Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Got to the same conclusion. The only way to reduce the terrible blur is to either switch off TAA and have blur replaced with terrible shimmer or to up the resolution. I set it to 1440p on 1080p screen and dialed back settings from ultra to high. TAA is on medium and motion blur off. Some distant objects are still a bit too blurry, but the surrounding is fine and I still have at least 60 fps everywhere.

2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I wish there was a "low" setting for TAA because I don't think we even need "medium" to remove the shimmer. Medium does a great job of shimmer removal so I'm inclined to believe a low setting would do just as well while reducing blur. I think if we had a low setting, plus some scaling we could be at a truly happy compromise.

Backstabak likes this.
  3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    did anybody mod the vignette out of the game ?!

4. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Plays nice and smooth for me on dx12, 1080p and high/med settings textures on ultra. Only thing is it freezes every few seconds sometimes mostly during dialogue and cut scenes, going to to see if the process lasso or whatever its called will help (it did for KCD a while back). Thanks to whoever suggested that a few pages back...

My 1070 is just about maxed so is the CPU, runs and looks about how I would expect. Frames seem to be at or close to 60 but haven't measured yet. Some of the textures do look pretty bad up close, snow on coats/jackets especially...

Besides the intermittent freezing and some bad textures its a great game, feel like I'll e getting more than my money from this one.

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  6. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    game patch on rockstar's launcher is out. downloading almost 500 mb.

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    For me it was 2.69 gb

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Version went from 1207.58 to 1207.60.. Hopefully we'll get a change log

9. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    It is, read it too fast. Got a framerate improvement, but it still freezes, though nowhere near as much as before.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT

11. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
  12. Is anyone interested in a thread where we post our RDR2 fps and our systems? Itd be a great idea to see what everyones getting. Im running a 1080Ti but with a 3930k (6yrs old) @ 3.8Ghz everying maxed and on Ultra @1080P and I get 54fps+. However theres an advanced graphics options section, when thats "unlocked" my fps drops around 10frames.

Curious to note something. My monitor runs at 75hz@ 1080P, but the maximum hz ingame at 1080P is 60. If I drop the resolution then 75hz becomes available. Anyone else experiencing this?

13. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    In order to easily share and compare RDR2 settings, I'm working on an online parser that takes the system.xml file from your RDR2 folder and parses it into a nice, pasteable chunk of text to use on reddit, forums etc.
    As you see, I'm only halfway through the settings, and I've got to go out soon. I'll continue later tonight. If anyone wants to put in a PR (the code is quite simple, if you know the basics of JS), go ahead :)

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    THANK YOU!!!

At least Im not the only one that noticed the poor textures. It doesn't help when some of them are really really good, then right next to it is a low res texture. Just makes the low res one stand out. Distracts the hell out of me.

Currently using GamerNexus settings at 1440p and getting lowest of 45fps mostly stays above 60fps though. The game is really good though, just think that something is missing, I am sure there is going to be a big patch soon. The game barely touches 4 cores on my 3900X, I think the implementation of Vulkun is really really bad and still in a beta faze. It performs better than DX12 but only by like 3-5fps if you are lucky. I think with better Vulkun code the game could end up utilising a lot more CPU power.

15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Nice work! Works great so far considering you're not even through all the settings!

16. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I'll agree with you here, and that `something' that is missing is firing it up and getting that "Ok, now THIS is why I game on PC" vibe. While their is a slight improvement over the PS4 version, and some things are exactly the same (the random low res textures) it's not a stand out compared to the console version.

I think that's what we were all expecting. To be blown away compared to the console version. When people are firing up their consoles to see the differences side by side, Houston, you have a problem.

Serotonin likes this.
  17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yup, totally agree. I remember my friend playing Doom 2016 on XB1 (base model) and he loved the game. Then I helped him build his first PC and the first game he played was Doom 2016 at over 150fps at 1440p Ultra settings on a 144Hz monitor. I watched as his jaw dropped, and he told me it was the best gaming experience he has ever had. He sold his XB1 a month or two later and is now a PC gamer only.

Oh he also played Witcher 3 as well and I installed reshade before he played it.... I think he has something stupid like 600 hours in that game lol

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Damn, everything was going fine, but i crashed (GPU issue - known issue ?!) after upgrading the camp and now the game crash on load.
    Latest Nvidia driver, maximum settings 4K.

Weird way to end a stream, telling you !

Astyanax likes this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    has the game got a shader cache folder you can purge?

XenthorX likes this.
  20. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Thanks man! I've just added some advanced settings. Will take me a bit more time to do them all, because the mapping is not always clear.
    Also, there are a lot of undocumented settings (that are not available in the settings menu). You can disable all damage (well, the visual effects of it), etc.