Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2019.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The gameplay vid shown shows how.much work was put onto creating a very realistic soldier movement , that slow infiltration of the house reminds me a lot of tom clancy s rainbow 6 on the playstation, amazing stuff

2. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Nah.... I applaud these guys for trying to warn people because of what happened in the past to other, less structured games. But I don't buy it. I just don't.

How exactly will new "mini nuke" weapons that pop up in some online store, ready to play with now, fit into a game that's using real world guns?

I mean, how do you expect to hide the discrepancies when you have all the current weapons in the game that have been carefully balanced so that players don't have to gravitate to the exact same load out in order to compete... and then you introduce some exotic new AR with double the damage and half the recoil?

Wouldn't make sense. This isn't Fortnight or even BO4.

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Watching some of jackfrags live stream, it really looks good. I noticed that every couple levels you get "blueprints" for named weapons, which are just versions of the existing guns with 5 specific attachments. Nothing new.

And he didn't check, but I am pretty sure if you get a blueprint for a version of a gun you haven't unlocked yet, you can't use the blueprint.

That said, I heard somebody say these things were what Activision was going to get us with in the pay to win ... these "special variants". But, from what I see, they are nothing more than the current guns with the same stats and 5 attachments you may or may not want on your gun. Sounds like something I wouldn't even bother with after I unlocked that gun anyway.

4. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    There's also this other cool new thing... heh, I've just realized it... whenever you see an enemy on your screen, whether you actually see them or not, the game's audio system announces it as if it's a squad-wide radio feed. For example, jack was running through the caves on the Cave map, and you heard "enemies in the rug shop". He was like, I guess there are bad guys in that little building in the center. Which is so cool.

What I'm thinking is that's because all operatives are apparently wearing a camera, so there's an intel stream coming over thier headsets from somebody back at operations, or something. Nice little details.

5. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    It's live!

6. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Can't connect to servers yet.

Getting alot of static through my speakers. Anyone else have the same?

7. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Finally up and running. All i can say is..... WOW! Most impressed! Just did some Co op and MP. .... so far with some Buds. Very exciting and nothing feels cheap.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  8. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Anyone been able to connect?

9. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Finally got in and the SP is a stuttering mess max settings, even with latest drivers. Really bad during cutscenes.

10. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Got it to run also although the only stuttering i get is during cutscenes stutter.

11. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I have really bad static for any game sound... :(

12. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    My god this is a great game! loving it!

signex likes this.
  13. Bhaal

Bhaal Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I keep looking at those stone trees. The game looks good though, but those trees who dont move an inch... At the levels seem static somehow.

ramthegamer likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Are you using an XFI or sound driver that exposes the 5.x mode as Rear Left, Rear Right rather than Surround Left and Surround Right?

15. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    for the guys talking about stutter, it left for me after the shader patch was downloaded in game :)

16. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Hey guys,
    I installed the latest nvidia driver for this game
    And it forced install of nvidia experience...
    Ok. If it installed anyway I wanted to try nvidia highlights in this game but no files created after many matches. I see the highlights icon in game. So it is enabled. But no recordings.
    And nvidia experience games scan has zero results also.
    Don't know if it matter but nvidia experience and the game installed on different hard drives

Thanks for any help

17. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Game looks, runs and plays beautifully on PC. RTX shadows out of the box too. Going to take my time with the campaign then play some Spec-Ops co-op with a couple of buddies.

Shataan likes this.
  18. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Just had a 7.6 gig update.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Bought this game against better judgement to play with my brother... what a POS game...

ShadowDuke likes this.
  20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    launch day complete with idiots and morons screaming and hitting things hours on end world wide, what CoD launch isnt likes this? or every day the for those people that play these games.

I was greeted by my cousin yelling and and screaming and hitting crap this morning cause it launch he litter got up earlier when he dont even get up to after 3pm and at is after me tell him other day not do that crap. then again he didnt stop that crap when I told to stop hell and hitting things at 2am. He thinks that crap is cool and fine cause his father let him think that stuff is fine.

Mean while my room is right next his and my 65 year old aunt room is right above his.