Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    As you can see from the absolute nineties look of the page, web design ain't my forte.

Thanks for the praise. I just figured we'll be comparing settings for a while, since everyone's hoping they fix this up a bit ;)

I'll look into adding a "load XML from disk" option tomorrow. Don't think I can grab general system info from JavaScript. Maybe Windows version, but that's it.

2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Eh. I'm old school so I appreciate the little things community members do `just cause'.

Off topic.. I saw a very early version of ScriptHook was released today.. Doesn't do much and buggy but it's a start.

(For those who don't know.. ScriptHook was the master key to 99% of GTA V modding)

3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thanks for the parser! It's amazing.

Here are my current settings.
    I am just enjoying the game so much now that I have a it set like this!

Code:
    AMD Radeon RX Vega, Vulkan
    1920 x 1080, 72hz, Windowed: No, Vsync: Yes, Triple: On

Textures: Ultra
    Anisotropic: 16x
    Lighting: Ultra
    Global Illumination: Ultra
    Shadows: High
    Far Shadows: Medium
    SSAO: High
    Reflection: Ultra
    Mirror: Ultra
    Water: Custom
    Volumetrics: Custom
    Particles: Medium
    Tessellation: Medium
    FXAA: On, TAA: High, MSAA: 0

Near Volumetrics Quality: High
    Far Volumetric Quality: High
    Volumetric Lighting Quality: High
    Unlocked Volumetric Raymarch Resolution: Off
    Particle Lighting Quality: High
    Soft Shadows: Medium
    Grass Shadows: Low
    Long Shadows: On
    Full resolution SSAO: Off
    Water Refraction Quality: High
    Water Reflection Quality: High
    Water Physics Quality: 0%
    Resolution scale: Mode1o1
    TAA Sharpen Intensity: 20%
    Motion Blur: Off
    Reflection MSAA: Off
    Geometry Level of Detail: 0%
    Grass Level of Detail: 100%
    Tree Quality: Ultra
    Parallax Occlusion Mapping Quality: Ultra
    Decal Quality: High
    Fur Quality: High

Generated with Forceflow's RDR2 settings parser

5. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Coolerking likes this.
  6. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
  7. I did the Joker settings for me 1080Ti and it's running nicely now. 60-70fps and even 90s. The only issue Im having is the same issue as in GTAV, money! Trying hunting but I seem to ruin all my pelts even though Im 1 shot killing deers, bountys are hard when you're by yourself...the game just seems like a real grind. All this riding around literally for hours real world time for $20.....

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  9. For SP:
    You will get a lot of money by progressing through main story and by doing sidequests(robbing and killing). There is very little freeroam activities worth doing for money (stupid I know). Probably the best way how to get money in free roam is robbing houses or stealing stagecoaches near Emerald Ranch and selling them to that guy there, you will get $40+ for each stagecoach.

For RDO:
    Yep, it's tedious grind. R* wants you to spend more real money.

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    It's so weird the crahes
    Single Player..

I make a lot of money grinding out on hunting.. One of my favorite spots is in St Denis down the tracks from the butcher in the open swamp area and the field on the other side.. Super easy to find a perfect croc pelt and head shot them, then I roam the general area whoring up croc meat and picking off bird after bird, after bird, any ground critters that may emerge, sell them back off at the butcher, rinse repeat. Feathers, meat, small birds, small pelts, and perfect croc pelts add up fast in the rdr2 world. Quantity, not quality. I can usually yield $40-$70 per sell off.. Springfield and Varmint rifle are your friends..

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Has anyone with the Rockstar Games Launcher version of the game managed to run the game from the desktop shortcut? The launcher created a desktop shortcut for me when I pre-loaded it but everytime I double-click on it to play the game I get a ERR_NO_LAUNCHER message and I'm told to run the game from the Rockstar Games Launcher instead which works fine.

What is the point in creating a desktop shortcut if it doesn't actually work?!?!?!?

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think you have to aim for head kills with a bow or specific type of rifle to avoid ruining animal pelts.

If you're struggling for money then there's the ruins of a town near the Horseshoe Overlook camp that has a building with a gold bar hidden in a chest. On the consoles, this could be exploited to get lots of money from the gold bar due to a duplication glitch. Not sure if that still happens on PC - likely not - but the gold bar can be solid in, from memory, Saint Denis for a decent amount of money (I think it might be $500).

Deleted member 109358 likes this.
  13. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Didn't take the idea of Nvidia control panel sharpening very seriously at first but now I'm a convert. Seems to give more detail. And max reduction of film grain (slider to far right) does give more detail but can reduce overall image quality. Not as much richness or character in the visuals. I know those terms may not be the best to describe it.

Taking away too much grain makes it looks more wooden almost sort of like a reduction in contrast. I guess others can explain it better. So it amounts to most people may wind up setting the film grain below 1.0 to whatever suits them like .7 or .3 or so. A lower setting adds more grain. The film grain slider is just below the sharpen slider in NV control panel in the Nov 4 driver update. Which is nothing new in the thread.

I'm still keeping film grain at 1.0 (no grain or very little) to check out more areas for the graphic appearance. And for the mental satisfaction that I can play with no film grain or very little of it. I'll set it lower if I get tired of the overall look.

DocStrangelove and LuckyNumber8 like this.
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    What is 50% of 3840 ? 1920. What is 50% of 2160? 1080. What is 66,7% of 3840? 2561- What is 66,7% of 1440. You can also see that the 0.667 render scale has same performance as the 1440p nvidia upscale :)

The 1440p nvidia upscale looks worse ingame, but both options look significantly worse than native 4k... which i'd be able to run with sli :(

But yeah, they want to sell one stupid overpriced gpu, rather than 2 cheaper gpu's... much higher profit margins for them -_-

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    hey multi card owners, change Setting ID_0x20247e01 = 0x00000002 to ID_0x20247e01 = 0x00000000 and you'll be able to experience this games MGPU capability.

Be aware that there will be visual issues such as flickering, but this does show the game has native mgpu support and doesn't require a profile.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    But it isn't usable in this state, unlike for instance in bf5, or metro exodus, where you can also do workarounds to make it work.

And seeing how poor performance is allround (game not even running for many people) i fear that mgpu support is faaaar down the priority list :/

17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    The mistake we all make early on is assuming all animals are created equal, they're not, when you look at an animal you will see it's either *, ** or *** quality, early on you will only get perfect pelts if you kill a *** with the correct method (ie small game arrow for small game etc) and kill with the correct shot (usually head shot). Later on
    there is a talisman you can get
    which improves the quality of the pelts so can make a ** become perfect.

18. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I've looked into this. When the executable is launched from the RGL, additional commands get passed to it, from a (temporary?) file called commands.txt. Either that, or it simply checks the parent process.

Been trying to get this to work with steam link, but any attempt at streaming this game results in a crash.

How does the EGS version launch? Do you have to click on the RGL as well?

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  19. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Double 1920x1080 in both height and you end up with 4x more pixels, therefore 1080p is just 25% of 4K, not 50%.

Here's a visual representation, you can fit 4x 1080p roctangles into single 4K roctangle.
    [​IMG]

Also nvidia upscaling is not performance free. Hardware unboxed tested it and performance impact was clearly bigger than standard upscaling.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    AsiJu and DocStrangelove like this.
  20. I was so excited for this game. but thats fading really fast. I keep getting disconnected every 10mins. So I spend all that time hunting just to loose it....