NVIDIA GeForce Experience to receive ReShade support

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Johannah, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Have you guys read this, seems pretty cool if its true:

"In case you haven’t used ReShade, or even heard about it, there are hundreds of videos available on YouTube showing a variety of user-made filters for this post-processing injector. The purpose of this tool is to enhance the viewing experience in many popular games by adding (often missing) features such as SMAA antialiasing, screen-space ambient occlusions, etc., or by adding vibrant colors to ‘faded’ titles.

It is hard to say how will this affect the popularity of the ReShade Project. It may depend on the implementation with NVIDIA software. NVIDIA only claims users will be able to “tap into hundreds of filters”, but not specify if they can be manually imported.

The new driver with ReShade support will be available next week during GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER launch. NVIDIA confirmed that ReShade filters will be supported through GeForce Experience using NVIDIA Freestyle and Ansel technologies"

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-to-add-reshade-filters-to-geforce-drivers

2. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I'd like to use it without geforce experience, I never installed it and I will never install it. I think it's a crap with all that telemetry

3. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Its ok it wont hurt you :p

Never used the game filter yet this looks interesting.

4. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    not interested if it requires geForce experience.

Its already forcing telemetry on folks in the driver (unless you clean install, remove ras .dll and not use container service).

Polite is an OPT IN choice for telemetry.
    Rude is an OPT OUT choice for telemetry
    Disrespectful and abusive is no OPT IN or OPT OUT, like Microsoft windows 10 and also Unity engine

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Shataan likes this.

5. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Why bother moaning about it if you don't use it.

Nvidia love :rolleyes:

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    If you have never installed it....how do you know its crap.

7. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    i don't know why people whine about this if they don't really use it, in my end is very useful and it's free, the hate probably is just the typical bandwagon hate mixed with idiotic conspiranoic schizophrenia that some people have.

For me the telemetry has never been an issue and i use windows 10 and no clean drivers, everything is working as intended with no problems and i thank nvidia for all the work it's doing.

Dagda and AuerX like this.
  8. Nvidia uses telepathy on people? :D ahahahaha

...the Faraday-cage crowd...

9. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Meh, whatever. I would've been more excited if they'd just added a damn switch or a config line or something to enable Freestyle in "unsupported" games.

10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I honestly think this won't change much at all. People that used reshade will use it still, with or without GFE. Those who never were tech affine enough to do so, probably don't ever open GFE as well.

11. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I hop they make it stickable now fop every game, otherwise it's no use.

12. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    If it needs Geforce Experience, I'll pass...

I hate Geforce Experience, not because of telemetry and stuff, but just because it's bloatware... Takes HDD space, takes RAM, and it's completely unnecessary for people who like to do their own tweaking on nVidia CP.

AntiSnipe and AQUILES like this.
  13. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Then this topic shouldn't interest you :eek:

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if only Unwinder would add reshade shader loading to rtss.

but he'd have to deal with more people that don't search :oops:

15. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    It's a little buggy.... like in GFE 3.20.0.118, The Outer Worlds is supported for Freestyle, but in GFE 3.20.1.57 (Enable Experimental) it is not supported.

But Freestyle+Reshade IS working in Vulkan! I tested Wolfenstein Youngblood and The Surge 2 and they both work. Normal Reshade still not working in those games.

16. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I think exactly the same thing.

sapo_joe and AntiSnipe like this.
  17. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I don't use reshade or sweetfx to often, I have used it in the past, decent but one problem, Ain't sweetfx/reshade only for dx9??? Correct me if I am wrong here, I know it was in the past.

Also, another downfall(I don't know about now), is that, if your using reshade/sweetfx, you can NOT use forced AA injection, like MSAA+SGSSAA, it will not work, can anyone confirm this that it is working now or is it not?

Again, I don't normally use it at all, very rare I do, but normally I don't.

18. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I like reshade in some games so thought I'd give this a try. Have not tried GFE for a few years, figured let's see if it has improved...

1. GFE required a login to work at all. This is BS to me. Great big deal breaker right off the bat.
    2. It is BLOATED as all f#@$ and ran like 9 extra 'services' (spyware and tracking) or whatever in task manager all using a fair amount of ram etc., even when not using/starting GFE.
    3. Warframe had a 'Play' button in GFE...clicking it...did nothing...of course.
    4. When running Warframe and trying to use the reshade stuff, it just pops up an error saying something like "An error occurred, relaunch the game to use this feature".

Conclusion: Gefarce Experience (typo intentional) is absolute trash...still. Bloated, broken, spying, resource/performance hogging garbage that fails to do anything I would want it to do. So I restored a backup image of my OS to cleanse the trash from my system and still feel like I need a shower.

sapo_joe and thisisus like this.
  19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I tried it too, I find standard reshade to much more smooth and versatile overall.

Sure, GFE has great options, but for a simple and personally tweaked visual effect, I find Reshade alone to be less bloated as Anti Snipe stated and more effective.

AntiSnipe likes this.
  20. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    ReShade interests me. GFE doesn't. Not too hard to understand, is it?