Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by JonasBeckman, Oct 24, 2019.

1. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    you have to revert to driver 19.7.5 or older for RVII... wattman is broken for our cards with anything newer then 19.7.5.. I just went through this myself

2. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Yeah it is!!! Also, instead of using the resolution scaling slider, change your real resolution and have Radeon image sharpening on and the picture will look much nicer. RIS didn’t do much when I ran the game at 1440p, but I dropped it to 1080p and the image sharpening became much more apparent and made the game look really nice. Also, I didn’t like the excessive noise in screen space reflections so I’ve turned them off completely and that resolves that. Looks like MW uses pretty good cube maps so SSR isn’t much of a necessity.

3. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Try 19.9.2 whql they work for me.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    On Navi GPU's it has black character models in the various menu screens, AMD overall has rendering issues particularly for terrain in The Outer Worlds when it comes to 19.10.2 though I assume using the 64-bit D3D11 .dll from 19.10.1 placed directly in the games exe file location (Well for the EGS version at least and being less protected.) might work around it until a newer driver comes out and fixes it in full. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/dmxstl/amd_the_outer_worlds_driver_is_bugged_check_for/

Could also be mainly for newer cards but it's been acknowledged by AMD and will be looked into so chances are the next driver out will see this little transition line and the character issue fixed.

Jackalito and patteSatan like this.

5. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Had a problem before(and with these/ones before) where I lost GPU audio on Win7/rx480(didn't even show it during install). Seems they sometimes "forget" some features(Chill issue another one). Since the videos look OK, I'll stick with current for now - 9.2 might break something more serious, going by some of the posts...)

6. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    Is this not like it was ages ago, when you had to extract a *.dll file, drop it in the games *.exe folder? I might be mistaken, but sounds an awful lot like in the glide-drivers years, aka voodoo 1&2?
    Sorry for being off topic, just gave me a rush remembering this kind of *.dll moving

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    This driver seems to break media playback while recording with relive, went back to 19.10.1 whql and no longer have that problem.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  8. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    That is weird, especially considering I have yet to see those issues on my Reference Vega 56 or my Asus Strix Vega 64. Straight up, what card and power supply do you have?

9. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I can’t use 75Hz and 30bit colors, video tearing since 19.4 driver and now fluid motion is gone. I really hope that they forgetting things because of big driver preparations.

10. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Anyone here playing borderlands 3? I have an odd issue: the game doesn't detect VSRed resolutions, its list of resolutions goes up to 1920x1080 and no further and this is the only game behaving like that. I am aware of in-game resolution scaling option but that's not what i'm asking about, i'm just curious why game doesn't detect and provide vsr resolutions and why it is the only game like this of all games i have installed.

For some time i thought it may be engine issue but the outer worlds (using same, ue4) detects VSR resolutions without issues.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Unless it's running it borderless it should work with higher display resolutions, if it's borderless (Or windowed.) then you need to first set the desktop resolution to the VSR res and then that should show up in-game too.

MaCk0y likes this.
  12. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Rocket League has the same issue. What I do if I want to play RL using VSR, is
    1. Change the desktop resolution to the resolution you want to play the game in,
    2. Load up the game, change the resolution and quit the game (or play if you wish :p)
    3. Change back the desktop resolution back to the normal one
    Now every time you start the game, the VSR resolution would be always available. Well at least it works for RL but not sure if it will for BL3.

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Sorry, i forgot to mention, it is in normal fullscreen where these resolutions should be available and in other games are available.

It is like that on this driver and on previous one, windows 10 x64 enterprise 1903 buid with all updates applied, game is a legitimate copy from egs as it was bundled with my cpu and gpu.

14. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Yes, thx for reminding me about this workaround. Years ago when VSR was just launched i was doing that in some games but nowadays didn't have to do it in long time so i forgot about it. And yes, this helped me, now vsr resolutions are available in game.

By the way i found an interesting thing in windows display settings: when i did set vsr resolution in properties it shows two separate resolution values: active signal resolution and desktop resolution, like this:
    https://imgur.com/7j8sb3t
    I didn't notice it ever before.

MaCk0y likes this.
  15. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Gears 3 for PC???

[​IMG]

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Gears of War Ultimate PC (IMO it's the Gears3)
    Then is Gears 4 (finished yesterday)
    Now im playing Gears 5.

17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Next week new driver :)

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Would be nice, so far with about a week of testing 19.10.2 has been almost up to 19.7.5 in terms of overall robustness with a infrequent black screen but recovery and just load the Wattman profile again and it works just fine.
    (Curiously doesn't report as losing the settings but they're defaulted when checking, per testing this does also happen on stock settings so not specific to just having settings modified.)

Considering the symptoms with a corrupted loading/spinner cursor icon, screen flicker, black screen and flashing I wonder if it's losing signal due to something with the scalar or vblank though it needs some more reading up on, testing on a newer display with native Display Port 1.3 or 1.4 would be interesting as would a 120+ Hz forcing a difference in behavior from higher refresh rates and how the later drivers work with these since it forces a different behavior like extra voltage and somewhat higher idle speeds.
    (This is a Dell from 2016 using DP1.2 and "10-bit" meaning actually 8-bit + FRC and then the newer 2017 model used native 10-bit but overall from reviews it seems like it's a bit worse.)

It's about time to hit 120 Hz anyway, not something this system can actually reach in terms of FPS though then again hitting 60 without dropping the ultra unoptimized settings down a bit isn't exactly feasible either. :p
    (EDIT: Meaning just drop the settings they're usually not quite worth it ha ha.)

It's not always like that but I still find it funny the GPU performance impact from volumetric clouds in Assassin's Creed Odyssey goes up to around 60% towering above earlier big impact settings like shadows or issues with too high draw distances.
    (Still a near 20% or so change just from V.High to Ultra with whatever it actually changes being near impossible to actually see although this last part isn't exactly uncommon for High to V.High and especially vaunted Ultra settings or other names for these.)

Bit extra voltage stabilized Outer Worlds though the game itself is very prone to just crashing but it's no longer taking DWM with it heh.
    (The Fallout 3 and New Vegas experience again I guess, well it can be patched assuming it's not a platform specific issue with the Win10 Store version. :p )

Media playback works too with the current limits and bugs here and of course the ongoing issue with lower settings clock speed scaling and particularly D3D9 overall and a few specific games where it either scales down almost to idle or just crashes even although Borderlands 3 is a odd recurring example although I do not own it myself and UE4 can be prone to not-quite-100% stable overclocks or undervolts both so that might be part of it.
    (Think Frostbite was also a common popular stability test far as game engines go, synthetic benchmarks are a good first impression but even stress tests shouldn't be considered granted for stability and reliance.)

19.11.1 could start seeing these remaining little issues fixed, though it's still up in the air for the regressions for Polaris and Vega and ongoing known issues and stability problems though also not a 100% thing affecting everyone so not sure what's going on here.

EDIT: Well in my case Vega worked until I had a moment of let's just start building the next system and slotted in the 5700XT around 19.9.1 other than the limitations with the fan curve that is more like a stepping and has reduced max temperature limits.

EDIT: Ah there's that cursor corruption issue, bit different but something in the drivers seeing how it (At least here.) only occurs past 19.7.5 whatever it could be.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/dp820q/since_i_have_my_rx_5700_xt_this_happens_with_my/

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  19. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I truly hope so, because I'm currently playing The Outer Worlds and there're some visual glitches. I know that I could roll back to a previous driver, but I don't wanna give up on the performance boost for this game.

20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    They've definitely improved performance on MW 2019. I lowered the resolution scaling a bit and I'm getting over 200 FPS now. That's an all time 1st. With RIS it looks just as good at default res.

But why doesn't Radeon Settings Game Explorere auto etect ModernWarfar.exe? I had to manually add it to Game Explorer.