The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    IM enjoying this new changes but i didnt spend any time farming for a gear for ages, i can see why some people are annoyed with these changes!

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    is this the stress of managing a pve game vs a pvp game?

or like most games they even out gear/state in pvp areas? if so why not let people have insane damage builds to farm pve grind garbage with? and when when you flag pvp you get scaled.

3. Definitely, at least some of the changes. Other changes come from a whiny ppl in raids and other coop. Like that seeker mine nerf... adding 20s to cooldown time etc... People were whining in so many threads until they nerfed it.

Another big issue for many ppl will be the skill battery nerf. That is a huge game changer for players who used them. Luckily, I did not and at this point I'm deconstructing them instantly, they are worthless :)

Overall I'm kinda loosing interest. Builds are beginning to feel bland. At least they improved the GUI. It's still not perfect but kudos for this...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2019
  4. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I'm liking TU6. It is fun! Especially with the new named gears, and targeted loot, fun to hunt them down. Plus, creating new build from scratch I suppose, kinda fun? As I was pretty meta on TU5, now with the new changes, I'm re-exploring new possibilities with new talents, set up, etc... It is like playing the game for the first time again. Great update.

ps., I'm one of those that actually use skill battery. The nerf hurt, but nothing too bad. If any, I think it make it more balance and fun. I didn't mind the nerf, just make a few readjustment, all good again, not overpowered like TU5 where I killed everything, now other player can kill too, fun and balance play. :)

5. Sure it isn't too bad... unless you are a stats whore... like me. The same goes with cooldowns. In the endgame, reducing skill cooldown by just 1 second takes a lot of time. Then they just decided and voila, increased by 50% from 40s to 60s. That made me really angry, considering how much time I invested to reduce it.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Did TU6 introduce roaming Elites / mini bosses too?

Never saw them out in the open before but every now and then I get rushed by some Elite enemy.
    Just runs straight towards me. Don't know what would happen if he got close, I've managed to kill that thing before that has happened so far.

Also ran into my first Anomalous mission (agent Brooks support). Creepy...
    I guess you weren't supposed to win that fight, yet.

Game keeps introducing new stuff which is nice. Div. 1 while good was more repetitive.

Mission design in Div. 2 is much better, more variation and settings are cool.

Yes and no, and yes :)

Balancing PvE / PvP is the challenge but these nerfs / changes were about PvE more I think, trying to prevent making things too easy.

Also Div. 2 uses normalized stats for PvP though I'm not familiar with how it works with Talents etc. as I don't play PvP.

So in that regard it could be possible to have "broken" PvE builds without breaking PvP.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  7. This happened to me as well. But at this point I'm not sure if it is a bug or intentional feature :)

AsiJu likes this.
  8. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I've ended up buying the Division 2 after the free weekend i've just played and i really enjoyed it alot to be truthful, i did buy the first one as well but didn't really get into it .

Kono and warlord like this.
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I own both division games, both gold and ultimate, in xboxonex and pc. It is a beautiful game. But the difference between pc version and console graphics is hilarious. :D:eek:

Singleton99 likes this.
  10. I dunno for me the biggest improvements in TU6 are:

1. GUI improvements
    2. Stash size 150 -> 300
    3. Fixed brightness / tone mapping

Downsides... broken builds, increased cooldowns on seekers, terrible loot lately and a LOT of new bugs.

Welcome to the Division :)

Singleton99 likes this.

11. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Welcome to the club! TU6 is a great update. I'm 650hrs in when TU6 dropped last week, I feel like I'm playing the game for the first time on Day 1 all over again. Great fun game, lots of fun loots, and seem like many different builds are possible now. New life goal, get my inventory filled with named items only. hahha..

Singleton99 likes this.
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah found a few named SMG's so far and accidentally dismantled a loot pile which then the "Targeted loot" text changed to Eno's Big Stick or something like that for a rifle so oops, also found a named body armor piece Alps Summit but it had something like 7 reds for increasing explosive damage which I lacked plus the common with explosives and currently using the technician is that since the rockets go up and then out it generally kills my own character because said rockets go up ... and hit the drone hovering just above. :p

Aiming this thing in interiors is also next to impossible and the AI going BRRRPP and just sprinting around corners at 200% speed via the power of bad gas or something makes this thing unreliable due to poor tracking but when it hits it can even de-armor a heavy unlike the grenade launcher where it takes almost the entire 6 shots to break one or two pieces. (Does well on normal elites though due to the damage to elites on masks funnily enough making purples the tougher opponent to fight though these lack the extra abilities so they're just a bit more durable though less bothersome overall. :D )

EDIT: Still trying to do the second tier of the technician unlocks too but the boss of that area needs to have his RC toy car broken first and for the three first attempts the annoying dude keeps trying to run up and punch me usually ending with the turret and drone combo totally destroying the guy if they're not toggled off first and just running in a circle if they are because the boss is slap happy.
    (To be fair though enemy melee damage is ridiculously high to dissuade rushing them but it looks pretty silly and your own characters melee damage is barely worth even using especially on higher difficulty tiers and mission re-runs.)

EDIT: It's kinda funny seeing even the diseased outcasts able to sprint like they're elite athletes though including Hammer-Time boy even if he has to stop and wind up a bit after every swing but short distances he's real fast for that size and weight ha ha. (And here comes server lag and unreliable hitboxes! :p )

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Btw @haste about Compensated talent, saw that nerf in patch notes later too.

That one I don't get, if you could previously stack up to 90 % then why nerf the individual bonus to 10 % too?

Most gear talents were buffed after all, as makes sense to compensate (haha!) for the loss of stacks.

And as CHC mustn't be over 20 % that I assume automatically rules SMGs out in the endgame. Guessing lvl 30+ SMGs roll 20+ CHC from the get go based on Div. 1 (IIRC WT5 SMGs had about 23 % base CHC).

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Can someone comprehensively explain how stat/attribute caps work in recalibration?

I see you get capped by max recal. score but I've had lower value capping on higher level gear which to me is counter intuitive.

Like if trying to transfer +200 skill power and on lvl 24 item the value gets capped lower than on lvl 22 item.

All in all not sure if I like this system better than Div. 1's. The idea seems neat but there's even more RNG involved if you want to minmax ie. find a piece with the maxed stat you want (and hope it doesn't cap out).

With Div. 1 you could just keep rolling until you get the stat you want.
    Granted this new system seems to allow moving any stat between items but as you still must use item of same type as source the stat pool is essentially the same as in Div. 1 (certain items may roll certain stats, with some overlaps).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Another question: aren't Generic Mods supposed to fit in all gear mod slots (Offensive, Defensive, Utility)?

Asking because it seems this isn't always true, I wasn't able to slot Generic mods into an Utility slot of a High-End backpack once. For example.

So not sure if bug or I'm missing something...

Also this mod in question slotted just fine into Utility slot of previous backpack (Superior and different brand set if that matters).
    I made sure the new item had the exact same mod slots before switching.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  16. @AsiJu

The Division 2 - Title Update 4
    • Generic Protocol Mod and Generic System Mod can no longer be equipped in High-End, Gear Set and Exotic items.
      • You will still be able to equip them in lower quality items.

• All other mods can be equipped in slots matching their type (Offense, Defense, Utility).
    Developer comment: Generic mods could be stacked in unhealthy ways and the gear mod eco system has not been in a place we are happy with and it had led to some unwanted behavior such as low-level farming for generic mods.

IMHO another stupid nerf.

DocStrangelove and AsiJu like this.
  17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thanks a lot, that explains it. Guess I need to skim through patch notes of previous TUs as well.

Yeah kind of defies the point of generic mods then as they will become ultimately useless.

Well I'll start scrapping them then, just reached lvl 30 and have just two Superior pieces anymore with rest being High End.

Btw gear leveling works quite funnily too now as I've yet to complete two Stronghold missions ie haven't "unlocked" endgame yet.

So I'm getting lvl 30 items without gear score but crafting bench already states bench power max. 251.

IIRC Division 1 switched immediately to gear scores once you hit lvl 30.
    Because I remember having a loadout with a gear score of 0, heh.

18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Another proof Massive doesnt know what they want with Div2, even after they brought Div1 back to life with community member feedback and support. You'd think they paid close attention and learned their lessons the 1st time they screwed up.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Changed a bit in TU6 again with some types no longer actively dropping but yeah they changed several positively received and working systems from the first game that players have been very vocal about and that Massive in response have basically either worked around or made some kinda messy workarounds for or changing it up like how the skill requirements for mods increase drastically but the overlap can still see a lower gear mod just be overall better and then the battery system but then TU6 also nerfed the amount added by these "battery" mod additions but introduced the Technician specialization with a eventual tech tree unlock for a 50% extra skill power.

Loot targeting is still quite a RNG but at least you can now get a rotating means of gathering X type of item or item brand for armor plus these do cover for exotics as well although with a very low drop chance.
    Adjustments to gear sets and the unique bonuses and changing all existing builds yet again.

Will be interesting to see what TU7 does, next up is a smaller patch and server side maintenance fixing the "Perk available." prompt for dark zone unlocks despite there not being any and the recurring invasion cinematic / map pan which since that's unskippable opening the map screen and having to wait for that to play out can be really irritating or downright unhealthy during an active encounter so a toggle to disable the animation would be welcome but has been suggested since invasions were a thing far as I recall. :p

Still one more piece of content for Year 1 and seeing what that does and the second raid for early next year I think it was tentatively planned for though at almost 200 hours now I got quite a bit out of the game though if things go well Massive might move on to content additions for Year 2 as well instead of smaller patches or events, shame Central Park was never extended into for the first game on that note.

Well guess they'll have something to announce once this third and final for year one piece of content is out whether that's part of TU7 and a bit of a longer wait until the next substantial update or for TU8 whatever is next, maybe next weeks State of the Game will have some detail.
    (Last week didn't really have one just that they were busy working on the next update and the upcoming server maintenance and smaller patch which might just be another mini download again.)

Oh yeah there's probably some Tactical Santa Suit or something for the next event of apparel items that will probably be a mix of neat and weird again, last one wasn't bad but wearing grampas service outfits and some never-ever-washed space suit from who knows where well once again a bit mixed but eh some people liked it, got a nice leather jacket at least but the NVG's look kinda goofy and the later festival masks as of TU6 are downright ridiculous.

Santa's being more expedient this time, lead instead of coal!
    [​IMG]

EDIT: The regular rifles are still a bit meh though but then again assault rifles are by nature a bit of a jack of all and the game works on DPS mostly though a sniper can work well and the LMG's are good in groups when you're not fumbling with the ammo belt.
    (The mag types don't quite work as well even if they reload better.)

Can't really say much though, been using the Liberty pistol and the exotic holster to make holes in targets while turret Beep and drone Boop (When it's AI feels like it that is.) do most of the work.
    (Pop the heavies armor and they can mostly take anything other than elites and stationary minigun emplacements because again DPS wins against all.)

EDIT: Suppose in close combat a shotgun might do good unless it's groups of enemies (Slow firing after all, generally.) and SMG's well maybe though a crit focused build and AR seems like it'd do better.
    (Could just need the right bonuses and rolls for damage and such though, it's not exactly easy to get that.)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Singleton99 and DocStrangelove like this.