EA might be coming back to Steam

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It's a bit of a cryptic and weird Twitter post but t years after launching Origin, EA is about to return to Steam. EA tweeted a clip of a cup with steam coming out of it....

EA might be coming back to Steam

Thunk_It and TekkMarine like this.
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    EA is after dosh and dosh can be found on steam.

Keitosha likes this.
  3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Anthem coming to STEAM then! :D

Keitosha likes this.
  4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Afaik game is total trash. Or have they improved it?

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    They always come crawling back...

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I didn't even notice they weren't on Steam since I refuse to buy anything from those shitbags and literally don't remember when the last time I did was. Poisonous companies like that which are so predatory with their gambling BS designed to go after children should be broken up and heavily punished (as in prison time) by the government.

How does that even exist, every game these scumbags make is basically gambling for children. How has this been allowed to go on for so many years and how corrupt are US politicians that they do nothing about it?

7. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Not that EA is any good,but they absolutely should come back to Steam ASAP. Origin (beta) is a total disaster, very bad protection against account hackers, unstable and have pretty much expensive games...

Allowing it back to Steam might also give us access to games via Geforce Now in example.

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Not all hope is lost for the C&C 95 and Red Alert Remasters then.

rl66 likes this.
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    if it's for "legacy" game, then EA is still on GOG for that point... all without DRM (for mirror edge it is a delivrance as the origin version is trashed by it at each new version of windows).
    About C&C and red alert they are in giveaway nearly each years: i have a licence of both on all my computer (even at work lol), put an eye regulary on origin (i know the free section is hiden deep in the shop) and you have everything for getting it in HD in many forum.
    On other hand Origin have become everything that a download plateform shouldn't be (as bethesda too) it is slow, non EA game are more expensive than on other, and EA game are lot less atractive (exept Fe, and Unravel for me ;) ), all their AAA games have no more charism, only graphic... (i haven't found an interesting BF since years... and FIFA is a game with a balloon that don't have the right form and only 11 people on the grass: so i don't know)

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Depends what your expectations are. If you expect some kind of a 10/10 miracle game (which many do) then you'll be disappointed but if you expect some fun Iron Man fly n' gun gameplay, nice scenery, an average at best story and a half decent looter shooter for 20€, then you should have a great time with it.

I disagree that it's a 1/10 game or even 2 or 3, I'd give it a 4.5 since it's OK, nothing more, nothing less.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Does anyone know how much infomation one can obtain from Valve regarding the users who buy my product?

rl66 likes this.
  12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No point, you still need Origin, so you may as well just buy them on Origin, and only run their launcher, instead of their launcher, + the Steam launcher, DOUBLE DICKED DRM :D

airbud7, Embra, -Tj- and 3 others like this.
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I agree 100%. It's not like you'd get around installing and creating an origin account etc.

14. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Basically this, I don't care either way if EA places their games on Steam again. I learned back with Assassins Creed Brotherhood not to purchase Ubisoft games on Steam, cause I'd just give the game title two launchers to run through.

Might as well just purchase the game on the publisher launcher.

0blivious and fantaskarsef like this.
  15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

Yeah, for me it was Heroes of Might & Magic... 5 or 6 iirc

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Oh.....Joy.

17. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Bah, Origin is fine, Steam is fine, I'm ok using both, don't really want any others though - having to put up with Uplay for Far Cry but at least that is tagged onto launching it in Steam. Origin used to be a pain in the ass generally, but it's just as good as Steam now, maybe not quite as many sales though.

18. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Origin has matured to be a pretty good launcher and EA has released many great titles. Unfortunately they have gotten bad reputation because of their partner studios Bioware and DICE, which have made some bad decisions business wise and their latest games haven't been that great. I still must hand it to Anthem, that the combat is easily the best in any looter shooter game. DICE is unfortunately not the same as in the past, so their games are lacking in depth and Battlefiled V has that weird female gender agenda inserted.
    These studios are fortunate they have EA with them though, because EA has taken the PR hit for their failures, so they suffer the brand loss. Otherwise EA has released some great titles like Titanfall 2 in the recent years and all of their multiplayer games have open beta tests, so you can try them out for free! EA also releases great high quality sport titles.

I do not understand one bit why EA is hated. The only reason could be not bringing past titles back or not selling the rights of those to anyone. People who still complain about the lootbox thing in Battlefront 2 are pretty absent minded, because the whole case was clearly a miscommunication between different people, which resulted in the end the game having loot boxes like it was supposed to. Who cares though, the game wasn't that great back then and even today it is lacking, but happily for the players they have released much content post launch.
    EA is one of the best publishers out there and their upcoming Star Wars game looks pretty good (developed by Respawn Entertainment). I will most likely buy that game and play it through Origin of course. EA haters are most likely retarded people, who partly made me write this post. Do not hate, just chill out and enjoy your games, but be wary of releases that are over hyped and do not deliver. It is funny that the most loved studios by the general audience are the ones I certainly do not trust nor like their games that much, while the ones I like are often hated. It is often very difficult to understand the masses, so don't even try.

I have learned from all of this hate speech in the internet, that if large enough audience is very audible about something, they are usually wrong, have misunderstood something or they exaggerate the issue. It is important to create your own opinion and not follow these people.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  19. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    To ^clarify^ I know EA is hated by old timers, who knew them when they were just Electronic Arts for many, many reasons. We can start with all of the game franchises they've watered down and destroyed. Too many to list. Or the well documented mistreatment of employees. How about buying up small gaming companies simply to pillage them. There are so many reasons to dislike or outright despise EA. Pick one.

And I only dislike them. Some folks have a passionate hate for EA and I can't blame them.

20. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    My post was also to clarify that we don't completely know the picture of what happens between the publisher and developer. Sure, many game series have been watered down under EA, but who actually made the bad decisions, EA or the studio? We know that Bioware went bad after some key people left that studio, but EA gets all the blame. Same with DICE, the bigger the studio got, the worse the games got. People are seemingly unable to think outside the box, they just see the logo and blame that, but of course that's how any publishing deal works right, someone takes the responsibility. I'm just so tried of haters and when I think EA I think many games like Dead Space that was funded by them, so it can exist today. They have funded and made so many good games, just check on Wikipedia, but all I hear is this hate and whine, which is super annoying.