Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by JonasBeckman, Oct 24, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Download:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-19-10-2driver-download.html

EDIT: Hello temporary internet loss, well at least it wasn't a multi-post failure resulting in a mass of 19.10.2 topics. :p

EDIT: And for profiles well Chernobylite, Outer Worlds (Steam, EGS and Win10 Store.) and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4

GameHaven66, Embra, Undying and 7 others like this.
  2. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Just installed and run time spy:
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/40433958?

Tomorrow i will check in borderlands 3, i hope it fixes blackscreens i was getting randomly in this game. Not a big issue but a bit irritating when happens.

For some reason borderlands 3 is the only game of all games i have installed which doesn't pick up VSRed resolutions so max resolution i have available is 1920x1080 while in others i can select up to 3840x2160. It was like that on previous driver and still is on this one.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  3. colorfuel

colorfuel Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    Still crashing my Vega64 after a few minutes idling in Windows. Back to 19.5.2 for me. *sigh* Its getting very annoying.

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah there seems to be a couple of things that AMD could fix for both Polaris and Vega plus the recurring listing for the memory problems on the Radeon VII, going to be reading up on how this driver works over the next day or two and then see how it works.

Good to see some more fixes and both Outer Worlds and Modern Warfare 4 support plus covering Chernobylite as well even though it's in early access.
    For the Navi situation the display corruption and black screen crashes on my end were only during idle periods so the high GPU load crash fix listing is curious as it's something I was unaware about entirely but good to see that fixed.

Jackalito likes this.

5. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    How i disable the radeonchill?
    In old days there exist in global now i cant find it.

BTW the registry is fixed.
    If anyone have fixed this registry alone with qword, naw he needs to delete the registry entry restart the machine and then install the new drivers.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.
  6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Radeon Chill may create an incorrect registry entry when enabled or disabled.
    Finally fixed

Some Radeon RX Vega and Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may intermittently experience a thread stuck crash or TDR when there is a high GPU load active.
    Anyone know about this one?

Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 may experience stutter on some system configurations.
    BO4 was in the known issues (19.10.1) but now it's not. But not mentioned in the fix :confused:

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    :D:cool::rolleyes:

Another release with UE4/3 Performance Uplift.
    Im installing now Gears 4 Ultimate....

Gears (1) Win10 Ultimate is finished :p (Perf. was good but not solid)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    well ChillEnabled is set to 1 is the default now.

9. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    They've finally acknowledged this one. Now, let's see how long it takes them to fix it.

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Known Issues
    The Outer Worlds may experience character models being rendered incorrectly on the inventory screen

Nice I cannot play the game. Time to enjoy it with my xboxonex. Shadow dark character is not my taste. I want my personal touch to my game's face. Why AMD bothered to release this driver only for performance? New low red.

Hypernaut likes this.

11. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    ChillEnabled should be 1 or 0 finally for it to be disabled?

12. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    AMD are you going to fix the crashes or what? You had a great year this year didn't you? I bet though if word got out your drivers would be this bad then you wouldn't have sold many 5700 series cards at all. I know I wouldn't have bought one. I'm that close, oh so close to RMA.

warlord likes this.
  13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    On listed fixed issues this looked promising:
    No improvement on your card?

Hypernaut likes this.
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The issues with crashes during high GPU load (Like gaming.) seems to be fixed with this going by Reddit having posts confirming Borderlands 3 and Fallout 4 aren't suffering from driver crashes anymore though the low activity (Like just being dle on the desktop.) issues aren't mentioned or listed at all under known issues although the low settings or low resolution issue and multi monitor issue are listed at least. (Though not the D3D9 regardless of settings API issue with erratic clock boosts.)

Other issues like the media playback problems also goes unlisted but might be less widely known and a few in earlier drivers were also silently fixed far as I can find, could be more of that too just not listed for whatever reason.

EDIT: Well it's not just that the issues are less widely known about but also that they affect fewer users or systems, overall though the driver situation with AMD and Navi in particular is improving although there's still some work to be done before it's completely fixed up.
    (And well as long as the earlier GPU models remain supported the issues that affect these would need to be fixed too so hopefully that can also happen sooner rather than later.)

Jackalito and AlleyViper like this.
  15. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Yes after I bought a Gold rated PSU. The monitor no signal bug and system crashes have stopped. The problem games just crash to desktop now. I feel frustrated that many of my games just crash to desktop not long after opening.

16. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    What games are giving you issues?

Had no issues with Doom and P.Cars so far...even 4K with VSR runs great. However, The Sinking City crashes/gives a black screen when trying to interact with the gun on the shelf at the very start of the game...

EDIT: Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Metro Exodus(had some multi-colored strings(?) during the "maul" at the beginning of the game) both run well.

17. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Sweet! Thank you.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Stable driver in few games i tried. Im gonna leave chill default to 1 as it seems to be disabled. No more registry edit after every install. :D

19. Adiurd

Adiurd Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Outer Worlds works very bad compared with Gears 5

20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Do you have the numbers (not trying to be "smart") as I would genuinely benefit from this, but until then, let the WHQL waiting game begin. :sweatsmiley:

Edit: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...-bios-tweaks-cont.426001/page-38#post-5723807 (though it may be game specific?)