Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Hwinfo shows the vrm temps and memory errors on the 580. Gpuz dont have it.

Trihy likes this.
  2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Are you using 1 cable for both pcie connectors for your card?

3. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Pulse has one cable.
    This bug exist on all cards but nitro and asus have very good heatsink so the card cant go above the 75 Celsius.
    Read again what i wrote.
    When u go back to 30 Celsius software goes to 74%, 73%, 72%..... but u don't notice any speed difference reduction because the max speed is 60 an the card waits the driver to go below 60% to slow fans.

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I've been monitoring reddit and other forums about similar problems. From what I've seen, using a 2nd pcie cable to connect the card resolves most, if not all, those issues instantaneously.

Apparently, Navi cards do not do well with just 1 PCIe cable. You need two of them.
    What is the make/model of your PSU?

5. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I'm using two separate pci-e power cables on my 580 nitro+ and everything works fine: no crashes, no hangs, no incorrect behavior of fans on gpu.

6. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Don't seem to understand what i am saying. First of all Only rx580 nitro has 2 pcie cables .I dont speak about navi.
    Second We don't speak about crashes we dont speak about hangs . The only problem is that fans go at 60 % and stays there about 5 minutes when the temp goes back to low and i explained why.
    You have nitro and you cant go the temp above 75 so u dont have this.

Trihy likes this.
  7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    If you come here to vent you've come to the wrong place. People here are kind enough to take notice of your issue and are trying to offer help with the information they are provided. If mistakes are made, so be it, that's life get over yourself. However, you need to answer questions when asked so we can get a better understanding of you and your situation.

To further add to your snide comments. The correct correspondence was to say, "My video card only uses a single PCIe connector". Not what you said.

So again, what is the make and model of your PSU, stop procrastinating.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  8. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Dont fight, keep it cool guys. We are just having fun with our hardware.

Hope they add sharpening for dx11 and polaris cards on next release.

Didnt like to use filters but this one looks nice on 1080p.

9. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    I don't have a problem, I simple answered about fans to passenger that has a rx580. How navi is in the discussion i don't understand. When me and passenger, both in our profiles have a rx580. I already explain why this problem exist in rx580 pulse, i don't ask for help.

(btw my computer exist in my profile)

I don't fight .

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    Trihy likes this.
  10. KLarsen

KLarsen Guest

GPU:
    AMD Vega 8
    (SHOULD I MAKE A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THIS?)

I use an older budget TV (MEDION LIFE P14035, MD 20295) as a monitor which has HDMI and VGA. I had to uninstall AMD Radeon drivers (Adrenalin) because they nearly bricked my damn computer by identifying my HDMI-connected TV as connected via DVI, forcing 640x480@60 and greying out the resolution options.

Once I managed to uninstall them it works fine again, as it did before installing.

UPDATE: I then updated my MBB BIOS (Asus PRIME A320M-K to Version 5220) and Chipset (see Software) and now (after installing Adrenalin again) I can't even use the HDMI-port, only VGA (which is detected as a "DDC Display, DISPLAYPORT"). Visually, it works fine but I can't utilize the TV's speakers via HDMI because of this...

UPDATE 2: I tested another newer monitor via HDMI and it works fine. The thing is that my TV does work when I haven't got any Radeon-drivers installed...

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, v1903, 18362.239

Software:
    AMD Chipset updates, Version 1.7.29.0115 (2019/08/02): AMD Ryzen Power Plan Version 5.0.0.0, AMD SMBus Driver Version: 5.12.0.38, AMD GPIO Driver Version 2.2.0.116, AMD GPIO Driver (for Promontory) Version 2.0.1.0 and AMD PSP Driver Version 4.11.0.0

RADEON Driver pack-version: 19.30.25.10-191004a-347338E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019
    Vega 8 BIOS-article number: 113-RAVEN-113
    Vega 8 BIOS-date: 2018/11/05 06:01

COULD IT BE THAT I SHOULD UPDATE THE Vega 8 BIOS? Can you even do that???

Best regards,
    K.

11. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    How your card behaves in manual mode? Mine, fan wise, works ok just AMD’s zero rpm doesn’t work, it needs to be switched manually, one extra step but can be done through Overlay or AMD link app. In manual mode max fan speed is ~2300rpm so I hope this works for you.

Trihy likes this.
  12. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    It is ok. The auto is broken.

Trihy likes this.
  13. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    agree. i have the same (bad) card and i don't have that issue as I control the fans with argus monitor

Trihy likes this.
  14. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    I have never had so many crashes since Windows ME and my 'ole Geforce 2 MX. Hurry up and fix this nonsense AMD. If I boot up WW2 CoD game (Humble Bundle I didn't pay for it) my entire system crashes. Yet runs Arma all day. It runs Arma 3 all day, like hello? That's the only reason why I haven't jumped back to team Green. NAVI sucks right now due to the drivers. Hurry up AMD

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Embra, OnnA, Jackalito and 4 others like this.

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  17. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    yay thanks downloading now...:D

18. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    The tip from @Eastcoasthandle with qword (invalid chill registry) works when u install the new drive above the old one. You dont need to make it again. (except if it fixed but i doubt it)

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    A new thread could be made but it's the 19.10.1 driver now with Microsoft's WHQL signature added but other than that it should be just about identical to the former non-WHQL (But still signed.) driver release about a week ago. :)

19.10.2 will hopefully bring some additional fixes though for those who prefer WHQL now 19.10.1 can be used and I guess AMD might eventually set this as the recommended over the prior 19.9.2 WHQL.
    It does have the same issues though but for those where the newer drivers haven't caused any notable problems it seems to be a good one. :)

Eastcoasthandle, Embra and Undying like this.
  20. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    What motherboard chipset do you have?

I was looking for an alternative for speedfan, cause it doesnt support newer chipsets.

Does it recognize all your motherboard fans?