Geforce Game Ready Driver 441.08 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Okendor

Okendor Guest

GPU:
    2080ti FE
    Anyone else having a problem with apps like Skype or Discord with sharpening enabled through the control panel? When the application window is selected, a distortion (best way to describe it) starts to grow over the app, starting from text and edges.

nick0323 likes this.
  2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Not necessarily. You can do this:

1) Create custom resolutions at the % of scaling you want to use. This is for games that do NOT have Resolution Scaling in their in-game settings. For 2160p, I use 2880x1620 (75%) and 2688 x 1512 (70%).
    2) Create or edit the game profile in NVCP to enable Image Sharpening, and select your settings.
    3) In NVCP, go to "Adjust Desktop size and position" and change the scaler options to "Aspect Ratio" and "GPU" (instead of Monitor/Panel Scaler)
    4) In the game, select the desired resolution you want the game to run at. For example, I use 1512p for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

This setup will then upscale the game's output to 2160p and apply CAS Sharpening. This is a great solution for games that run great at 1440p and not so much at 2160p.

kurtextrem and bombardier like this.
  3. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    --- "Restore Defaults" option in the control panel currently does not revert the upscaling resolution.

So this was a rushed release then. Spooky! :O

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It is VERY useful when playing games at lower resolutions. 1080p on a 1440p display. Or 900p on a 1080p display.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Tested the new driver and reshadefeatures, but I get no latency setting in my controlpanel :( (It was there in a beta driver..). The Geforce experience overlay, causes a fairly big perf decrease, tested Far Cry 5 (60 vs 40 with GFE), (this game still crashes with normal reshade and SLI, same for New Dawn, and now also Far Cry 4 and Prey), so its isn't much use to me yet. Also the reshade feature crashes a lot. Luckily most games are allready set and are working nicely via normal reshade, but i neened this just for a few who refuse to work . Also the configuration is not really as flexible and not all latest shaders are working (ie magic bloom), but its a start.

6. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Well, you surely know that some scaling algorithms produce subjectively sharp looking image. For example, the Serious Engine behind The Talos Principle offers the Lanczos algo (among others). And nVidia supposedly had something like this (sharp looking upscaler) already with DLSS (well, at least for the RTX cards).
    I think I would personally prefer integer scaling for most games (but I don't have the option right now). That's sharp enough if you just sit somewhat further from the display (if you aren't far enough anyways). For movies, I try to keep it balanced (I usually pick Jinc in madVR). But I am mostly fine with either dialing down the quality settings or drop down to half resolution and let the TV's scaler blur the image down a bit (it's full of aliasing anyways). I often find sharpening even more bothersome than blurring (not like don't hate the blur, just...). But the HDMI 2.0 limits also play a role in my decisions (2160p60 or 1080p120).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  7. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I'm getting this but with my browser.

8. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    discovered a massive bug with these drivers.

using opera/ browser to view youtube in full screen or netfflix in full screen causes total corruption of your display,, only way to fix is to unplug display and put it back in
    also im using dual monitors so might be a bug assosiated with that but not sure..... issue did not happen in previous drivers.

9. ScottishPickle

ScottishPickle Member

GPU:
    8gb DDR3 1666
    Thanks! i am trying to get through the game before RD2 comes out.

10. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080Ti
    Same. The issue is, you can't enable GPU Scaling per app, only in the global profile, but doing it you get corruption of screen even putting the sharpening and the grain filter at 0 in global.

Also control panel is crashing every time I set any configuration. It applies the new options and crashes right away.

11. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Cool story, bro.

12. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Well, I have no issues. Scaling, Sharpening, Low latency mode all working well for me in titles that support them.

No problems with browsers, Skype, Discord etc.

I do however still have an issue with WH40k Inquisitor/martyr where the game doesnt show up in the Nv profles and cant be added no matter what...Plays fine tho../Shrug

13. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    few things:

1) The Outer Worlds is not supported? Is there a list somewhere? It worked with last driver if renaming to anselintegrationtestapp.exe. Alt-F3 says 'game not supported'
    2) Alt-F2 for screenshot still lets me apply freestyle filters to Outer Worlds, but only the normal Freestyle ones. All extra reshade shaders i added show up in the list but throw a compile error: "ACEF hash check fail"
    3) Why would they block a game that ReShade works fine in when manually installing DLL to the game folder?

Edit: looks like you need the Curated Reshade shaders - https://international-gfe.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/ReShadeFilters/v1.0/Curated_ReShade_Filters.zip
    I just realized SMAA, LumaSharpen, Technicolor, and DPX are all not in the Curated list, lol.

So The Outer Worlds is still showing not supported in game with Alt-F3, but is on the supported games list (there is a readme in that Curated filters zip that includes it), maybe there is a way to force it through Nvidia Profile Inspector?

Edit 2: The Surge 2 works... and it is Vulkan. It shows as supported and Alt-F3 works to bring up shaders. Only curated shaders work (still more than before, was already using Freestyle for this game)

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Integer scaling, as the name implies, can't be used for things like 720p or 900p to 1080, or 1080p to 1440p, or 1600p to 4K, etc. It only works for 540p to 1080p, 720p to 1440p and 1080p to 4K.

This sharpening option is a very nice addition to the driver.

Kolt likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats an old issue, its because your dispaly is >120hz, the drm used by these doesn't support high refresh rates.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Oh, so i can't just use the sharpen feature in old games from the late 90s and early 2000s?

17. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    How much input lag creates integer scaling btw and is it useful for other games too? (e.g. R6)

18. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    I have a problem in PES2020
    I can not open Game Filters ingame, it displays a windows saying "can not open filter, restart your game..." then goes away. I have the filter in Ansel folder.
    I DDU'ed before installing this driver (though I installed GFE separately after driver)

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So help me understand this fellow gurus:

To use that ultra low latency mode the best with Gsync displays... you set Vsync to on via control panel, then set Gsync to on via control panel (best, I guess, both fullscreen and windowed), and then activate low latency to the max of the setting? (Sorry for the wording, I have not yet installed this driver)

20. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    yes i can enable Free sync ad my TV it works :)
    Should i disable V sync now ?

Edit :
    It is not working lots of blackscreens in 3dmark and games :(

21. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    how is this driver working on windows 10 1909?