Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    The changelog for that update was posted a page or 2 back.

2. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    I have tried it just yesterday for myself and I'm surprised how drastic difference it makes so I recommend checking it out. Upscaled picture looks really sharp thanks to it, but some games dont work with nv experience, so you need to toggle image sharpening in Nv control panel.

https://i.**********/JngjjcJZ/b1111111.jpg

XenthorX likes this.
  3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Got freezes all the time after the update, last thing i'll gonna try is Vulcan, after that literally out of options.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Can't wrap my head around how they messed up the release THIS BAD, considering what a sublime experience GTAV PC was (and still is) from day 1. Isn't it the same engine on both games at its core? ...

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    I had stutters no matter what settings i used FPS 70 would stutter moving mouse and moving i fixed it by task manager. set affinity and disable 3 cores on my 9700k and the stuttering is gone? running dx12
    Maybe try it

DocStrangelove likes this.
  6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    DocStrangelove likes this.
  7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've got about four friends online that have bought RDR2.
    And damn near each one is having a drastically different experience. One said the game is running great, no issues. Solid performance, another... stuttering like crazy, random pauses... doesn't matter what settings of what he's doing.

Another, hasn't even been able to get the game started. With Rockstar's launcher crashing when starting, crashing when trying to start the game.
    The last said he could play, it's so/so FPS wise... but the game has randomly crashed on him multiple times.

And, it's crazy. The one with the best setup... is the one having terrible performance, stuttering and hitching.

Solfaur likes this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    That is just the sharpening filter, not an upscaling filter... and yes, i am already using that, but the blur introduced by the render res scaler in this game is horrendous. The image sharpening is used on the screenshots i posted, and the difference in sharpness between the native 4k, and 4k upscaled from 1440p is still drastic.

EDIT: apparently the upscaling only works from the global profile, and not on a per game profile... odd. But ty for the tip :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It is still the same engine, yeah...

Solfaur likes this.
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Agree that the inventory system could be a little more refined and accessible. But considering the slower pace of the game it's not too big of a deal.

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! :D

So i switched on the fps counter via Nvidia Exp and saw with my settings i was only getting like 45 - 60 fps. Hiccups, small freezes of about 1 second and then after 5mins total freezes.

Tried MSAAx4 only, then TAA, then no AA but MotionBlur On. Nothing helped here.

So i just switched on VULCAN for the 1st time.

OH BOY! Went straight to 100 fps and buttersmooth !!!! Had most settings on high to medium, now i can put them back on ultra to high. This is awesome.

Just played for like 30mins, no crashes , no hiccups. no 1sec freezes anymore.

So big thank you to all ppl recommending Vulcan here.

airbud7, XenthorX and jbscotchman like this.
  12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    They knew the game would sell regardless to it's state and that most pc gamers have become used to buying a broken port and waiting months to get it running properly. Everyone shits on consoles, but the games always run without many issues at release. PC never gets the same development focus. Ever.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    For AMD Gpu users are you running it with "Radeon Image Sharpening" on or off?

14. Guys, we're on Guru3D. It's Vulkan for Christ's sake :)

15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Btw gents - there are missable side missions ingame. You can only do those in certain chapters of the story line - if you move on without doing these, they're gone.
    Ppl will basically ask you for different objects you might have come across already if you searched abandoned places a lot.
    If you fail to deliver these things when the story goes on to the next chapters you miss the archievement 'Errand boy'.

*MISSABLE*

This is only possible in Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4. Make sure you get this before completing Chapter 4.

While you’re at your gang’s camp, people will randomly come up to you and give you item requests of stuff they want. This is somewhat random so spend a lot of time in the camp and socialize with your crew to get more requests. You need to progress a little bit into Chapter 2 and play a main mission with each camp member so that more requests are offered to you. Luckily, there are much more than 5 requests.

Below is a list of all requests with the chapters, request givers, and where to get the item. Do this as early as possible! Also, the requests are generally only given at day between 8:00 – 20:00. So don’t try this in the middle of the night. Some of the request items can be very random so stick to what’s straightforward and easy to locate.

Chapter 2 (from 8:00 – 20:00):

• Abigail – Request: $5 – Location: Give Her Your Money
    • Jack – Request: Abigail’s Thimble – Location: Randomly found from looting dead bodies
    • Jack – Request: Penny Dreadful Book – Location: it can be in 5 places; Osman Grove in Hut east of Emerald Ranch (Location Screenshot), Clawson’s Rest in Hut north-west of Valentine, Pleasance in School north-east of Eris Field, Downes-Ranch in Hut east of Wallace Station, Lake Don Julio in Hut south-east of Armadillo
    • Javier – Request: Oleander – Location: See Oleander Location, a plant found in the wilderness, use [​IMG] + [​IMG] to see plants.
    • Mary Beth – Request: Fountain Pen – Osman Grove, check the nightstand drawer in a house, east of Emerald Ranch (Fountain Pen Location).
    • Pearson, only while playing Poker with him – Request: Naval Compass – Location: Braithwaite Manor in Boathouse (Naval Compass Location).
    • Sean – Request: Kentucky Bourbon – Location: Bought from General Stores
    • Tilly, only while playing Dominoes with her – Request: Necklace – Location: From Safes / Lockboxes all over the world
    Chapters 2, 3, 4 (from 8:00 – 20:00):

• Bill – Request: Pomade – Location: Bought from General Stores
    • Charles – Request: Moonshine – Location: Bought from Fences
    • Charles – Request: Oleander – Location: See Oleander Location, a plant found in the wilderness, use [​IMG] + [​IMG] to see plants.
    • Dutch – Request: Pipe – Location: In a Hut east of Pronghorn Ranch (Pipe Location).
    • Hosea – Request: ‘Shrew in the Fog’ Book – Location: In a House in the middle of the Bayou at Hagen Orchards (Shrew in the Fog Book Location)
    • Susan – Request: Oregano x2 – Location: A plant found in the wilderness, use [​IMG] + [​IMG] to see plants (Location Screenshot – also see Plant Locations).
    Chapter 2, 3, 4 (from 20:00 – 3:00):

• Lenny – Request: Pocket Watch – Location: On a table in a hut near Pronghorn Ranch (Pocket Watch Location).
    Chapter 2, 3, 4 (from 8:00 – 12:00):

• Pearson – Request: Rabbit – Location: from Hunting, they spawn everywhere.
    Chapter 3 (8:00 – 20:00):

• Hosea – Request: American Ginseng x2 – Location: A plant found in the wilderness, use [​IMG] + [​IMG] to see plants.
    • Molly – Request: Pocket Mirror – Location: In a hut of Martha’s Swain, east of Three Sisters. You can find it on the nightstand next to the bed (Pocket Mirror Location).
    • Sadie – Request: Harmonica – Location: Found in a shelf of a hut east of Flatneck Station (Harmonica Location).
    Chapter 3 (12:00 – 18:00):

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019

16. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Deleted member 164252 likes this.
  17. @doktor1 Could you make some screenshots with UI elements on screen, map and diary? I'd like to know if there are any undesired artifacts.

18. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    These look really weird to be honest, like there's some kind of grain filter.
    I wouldn't use AMD or Nvidia sharpening for that matter (I've tried Nvidias it also looks like crap)

19. There is no grain filter and it has nothing to do with RIS. The dithering you see on foliage is how it's actually rendered. It's optimization to save fillrate during alpha pass. It's also visible only when the camera is stationary. It's much more blurry when in movement because of the TAA reconstruction.

20. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Map and diary

[​IMG]

Deleted member 164252 likes this.