Geforce Game Ready Driver 441.08 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Oct 29, 2019.

1. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    I guess LG still doesn't support it out of the box.
    Going through all the hoops and technical challenges to add VRR and what not, but then fail to give the end result a quick polish; in this case by adding a resolution that makes a lot of sense. (3840x2160 120Hz YCbCr420)

Maybe NVIDIA could push more for these things? I mean there are native certified Gsync 21:9 monitors out there that use the reduced color format to achieve just a little higher refresh rates. So why not here going from 60hz to 120hz at native res?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  2. alexander1986

alexander1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    any way you can prove that? and do you mean the game defaults to 1 prerendered frame ?

why is there stutter with ultra low latency on these drivers in fortnite, but not with 436.15 then? I can show some posts from users on reddit experiencing the same too :S

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Unreal engine doesn't like an adaptive pre-render queue.

4. alexander1986

alexander1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060

no issues with 436.15 + ultra low latency, major issues with 441.08 + ultra low latency. all other settings identical.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Platforms/LowLatencyFrameSyncing/index.html

the documentation here might be of some use as well, idk, anyway Fortnite is the most played (and probably most optimized) online FPS game in the world at this moment in time, no reason it wouldn't support such a feature, nvidia has also included it in their ultra low latency marketing:

[​IMG]

hopefully it will be fixed for the next driver releases so I don't have to run an older version.

5. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    So do we still have to set an fps 2-3 frames under the limit with this new change to avoid v-sync kicking in?

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    apparently not, the new driver is doing the limit for you.

7. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I don't want less shimmer. I don't want any shimmer whatsoever. The whole point of AA is to get rid of it.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it isn't

Antialiasing is to remove jaggies from the edges of polygons.

Shimmer is an issue with lod bias and planar filtering.

9. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    hi, gtx 1080 here.
    I have the sharpening option in nvcp but no gpu upscaling checkbox. Is this normal?

10. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Tested in a few games. Works like this in Battlefront 2 & Fallout 4 with ultra low latency and g-sync & v-sync on, get a 73fps limit auto set at 75hz. Gears 5 doesn't though... wonder if its a Dx12 issue.

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I actually had to roll back a driver version. Rare for me. The new sharpening option seems to mess with PPSSPP, makes it take a couple minutes to launch. When I talked to one of the PPSSPP devs they suspected that I had ReShade being applied to PPSSPP, which obviously wasn't the case.
    I also tried uninstalling GeForce experience, and adding a PPSSPP profile to force it off, didn't help.
    Shame too, because I wanted to test this Gsync with Ultra low latency claim in that emulator specifically.

tiliarou likes this.
  12. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    In application profiles? Yeah, it's missing for me too. Probably a bug.
    But I can see it in global settings.
    It only does two things from what I can tell:
    Forces GPU scaling ON, which is the same as Adjust desktop size -> Perform scaling on GPU, so you can set it there instead of Display.
    Adds more weird/non-standard resolutions below your native one, kind of like DSR but in reverse. If you really need more res options I guess you can just create a few custom resolutions and use that instead.

13. jallaby

jallaby Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix OC
    This driver crashed Apex so many times for me for some reason. The only thing I did was to enable the low latency mode (Ultra), something I've done since nvidia implemented it in their drivers.

After starting a "round" I got one of the following errors;

"Engine Error - CreateTexture2D failed for Gfx_TextureAsset_ResizeAndCopy" or
    "0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG"

Crashes had no similar timeframes, I could be flying (just launched from airship) or been playing for 5-10 mins... then all of a sudden...crash!

I re-installed 436.51 since it was my previous working driver, all is back to normal.

14. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 Phantom
    You make my day. Ordered !

15. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    Didn't see it in both.
    But I rebooted and it's back.
    Might have to do with the fact that during my sessions I switch back and forth from single monitor to Surround depending on the game I'm playing.
    Guess this somehow "confuses" the driver.
    Switching to Surround with Nvidia is a great pita compared to AMD Eyefinity anyway, just saying ; )

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019

16. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Could be. Try Win+Ctrl+Shift+B instead of rebooting, this restarts GPU driver on Windows 10.
    Maybe restarting driver would be enough to reload control panel.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Don't use sharpening globally?

I don't have any issues with ppsspp launch times and im not using it globally (or at all frankly, i haven't found a need for it on that pc)

This is a learning curve for users, because the behavior isn't going to change from how its set out.

18. Adrian1976

Adrian1976 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Bit confused by image sharpening 1. Does it work in all resolutions? Does it work of desktop res or game res? Why is there no GPU Scaling option on per game basis profile, I've just tried per game basis on Grim dawn and to be honest didn't notice any difference

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the gpu scaling can not be per process, it relies on the native res.

20. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    It should work on any res with any DX9/11/12 game.