Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Fixed that for you, thanks ;)

airbud7, Jackalito, Serotonin and 2 others like this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Another garbage game performance vs visuals wise...

Not only doesn't this game support sli by default, they haven't even included dx11, so it is impossible to fix it yourself...

As a result it barely looks better than gta 5, but in gta 5 i can get 100 fps with full ultra settings in 4k, where as in this game, i can just about pull 60 fps at 1440p full medium settings...

I am not impressed... at all.

3. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Anyone having any luck streaming this (to another device)? Really want to play this on my couch, but both the Steam Link method and Nvidia Gamestream + moonlight give me the ERR_NO_LAUNCHER issue (please launch this game from the Rockstar Games Launcher)

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    What are the demanding settings?

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Is 5900 XT the new AMD card.Great.

Too bad AMD/Nvidia the game is not running great yet,it will get better with a couple patches.I am yet to buy the game,looking for a better deal,price is to high for this game for me.

7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Some of you all are crazy. When I exited a house I was blinded and absolutely stunned at how the snow made me turn my head away. This game has better lighting effects than any RTX game I've seen.

airbud7 and Grimbarian like this.
  8. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    You know what, instead of waiting I'll buy the game next week.

Every screenshot and video I've seen so far does not justify the framerate.

Anthem is leagues better looking.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I'm not sure it matches Metro Exodus but the console images even using upscaling and temporal anti-aliasing presented a cinematic visual style with some really stunning scenes so once out of the darker gray-ish snow area I can image the game can produce some excellent results.

7680x4320 DSR and a 2080Ti up for sacrifice and all out should make for some high-res footage too showing what the game can look underneath the cinematic (= post-process shaders and very "filmic" tone mapping and such shading.) and blur (TAA and such, maybe film grain and stuff.) guess we'll see within a few days once screenshot enthusiasts jam a free camera into the game that doesn't have too many limits ha ha.

EDIT: Well Exodus is still hub based and divided in levels so adding in RTX shadows, GI or SSR might be tougher for a fully open world if there's no immediate fall-off or greatly reduced detail or accuracy having this one distant object reflect in the water or get accurate shadows and lighting so there's that too but we'll get there at some point. :D

Well some generation of gamers will have photo-like visual quality or closer than current method at least but not quite yet.

10. Software Junkie

Software Junkie Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Am I blind? Where is the menu entry to rebind the control keys?

EDIT: Ah, you don't see the keybind entry in the menu until you start the game.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    airbud7 and jbscotchman like this.

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well, guess ? what I updated the bios on my Croshair vii hero and now the laucher works. Other people with AMD procesors confirmed this as well.

Now to gaming :D

Backstabak likes this.
  12. That has to be some really strong stuff you're smoking friend.

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Not really... anthem is a bad game, but much better looking than rdr2.

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Ha! Nice one. :D

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Anthem looks great, but it's probably the worst game I've played this generation.

Dragam1337 and Reclusive781 like this.
  17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Would i get 60 on medium on my poor old 970? Gagging to play it but should probably upgrade first!

18. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    If only I saved my screenshots.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
  20. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Processor: i7-9900K, all cores 5.0GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR4 4133MHz

GPU: RTX 2080Ti Watercooled

Resolution: 3440x1440@100Hz, G-Sync

Settings: Enabled the recommended settings in GeForce Experience and adjusted everything that was set to below high to high. So pretty much everything is set to high besides textures that are set to Ultra. Running Windowed Borderless, disabled TAA and FXAA as it makes thing look way too blurry. Enabled 2x MSAA instead, not ideal would need at least 4x to get rid of all the jagginess but performance is just not good enough for more than 2x.

FPS: Seems to be stable 60 FPS on average according to the benchmark. In-game it seems more like 70 FPS. The benchmark dips to 34 FPS and I don't really know why.

Didn't really know what to expect, but this isn't all that impressive to me. Looks similar to my Xbox One X, just more jagginess due to not having native 4K downscaled to 2560x1440. 3440x1440 with 2x MSAA looks worse in-terms of aliasing compared to Xbox One X with native 4K and TAA downscaled to 2560x1440. Besides that the details seems to be somewhat the same.

So I finally have ultrawide and 60 FPS, but aliasing is worse and running textures on ultra and everything else on high don't seem to provide any noticeable improvements when compared to the Xbox One X.

Barely pegs my CPU at all so seems to be crazy GPU bound. My 2080 Ti doesn't provide much else than ultrawide (which is still lower resolution than native 4K on Xbox One X) and 60 FPS instead of 30 FPS. Should be room for much better optimisation here. I would expect my 2080 Ti to be capable of running this at 100 FPS at 3440x1440 with the same overall settings as the Xbox One X. That's clearly not the case here.