Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Sure, I get you. I think that some sort of respawn in open world RPGs is needed, though, or the world will become barren and empty. It has to be done within reason, though (see Gothic 3 before and after community patch 1.7).

2. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    I prefer a barren and empty world to be honest maybe because i'm an older gamer. I also don't feel the need to play a game any longer than necessary and i don't need artificial extended gameplay.
    Maybe when respawning was natural with a realistic ecology i would enjoy it but most games for example have more predators than passive wildlife.

3. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    That's actually what the community did with Gothic 3! The re-spawn only influences wolves and some herbivores.

4. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Is that part of the Enhanced Edition?

5. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    In the Discovery Tour it looks like you can't turn off all the HUD features. Anyone notice that?

They removed the HUD preset in Discovery. That's fine but some of the individual HUD options in Discovery don't work no matter what you've selected in the main game options.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  6. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Yes, it is.

7. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    EDIT: Well all in all so far. Now I got everything sorted.
    A great game. :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2199636-Assassin’s-Creed®-Odyssey-–-1-5-3-Patch-Notes-amp-Sneak-Peek

1.5.3 came out, wasn't expecting to hear about more patches for the game but they fixed a few bugs and added the Ezio armor into the games premium shop.

EDIT: Well it is also possible to use the ore and events to in due time grab the remaining items that way.

Got about half of the items that existed when I wrapped the game up so it could be done but it'd take a really long time and a large amount of work plus the number of legendary type items from the store and not just random in-game items isn't as high as the initial rewards were.

RNG and all but from one every third urn to one almost every tenth yeah it's probably slightly modified since the game came out though it could have changed further either more restrictive or maybe weighted for certain items.
    (A lot of that due to players being able to get multiples in Origins but Odyssey doesn't do duplicates and registers the gear as acquired so it'll always be there.)

Anyways that aside though the Ezio armor continues on it's quest to be I think the most returning outfit in the entire series. :D

That and the various takes on the titular music are quite iconic though so not surprising I guess, Altairs while nice is a bit more plain but that was sorta the point whereas Ezios really stand out.
    Kinda, much as a heavily armed peaceful monk would but heh the roads are pretty dangerous and the speed limit of The Old Kingdom was very much enforced far as I remember.
    (Oh well the kinks can be worked out if they ever do a re-release of the very first game at some point.)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Solfaur and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  9. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Finally an excuse to play this again ;)

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I couldn t play this game for more than 40 hrs, this levelling up thing which u are forced to,to make u beat and finish bosses was way too much for me, it s a great game but needs 150 hrs or more

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah there's a few areas the game will direct you towards that do have a higher minimum level and then back and forth plus with the level cap raised from 50 to 70 and then 99 plus the infinite leveling after that for very minor gradual boosts if you do the side content the game will keep scaling up requiring stronger weapons and armor and a bit of grind to either find new stuff or upgrade things like existing legendary or other good gear with what must be a record amount of wood, metal, shiny rocks and animal asses per gear piece. :p

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TwentyBearAsses

Questacles! :p
    (Though to the games credit the big fetch ones are mostly the randomized or online content with the challenges and the Hermes statue stuff.)

Raising the level cap twice would also shift how things scale and how much you'd have to grind although the main quest itself I think caps out a bit around the 50'th level before it starts scaling up to higher.
    Far as I know the scaling can also only be influenced and not disabled so it's +- 0,1 ,2 or 3 levels or something to that nature together with the difficulty level for overall Spongy Spartan HP buffing for enemies. :p
    (Although I find the triple arrow Athenian marksmen more dangerous though the big-boy Spartan heavies can certainly take a few hits.)

Some trekking too even after the initial sailing around everywhere getting at least one fast travel beacon / object on each of the islands and a couple of bosses when the regular enemies weren't quite tanky enough hah.
    The game has it's good points but I don't know if I'll replay it anytime soon it's pretty close up there as a 100 hour time spender and trying to rush the content either hits a level gate eventually where the scaling is too high so players just take nearly 1-hit kill damage (At a five level difference I think that's when this kicks in.) while having to trick or exploit the AI to do chip damage if anything so some side questing or grinding is needed to at least match the level of the final few zones as the game will eventually direct players to these for another series of chain quests and events in these stories that make up the full main journey or quest itself.

Basically the game does take a lot of time which can be fun and good but not everyone can invest that amount of time and Origins was already a pretty lengthy game too.
    (Picking that up later or after it got done patching and going from that to Odyssey here would probably be a bit tough too.)

ramthegamer likes this.
  12. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    How do i get the Ezio outfit? Can't find anything

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Think you have to buy it from the store or get lucky with Orichalcum? Not sure though, I'm done with the game after ~230 hours /played. I chose to ignore most of the premium outfits/weapons/mounts as I liked Amazon outfit the best on my Kassandra anyway, as it reminded me a lot of my childhood hero Xena. :p

cerebus23 and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I think it works similar to Origins so it's weighted for a while and you have a heightened chance to get it when trading 20 stones = 1 urn of RNG occasionally the fixed items might also be Ezio related but it's rarely the whole set and it takes time for the gear pieces to cycle around.

Got a ton of that darker armor in Origins from the camel caravan child, son of RNG but at least in that game it was possible to *whoops* and lock money to a very high value whereas Ubisoft (Unsurprisingly.) made the ore value server side in this game so it's no longer possible to do things that easily along with other server side enhancements and trying to mitigate exploits.

EDIT: You will still get a lot of junk though and the occasional Stone-potted Sailor or Houseplant Horse because those urns sure are roomy.
    (Tons of purple random thingies of even more RNG, kinda liked the fixed system of stats better in Origins in that regard.)

EDIT: Guess they're something like wine pitchers thinking of it, maybe not pitchers of planting.
    (Well it's not a crate of some kind at least.)

DocStr4ngelove, Solfaur and jura11 like this.
  15. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti

16. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Guys, we get the EZIO set just for playing this weekend as a gift!

So yeah, no challenge or anything, just play the game. Bit sad, but hey i'm not complaining.

Values in this video:

cerebus23 and JonasBeckman like this.
  17. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Hi guys,

How the hell do you activate rage mode on PC? I forgot what button and nothing mentioned in the bindings. Thanks!

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Rage mode? You mean the ability you can unlock and use? There's a skill you can buy that allows you to do X more damage for X amount of seconds and avoid death, but you have to get the talent and assign it to one of the 1-4 key buttons. Look in the ability screen and make sure you have it unlocked and assigned to a button.

Great game btw. Looking for all the cultists to wipe out is great and gives a lot of purpose to the world and exploration.

19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    AH ok thanks

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    probably the best game in the franchise but way too long, maybe people can invest 100 hours and more during quarantine, but on a normal day i don t think i would be able to take this much time grinding and levelling up...