Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i do agree i never felt immersed in farcry 5 add to that the absolutely atrocious looking game with those AA implementations

2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Il say it again, if you haven't played Primal and are put off by the lack of guns and trucks then fear not. The level of planning required to achieve objectives is refreshing.

ramthegamer likes this.
  3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Primal definitely ended up being a nice surprise. The previews had left me highly sceptical, but the full game was a nice surprise. They should have expanded the melee combat, though. It's even more primitiva than Skyrim, and that's saying something (especially since melee is what you'll be doing a lot).

cerebus23 and ramthegamer like this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Primal is my favorite. :)

And, in reply to above, I love the first FarCry... but, other then it's visuals, it's not that revolutionary of a game. It's still a linear, shooter. With a very, very weak idea of "stealth options", enemy AI that is horribly broken. And an awful checkpoint system.
    A great game, and I've played the hell out of it... but it didn't really "do" anything new.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Agreed. Had troubles to play through more than 30% of the 'story'. There's just too much chaos and forced cutscenes and other things you can't really explain. (Illusions of a girl wandering by, then changes into a mountain lion which then kills you :p )

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    For me the single biggest annoyance is the gun run mini game, whilst im playing the game at its hardest level (unlocked once its been completed), the cut scene subgames are just to unforgiving and unbalanced.

Taking the enemy building is fun, some take a little strategic planning but many just require sitting back with a .50 cal and taking out the snipers, mortar teams then closing for a little CQB.

The only saving grace is i picked up the the FC games for next to nothing during Steam Sales.

7. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    That must be the consul version because mine doesnt show numbers when i shoot people.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    when u say CQB, u remind me of the weapons in BF4, Ace 21 cqb

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    are u talking about farcry 5 ?

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Ha ha ha, Close Quarter Battle.

ramthegamer likes this.
  12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    yup

ramthegamer likes this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nah, FC2.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Always found it funny that some try to say FC3 and forward are just boring because you do the same thing over and over in the games.

Yet... say FC2 is the best.
    Even though all you do in the game is the exact same thing over and over.
    ;)

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    why it more down to settings which you enjoy more on top the story/characters.

because you go around do light survival and shoot stuff for 30 to 80 hours. the mecahics have been tweaked but not changed much.

and what do you do with it? get pro writers? make an amazing story? sure take money and talet and work things the industry does not seem interested in when they can do the lest amount of work reskin something and sell it.

and it when these games feel like lazy reskins people start to drift?

well they got a swamp biome to explore yet. but the formula is there and yea some of us have done in 2 different far crys or more it wearing thin though.

but whats the way you go with it? you make it more over the top a first person just cause or something or you go more role play sim and up the survial elements and make the gunplay and etc more "pro." could open the games to modding? could hire talent to make better games. all things they could do to shift the franchise in an interesting direction.

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Each one of the series has its annoyances, FC2 for me was the malaria and the constantly respawning enemies. with FC5 it was the annoying forced cut scenes and pointless mini games.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Malaria kills it.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i can very surely say that FC3 and farcry primal are the best in the series hands down

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Primal felt like a dlc not a full hame. They removed guns, cars, helicopters and replaced it with spears, bows and rocks, lovely. You know whats fun about 10k bc? Nothing.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Agreed. Because of the bloody outposts and patrol respawn i constantly traveled on foot or by boat and suddenly it became a far better game for me.
    Cleared most locations with the silenced pistol - which is so accurate you can actually snipe with it if you draw a point in the middle of your screen. ;)

My only gripe with FC2 is that your mission givers all talk too fast, they all sound like robots.