Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Running good at 1080p with ultra textures, and a combination of high/medium on the other stuff. Grabbed a screen from the benchmark and it's staying in the 50-60 fps range. Pretty sweet that it's running Vulkan from the git go.

https://i.**********/8CDkDvVG/RDR2-2019-11-05-08-48-01-918.jpg

2. These minimum FPS numbers are scary. I hope it's just benchmark/loading issue.

Serotonin likes this.
  3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Just started the game and already causing trouble in Saint Denis? Jeez you dont waste time do ya :D

airbud7 and jbscotchman like this.
  4. ^ Exactly what I thought, I was avoiding Saint Denis until the game forced me there with the first story mission :)

5. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    I'm not remotely close to running this on max on my 9900K@5.0GHz and 2080 Ti on 3440x1440 resolution.

I've settled for whatever GeForce Experience is recommending by default and upping everything it sets to below high to high, and disabling TAA and FXAA and instead run with 2x MSAA. This looks good besides some obviously aliasing and jagginess.

This results in pretty much everything being set to high besides textures which is set to Ultra. And of course I had to disable TAA and FXAA as those was enabled by GeForce Experience and I had to manually enable 2x MSAA for both graphics and water reflections.

This results in 60 FPS average according to the benchmark.

Didn't really know what to expect, I would love to have some reference to what settings equals the Xbox One X. I can't really say that my settings look anything better than what it did on my Xbox One X, but it's running in 3440x1440@60Hz instead of 2560x1440@30Hz when I played in on my Xbox One X so it's obviously performing better.

But there is clearly something with the aesthetics and look of the game that does not match the Xbox One X. I'm not entirely sure what the Xbox One X did in-terms of anti-aliasing but it looks more jagged with 2x MSAA compared to what it did on Xbox One X. But enabling FXAA or TAA is just not feasible as it makes it so blurry, much more so that it ever looked on the Xbox One X.

6. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Does the rockstar launcher give you crap about switching hardware configs at least? I remember your frustration with Origin.

7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    https://i.**********/wMPJbVZg/RDR2-2019-11-05-09-08-27-001.jpg

With some Ultra options enabled. This runs smoother than GTA V!

8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Just for fun :D
    1440p full ultra, 440.97, everything running on stock.

Vulkan:
    [​IMG]

DX12:
    [​IMG]

Basically no difference. Max and minimum can be safely ignored for the moment it seems. But average is pretty spot on.

Serotonin likes this.
  9. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Unoptimized console port confirmed.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Where's your Call of Duty RT benchmarks? :(

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Rubbish. Your trolling is boring. Do you contribute anything other than constantly posting negative crap?

airbud7 likes this.
  12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Y'all have a good time now, you hear.

airbud7 and jbscotchman like this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You got better weed than I have.

airbud7 likes this.
  14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    It's the benchmark.

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Yeah, I wonder what the settings of the Xbox One X are? Digital Foundry will probably find that out. I keep saying it, the Xbox One X is just such an impressive machine for the hardware it has vs. what it outputs. I don't think there's ever been a more powerful console for the time period. It's a shame the system can't get a few exclusives using it's full power and will be killed off in a year for a newer system.

LuckyNumber8 likes this.

16. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    How am I trolling? You see the benchmarks people are posting. Somebody on another board said they're getting an average 51fps on a damn GTX 1080Ti and an i9 9900k at 1440p. That's crap frame rate.

There is absolutely no reason for somebody to even get less then avg 90fps with specs with like that.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Dragam1337 likes this.
  17. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    My game is running fine.. Only issue I had was when switching to DX12, it looked fullscreen and was super zoomed in.

Hit.. Alt-Enter and it fixes it.. Game looks great, although ultra'ed out it's a bear

2080Ti
    I9 9000k @ 4.7 on all cores
    32GB RAM
    @ 1440p
    All AA off

It's not very CPU intensive. As you can see it doesn't always even ramp up to 4.7. It seems this really puts the load on the GPU this time as compared to GTA V. I saw no difference between Vulcan and DX12.

Definitely room for improvement performance wise.. Considering my specs, I expected more.. It's perfectly playable, doesn't stutter etc, but... I also question if these texture are any higher resolution than the PS4.. I was expecting to be blown away, yet I'm left with "This looks like the PS4 Pro". I do own the game on PS4 Pro and beat it so I do have a lot of history with how this game looked on console.. This doesn't feel "PC" this feels straight port..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    How are you able to say procreating, uncensored?

19. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Indeed, Digital Foundry analysis should be interesting. Xbox x version runs RDR2 at 4K, so I was expecting fast GPU like 1080ti to run 4K 60fps.... yet even at 1440p people say they need to use medium settings in order to get 60fps average . GTA4 optimisation all over again?

Serotonin likes this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I feel like I'm watching a movie. The voice acting, lighting, and facial expressions are top notch! Rockstar delivered!

airbud7, Jackalito and Grimbarian like this.