Geforce Game Ready Driver 440.97 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000

2. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    I have low latency option on my old desktop and works fine but on my laptops one with DCH and second with standard driver is no low latency option too bad i must wait if they add the option in newer drivers.

3. Ancymon

Ancymon Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070

I can run the game by W of T launcher, i can run it directly by 32 bit exe from win32 folder, but 64 bit exe directly from win64 folder doesnt works (only one way for me to run 64 bit ver., i dont know how WGGC works, im dont using it). Tried clean install after DDU and still the same. Previous driver, 436.48, no problem. (Windows 7, 64)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    do you have GFE installed?

5. Ancymon

Ancymon Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    No. Im using 'slim' drivers (manually slimed, same as previous driver).

6. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    I am running slimmed drivers too so that's not the problem, just tried another round all good. I went back to 32 bit as the 64 bit exe crashed occasionally when exiting a game but that was on the last driver .
    When i start the 64 bit exe i do it from a desktop short cut i made also i am using wargaming.net game centre as i stuffed up the usual launcher trying to make the 64 bit run when it first came out maybe that's the difference, so i start the game centre then start the 64 bit exe manually

7. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master

Some of the things can be seen in the video since I have a nice Afterburner/Rivatuner setup with the graphics and cpu names and components under watch.

Setup:

CPU: 7980xe @4.8GHz cores and 3GHz mesh (uncore)
    Memory: 32GB G.Skill @3800CL15 or 4000CL16
    Graphics Card: Gainward 2080Ti @2130-8000 1.025v (fluctuating cos of temperatures)
    Monitor: Acer x34
    OS: Windows 10 x64 1909 version (October update 2019), game mode on, same for variable refresh rate.

Control Panel Setup:
    Standard except latency in ultra,texture filtering high performance, power management maximum performance for BFV (adaptive for general purposes) and threaded optimization enabled. Also no scaling.

BFV Ingame settings:
    DX11 3440x1440p ultra settings with future frame rendering enabled, gsync enabled and vertical sync disabled. Memory limit disabled.

The weird textures/reflections show up in the final minutes of the video when I'm following jerry22gao wallhacker&aimbotter.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  8. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I got smoke flickering in Assassins Creed Odyssey and Apex Legends - GTX 1080 TI

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Need more details

10. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I just uninstalled the driver and went back to the HF driver.
    But I will see if I can can't record a few videos to compare HF vs 440.97

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ok, so we have either an issue on windows 7 64 in this case, or its just something specific to your install of the driver/windows/updates? (i see people installing new drivers on 7 installs that didn't get updates since 2015 often....)

12. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    So after installing / uninstalling HF driver and back to using 440.97 again the issue in Apex is gone.
    But it still remains in Assassins Creed Odyssey. As you can see in the video there is a difference whether it's day or night.
    https://streamable.com/lfi5k

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-to-add-reshade-filters-to-geforce-drivers

So ReShade shader support(?) and a new driver next week for this feature and supporting the 1660 S then. :)

14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Driver works totally fine for me in all installed games.

15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Hm, Nvidia control panel doesn't start with these drivers for me when I clean install them (with DDU). It works fine if I install them over 436.51 (or any driver where the control panel works fine), however. I had that problem with some older driver, but not in a while. I've been using the Standard driver package.

I did notice some odd black artifacts appearing on the screen in WWE 2k19 with this driver. Going back to previous drivers gets rid of this problem.

On the bright side, these drivers appear to have fixed the Mortal Kombat 11 flicker/artifacting for me, thus it's the best driver for MK11 so far.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019

16. XPredator13

XPredator13 Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 1080ti
    I still have some weird artifacts playing apex...some orange, red really fast circles pops and dissapears, sometimes it take hours to manifest....using a poseidon 1080ti. I have zero issues on any other game...i was concerned it could be my gpu going bad, but it only happens on apex...anyone with such issues?

17. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
  18. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA

I can tell you right now, its probably your overclock on the 2080 ti thats causing that.. lower ur overclock and i bet it dissapears

Sajittarius likes this.
  19. DxVinxGado

DxVinxGado Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090 Ti
    Total nonsesnse, SLI is SLI, unless its mGPU with DX12/Vulkan. Outer Worlds runs fine on lower end hardware so the exclusion of SLI support for everything except FOUR cards which happen to be from the current generation nVidia is selling is borderline criminal. Again, @ManuelG care to chime in? Or just be absent like SLI support....unless you have Turing.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    If overhead on the sli bridge reduces the effectiveness of an sli profile to near zero, theres no point of supporting sli on the old card.

============

Is anyone experiencing freezes on Forza Motorsport 7 as of this driver.

Manuel wants some feedback (to see if its driver specific or if a game patch is involved i guess)