Death Stranding

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    here's something funny:

2. The marketing campaign is at full blast I see, shooting ads left and right to fuel the infamous hype train... oh yeah, a bit of choo choo for everybody...

3. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Launch trailer almost 8 minutes long :D

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    now to wait for yong's 90 minute break down of that 8 min trailer ;p.

skipped most of his videos to skip the hype but man thats gold how long he can geek on kojima.

5. Launch trailer that is longer than most reviews these days :)

For me it's already a wait for sale game... Actually, now that I think about it, I'll probably wait for PC release.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Still looks like Postman Pat: The Game to me.

Unless all these videos are trolling and there is more to it.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Game looks like utter mince. Delivery simulator featuring Daryl Dixon. That 8 minute trailer showed about 1 minutes of gameplay and it was all the same stuff, Daryl walking, Daryl swimming, Daryl running.

When the whole thing with Kojima and Konami blew up last year with everyone jumping on Kojima's side and attacking Konami it seemed the guy had been hard done by and that Konami was the big bad. I mean yeah I had to struggle to actually give two f*cks but it was all over the place for a few months and still pops up now and then.

However the more I see of Wallking Simulator featuring Daryl Dixon the more I suspect that Kojima is a hack and that the great big evil publisher was the only thing that was keeping this guy in check, that the only reason his games had anything close to gameplay in them was because someone from Konami would poke him with a stick when he went off on a random tangent wanting to stick realistic sh*tting horses and half naked women who breath through their skin in his games.

The game won't be poorly reviewed at least not ripped apart, simply because no one will want to come out and say this guy is so far up his own arse and maybe Konami did the right thing binning him but it will get a lot of this flawed genius rubbish, saying how it does some amazing stuff but questionable in terms of gameplay mechanics and purpose used to disguise that it is actually a pretty cr*p game.

Of course I could be wrong and some how the guys who edited the 8 minute trailer for the game managed to fail to include any gameplay that actually looked fun, engaging, interesting or mildly entertaining!

Reclusive781 and serbicu like this.
  8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    As I suspected, the reviews seem to be very divisive so far. This game will probably appeal to the Sony diehards and Kojima worshippers who have too much time on their hands, whilst normal gamers and those that have limited time for gaming like myself will be bored out of their minds and irritated by the repetitive gameplay, high investment and lack of respect for a player's personal time.

I wouldn't buy this game for a single dollar, and I wouldn't play it if it were given to me free. The older I become, I less patience I have for B.S and time wasting.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    IGN - 6.8 nOt EnOuGh DeAtH

*edit*

*edit*

only watched the first 5 minutes..... even though it says spoiler free the moment he started explaining what the game is I was like ok that's enough I want to experience this myself xD

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    who gave it 3/10 ? that's some funny stuff :D

13. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Kojima makes crap games and his fans are stupid.

14. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    We thank you for your valuable input.

Now f*ck off.

Grimbarian, cerebus23 and drandiiski like this.
  15. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Kojima fans are idiots and none of his stories are top notch. His stories are nothing but verbal diarrhea that is full of plot holes, nonsensical progression and outright conflicting arcs. His stories and story telling is so crap that it only flies in a crappy story-telling medium like games. Kojima can take a dump, wrap it in paper and Kojimatards will gladly eat it for $100 calling it a commentary on modern commerce.

The Laughing Ma likes this.

16. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Show us on the Metal Gear where Kojima has touched you.

The Laughing Ma and cerebus23 like this.
  17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Let's refrain from posts like these please, no need to stir up any trouble.

While you're entitled to your opinion, this is not the place to insult people.

18. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Truly, Kojima is overrated by his fans and himself. I mean, how many credits do you have to give yourself? He's totally full of himself, but that's partially the media/fans fault for creating that.

The Laughing Ma likes this.
  19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    FedEx: The Game ?

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I assumed UPS (Pronounced "Oops" I suppose.) considering the pictures and showings of certain deliveries which this game certainly has one theory behind how that could ever have been allowed to happen.
    Will be interesting to see what the plots all about, guess it's gone from The Boss and Big Boss to Baby Boss. :D

"Now think of this package as a baby and be careful with it."

And the package summarily gets roundhouse kicked through the apartment window as the delivery guy imagined himself as a football pro that day, good thing it wasn't a dream about being a MMA champion.

Bit of a spin but there's plenty of package delivered on the roof, under the door, through a way too small slot and someone else picked it up and that was apparently good enough and who cares about signatures.
    (Internet preserves all so plenty of pics available.)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019