions are already confirmed).
    Also, I strongly suspect Blizz offering early (or earlier) access to D4 beta with the BlizzCon 2020 virtual ticket, if not only for a few days or to get into a closed beta 1, with perhaps another closed or an open beta following soon after (latest 2020 or in 2021 before the game's release).

14. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    As far as I've seen it looks like D4 will have both gender for each classes, giving the player the option to go with Male or Female. If that's the case when the game comes out then I highly doubt that we'd get the Amazon per se, since they do not allow men to be warriors in their society. If they keep the lore intact and if they do intend to bring back the Amazon for D4 then chances are we'll only play a Female one. Instead, what I think will happen is that they'll go with the Rogue class; which would imply perhaps the Sisters of the Sightless Eye, which isn't the same as the Amazon and do have (most likely) both men and female archers in their ranks.

Generally-speaking they'll probably do include an 'Archer' class anyway. Sure I'd like to see the Amazon make a come back, mostly because I loved the Spears builds back in D2. But I'd imagine they'll go with the Rogue or perhaps the Demon Hunter again but maybe with a bit more focus on bows, who knows. None of this is certain of course, it's way too early. But when it comes to lore the Amazon have no such thing as a Male warrior. So there's that to consider.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

say he got 2 sources so almost a full 3 to confirmed interesting if true.

17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So... https://translate.google.at/transla...-an-Heroes-of-the-Storm-eSports-Ende-1337779/

If true, it only shows how bad management is... they totally thought everybody would jump on Diablo Immortal as it sounds. Boy, do they know little about us gamers...
    Also reads like they had to rush D4 to be able to be shown at Blizzcon 2019, not sure what that says about the game's state, and what they eventually had to cut to make it work.

19. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    in my opinion it all comes down to the hunt for items. as i said in before about D2 -
    the game was all about the items. getting that rare insane item by any legit way (griding\gambling\trading)
    was extremely rewarding. miles ahead D3 or PoE.

if D4 or any Diablo-clone type of game manages to bring an endless item system with a solid
    balance between how complex\casual it is.. that's the core of the game. it will keep the game alive
    for years. the rest ( story, atmosphere, gameplay, ost, end-game, pvp ) is less important in my opinion
    in Blizzard's* case.

since Blizz are veterans for the good or bad, the game-play and other stuff usually works. they know
    how to build a game, i cant deny it. the biggest issue will be the item system.. that's critical for a Diablo
    game, and i must say.. that takes talent and vision.. the guys that build D2 system were f*cking talented.. that's i can
    say on that matter :)

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF