Intel reserved $ 3 billion in 2019 to competitively block AMD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    See my edit. Your post had not shown on my end befor I hit post.

yasamoka, airbud7 and vbetts like this.
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    LMFAO!....y'all's post were merely seconds apart...

yasamoka and Loophole35 like this.
  3. :D that had me in stitches...

yasamoka and airbud7 like this.
  4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I swear I spit coffee on my screen laughing so hard....:D

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You're all just a bunch of dinguses :p

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Another old adage comes to mind.... "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer"..... And that was quite a stupid question. However, I'm not in the mood for stupid answers at the moment....

No, I don't research what GHz or IPC is. However, 21 years ago....before I started building computers, I spent a lot of my free time learning about computer hardware and software. I took multiple computer programming classes. I also took an "introduction to computer hardware" class. After High School, I had a job as a consultant for a local company, as well as a job doing remote support and system configuration. These days, prior to buying a new processor or graphics card, I simply find relevant reviews to see if the gains are favorable. If not, I don't upgrade. If I'm buying a monitor, I do the same. I seek out reviews of any monitor I'm interested in. Most reviewers are competent enough to include a complete list of features. I then find a local retailer that has the monitor in stock and visit said retailer to see if the desired monitor is on display to get an idea of the picture quality, color saturation, etc. If I'm still interested, I start reading reviews of said monitor. From start to finish, it can take upwards of 90 days for me to decide to buy a monitor, graphics card or processor.

If you think researching a product before buying it is "bogus"...we know where you stand in the previously mentioned adage....

As for the other topic, it was discussed at length on this very forum and even mentioned in press releases from AMD themselves.

The key word there being "allegedly".

Since this thread is concerning Intel...and accusations made against them....of course Intel would be fair game. I'd even go so far as to say that AMD would be fair game here as well, since the accusations against Intel concern AMD as well. My issue in this instance is that NVidia has nothing to do with what Intel is being accused of. I'm not even sure Intel actually has anything to do with it considering their supply issues.

The more I read on Intel's supply issues, the more I wonder how plausible the accusations could even be. Intel is already struggling to meet the current demands. Any type of discount, rebate, incentive, etc would only exacerbate the supply issues. In the long run, that doesn't work out well for Intel unless they can ramp production of 10nm processors to exceed current 14nm production limits. Given how Intel has struggled to even produce 10nm processors, I don't see that happening. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Also, why would such a plan be leaked to a "reviewer" that supposedly shills for AMD? Makes even less sense.

Until a more reputable site can confirm the accusations, which I haven't seen yet, I'm stuck on "allegedly".

I think auto-correct struck again.....

airbud7 and Loophole35 like this.
  7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You know you love us.

vbetts, yasamoka and airbud7 like this.
  8. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    They can pay me 1 Billion and I will kick anyones ass I see using Amd hahaha. I wish lol. Intel is one Sneaky company wow.

9. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080

Ok, my latest visit to this forum is when i just got up and trying to increase the caffeine concentration in my blood so i can wake up. And its about fanboyism. One of your first replies to me stated it wasnt about fanoyism, but fact. I was sure you stated similar respons one more time when i tried to explain its not about that and stop focusing on that. Im trying to tell you its has nothing to do with fanboysm, several times now. If its is about fanboysm, my premise is correct. I just tough you denied it. And it had nothing to do with that..
    And its still my point is that it has nothing to do with fanboyism, and you should stop focusing on that.. So im trying to tell you its about practices, and in this case is this nvidia latest "shady" move.
    If its about fanboysm, like i assumed, than there is no point trying to make you see its about if this is a good practice, can it turn bad, and is it on the shady side of things. Or, its all nice and dandy, so screaming hate, crybabies, amd chill is valid points that destroy the basis of looking at this from a more skeptical view...
    Btw, im here with my coffe.

10. svan71

svan71 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Ryzen 3000 APUs