The Surge 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 6, 2019.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Hi everyone,

The Surge 2 has released this morning and we've spent the day reading reviews, watching streams and videos, and compiling your feedback on forums and social networks.

Thank you so much for playing the game and posting your feedback! As this sequel is strongly influenced by community reports from The Surge 1, we're delighted to hear that many of you are loving The Surge 2!

[​IMG]

We're aware that some of you encounter technical issues and a first patch is on its way to fix the most urgent problems. Please find below a quick overview of the fixes we're working on right now.

Our current priorities
    • Stutters and performance issues

While we we work on improving the performances, we advise you to activate adaptative v-sync and nvidia triple buffering. It should improve your framerate.
    • Investigate and fix various crashes at launch

Namely the crashes at launch with the messages "FLR" and "VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST".

We're going through logs from players as we speak to investigate the issue. If you encounter these specific errors, please do as follow:
    • Please download the settings.ini here
    • Put it here C:UsersXXXDocumentsThe Surge 2
    • Launch the game
    • Should crash
    • Go here: C:UsersXXXDocumentsThe Surge 2logs
    • Send the files to support@focus-home.com. It will be help us a lot!

The crash at launch "0XC0000005" is caused by the lack of drivers update. If you get this error, please update your GPU drivers.

We also strongly advise to check our technical FAQ if you're having any issue.

We hope to be able to share a first update in a Beta branch really soon to get your feedback about it.

Thanks for reading and talk to you soon,
    The Surge 2 Team

AsiJu likes this.
  2. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Small Updates/Patches
    Posted
    Wed, September 25, 2019 6:37 pm CEST by The Surge 2Community Update #2: Hotfix Beta Branch 25/09/19[​IMG]

Hello,

Thank you so much for all your feedback since the release yesterday. We are really hard at work addressing some recurring and urgent technical issues.

Today we invite you to try out the beta version of our next hotfix, including keybind and some potential performance fixes.

Change log

• Fixed an issue with Inventory keybind input
    • Potential stuttering fix
    • FLR Crash fix : file checker tool

For now, we advise you to try the following settings when you play The Surge 2:
    • V-Sync = off
    • FPS limit = 90
    • Anti-Aliasing = TAA or off

We hope this could fix your performance issues. Please give us your feedback on this.

Please keep us updated in the replies on the current performance state for you with this beta branch.

FLR Crash fix

Use the Windows file checker to repair corrupted files: file checker tool

How to access this beta branch?

• Go to your Steam Library.
    • Right click on The Surge 2 then choose “Properties”.
    • Go into the “Beta” tab and select “liveops_beta” in the drop down menu.
    • Download the new version and launch the game.

Before launching the beta branch, please make sure to back up your saves: D:SteamuserdataXXX644830remote

If you still have performance issues, please send an email to support@focus-home.com with a brief introduction of the issue, alongside your DxDiag and log file. This will help us identify the issue and find a fix.

How to find my log files?

• Go to C:UsersXXXDocumentsThe Surge 2logs and zip the folder
    • Send the files and the link to your Steam thread to support@focus-home.com

If you are still encountering the error message “0XC0000005”, please update your GPU drivers.

AMD owners: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
    • Please install the Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2 or higher

NVIDIA owners: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
    • Please install the 436.30 Game Ready Drivers or higher

If you encounter other technical issues, we advise you to read our technical FAQ. If the issue you’re experiencing still persists, please make a thread in technical support with as much detail as possible.

Thanks!

The Surge 2 Team

3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Good game but please fix the random crashings its very frustrating.

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Small Updates/Patches
    Posted
    Thu, September 26, 2019 6:15 pm CEST by The Surge 2Community Update#3: Hotfix Beta Branch 26/09/2019[​IMG]

Hello,

We’re very thankful for your feedback since release. We really appreciate it. As we mentioned yesterday, the team are hard at work addressing some recurring and urgent issues.

Thanks to your feedback, we can today update our beta branch “liveops_beta“ that should fix the FLR crash and improve the stuttering issue.

Please find the patch notes below.

System and Optimization

• Stuttering
      • We further improved the issue with stuttering that was caused by texture streaming. We still have an open issue with vsync, so to check if it’s better for you we suggest to set the vsync to OFF

• FLR Error Crash
      • Should you experience any more, please make a new thread in Technical Support with the error message, your DxDiag.txt as well as you logs (C:UsersXXXDocumentsThe Surge 2logs).

• GPU
      • In some rare cases the onboard GPU is set to GPU 0. The game will now check which of your GPUs is the dedicated one and use that instead. Potentially this could occur with every CPU that has an onboard GPU.

Known Issue

• If you reset your keybindings to default, Jump and Cycle Injectable will be unbound. This will be fixed in an official patch. In the meantime, please do not reset to default your keybindings.

As usual, please give any feedback you may have with this hotfix. If you encounter other technical issues or in-game bugs, please make a post on our official forums or Steam Technical Support, with as much detail as possible (dxdiag, game logs).

Thanks.

The Surge 2 Team

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well microstutering has been fixed on my end. i need to put vsync on adaptive though. but its smooth now.

6. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    No stuttering here but i added the exe to the exploit protection and disabled Control Flow Guard before I even started the game. The same as the DX12 stuttering fix.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Update
    Posted
    Fri, September 27, 2019 4:07 pm CEST by The Surge 2Update #1 is LIVE![​IMG]

Hello everyone!

Our first update is live! Thanks to reports from all of you, we have been able to identify and resolve a number of technical issues.

Also, we updated our beta branch liveops_beta (accessible through right clicking on Surge 2 in your library> Properties > Betas) with an even more updated build with further fixes.

We will continue to work hard to improve everyone's experience in The Surge 2!

Change Log Main Branch

• Stuttering fix
    • Rendering crash fix (launch crash)
    • Works on Win7 (xinput1_4.dll added to depot)
    • In some rare cases the onboard GPU would set to GPU 0. The game will now check which of your GPUs is the dedicated one and use that instead.
    • Fixed an issue with Inventory keybind input

Change Log Beta branch: liveops_beta

• All the above fixes
    • Hawkes Audiolog no longer causes a crash
    • Finishing the body of a nano beast in T0 PC and T7 will no longer cause a crash
    • Implants show correctly at core power 100+

If you are still experiencing stuttering, we are interested to know if it’s in specific areas or if it can happen anywhere.

If you are experiencing general performance issues (not only stuttering, but abnormally low framerate), we are interested in getting some more details (dxdiag and logs).

We are still working on a solution for the visual issues some of you are experiencing, as well as the other crashes.

As usual, if you encounter any other technical issues or bugs, please make a post on our official forums or Steam Technical Support, with as much detail as possible (dxdiag, game logs).

Thanks.

The Surge 2 Team

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Hotfix Beta Branch 01/10/2019
    Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continuous feedback on the game since release, we really appreciate it.
    Today we released an update to our hotfix beta branch “liveops_beta” that addresses some graphical issues, such as brightness slider and texture streaming.

Please find the change log below.

Change log
    • Adjusted in-game brightness slider. You should see more difference when editing your brightness gauge than before.
    • Added an option that allows you to completely disable the texture streaming.

To access this beta branch:
    • Go to Steam Library
    • Right click on The Surge 2 > Properties
    • Go to the beta tab and choose “liveops_beta”.
    • Install the update and run the game.
    Make sure to back up your save files before switching to the beta branch.

As usual, please give us any feedback you may have with this hotfix. If you encounter other technical issues or in-game bugs, please make a thread on our official forums[forums.focus-home.com] or Steam Technical Support, with as much detail as possible (DxDiag, game logs).

Thanks.

The Surge 2 Team

9. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    The optimization of this game is even worse than that of the previous game, that is, I love the game but it is impossible to play decently.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes very true! It looked good when it launched releasing fixes every day, but there hasnt been a fix in weeks. They should have released a patch yesterday, but i guess they found some more bugs.
    I have no sympathy for games released in this state, it should not have been released at all TBH. Especially since the problems are on all platforms the game is released.

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well...nowadays is better to wait before a game is properly patched unfortunatelly , then also buy it at a better price :) Glad I did not cave in!

12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    It's a bit disheartening to hear that the game has technical issues. I'm trying to finish the first one, but I'll probably get Sekiro after it, and leave Surge 2 for later.

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I didnt encounter big problems or problems at all and played the game at release and even NG+ until 50%. Maybe im more used to games run a bit wonky. :D i played the game until the 1st patch came out but that wasnt fixing anything for me (stutter, fps drops).

14. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    I am in the forested part and at times my performance drops below 30 fps, I had never experienced such a disastrous performance in any game since I acquired my asus 1080 gtx card, I think it is one of the worst optimized games I've seen in all the year makes me angry because it is a great game but it is intolerable that games come out in this state and the developers go unpunished.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    From what i saw runs pretty great on comparable Vega cards. Pascal gpus and Vulkan api are not the best friends.

16. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    This has nothing to do with the Vulkan api, this is a problem of the game itself, I have previously played Wolfenstein the New Colossus and Young Blood and the performance has been perfect throughout the game with Uber settings.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You are right at some point, game has its own issues but you cant ignore that nvidia cards does not perform that well here.

Vega64 is faster than 1080ti in this game.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Probably due to bad coding of the devs. i wouldnt rely on any results this time. I also have my doubts if they can ever fix this mess.

-edit-
    Seems there is a new patch out in the beta branch. 1.3 GB
    Vsync works, and the game is a lot smoother. there are still some tiny hitches, but its really small compared to before.
    gpu is also at 99% now instead of lower.
    i am unable to enable texture streaming though and TAA is broken , so guess there will be more patches lol.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well forward progress is progress dat pessimism yo.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    The game should never have been released in the state it was. This is not early access here.