Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 7, 2019.

1. zeusola

zeusola Active Member

GPU:
    6700 xt
    I too have a Nitro+ RX580 8GB, I have to use the quiet bios of 1340 core, if I use the performance switch it will just crash while gaming. Fiddling with power limit or clocks just makes it unstable, so I don't use any o/c software for it now, not even enabling wattman (which sucked at fan control anyway, doing it in chunks not smooth).

I've tried flash it with different performance bios (still 1411 core), trying to find one that might work, lower timings etc... still a no go.

My fans would fail the old test, but with Trixx 7.0 they pass the fan test fine.

69.7% ASIC

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Oc is pretty asic dependent on this cards.

With 80% asic you can mostly go to 1500mhz and 1.2v.

Rx580 is great for 1080p gaming. Among power consumption, temps goes a lot lower with some undervolt.

Before all this problems, I use to get 16.000 firestrike graphic score with 1390mhz and some mem tuning. This cards really like mem oc and lower timmings. A beast for its price.

You can also edit your quiet bios to make it performance bios. Just copy the clock and tdp values from another 1411mhz bios with sbp polaris bios editor 3.5.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    OnnA likes this.
  3. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    I had a Rx480 and Firestrike was almost 17k

1430mhz and 2000 mem. Get that Mem up it will get better results. If you want to know if you are stable run WarThunder from all the games I have and tested is the only one that will drop if things are not ok. Get you max setings using that one.

Trihy likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    There was some performance regression on Polaris since 19.7.3. I was also in range of 17k but now im at 16.5k with 19.10.1.

My 580 likes tighter memory timings more than memory overclock.

Trihy likes this.

5. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Yes, this cards scores goes way up with mem tuning.

Maybe with Samsung mem you can get better timmings.

Only sapphire 100% samsung rx580 is the limited edition. The other two get random mem.

But as I said before, for 1080p60 you dont need to OC that much.

6. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Nitro+, not special edition here and according to gpu-z it has samsung memory:
    [​IMG]

Trihy likes this.
  7. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Nice!

The first batches came with Samsung or Hynix. Latest ones with micron. Or at least thats how mines come.

I had one with micron that mem overclocked like hell. Most dont like that brand, but was pretty good.

I had one with samsung too, but his low asic killed all the fun. You have to be lucky enough to get a high asic and Samsung.

8. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    My card's asic quality is 75,5%:
    [​IMG]

Trihy likes this.
  9. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Thats a keeper :D

The samsung one I had was around 65% asic.

Id seen other with 89% asic. Those one should undervolt nice.

10. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti

11. Thadeus

Thadeus Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT Hellfire
    Well it depends on your setup. I have a silent tower setup with 3 noctua 140mm fans. That said if you have two monitors plugged into your sappahire 580 nitro you will hear the damn gpu fan every 1-2 minutes. Its driving me nuts! So my conclusion is: the 580nitro is quieter as my previous sapphire 390 nitro but far away from quite - at least in my sense of noice.

12. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Did you check the fans rpm?

Until 1300rpm or so should be quiet. And barely goes to more than that.

What Id notice is that this kind of fans has some "turbulence" at some speed.

My previous card had a turbulence around 800rpm and you can hear the fans a lot. At 900rpm was completely silent.

Other one had turbulence at 1100rpm, at 1200 was completely silent.

Guess this is a fan fabrication process related, noticed something similar on evga fans. Seems something common to ball bearing fans.

If you are hearing the fans because of high rpm, a little undervolt and underclock could help.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  13. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I also have Sapphire RX580 tinnitus edition it's not been plesent for some time. Automatic fan mode goes up to 3100rpm and stays there for half an hour even after leaving the game and temperature is 32c. I can use manual fan but without zero rpm, you can still use zero rpm function through AMD overlay/wattman/fan or AMD link app, those two have zero rpm for manual mode, but it's not stable for me and manual mode with zero rpm overheats the card.

14. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Do you have pulse or nitro?

Nitro shouldnt go that high. My card never passes 1500 or so rpm. Now is acting weird going to 2500+ rpm and staying there even when temp goes down to 35C, but I guess it's software or hardware problem.

Pulse edition has a smaller heatsink.

15. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Pulse, when I got it fans worked fine now situation is exactly like you described.

16. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Pulse have maximum auto speed 60% with target 75 celsiou.
    When u run a bench it goes for example to 80 Celsius and the driver software, drive the fan speed to 75% but the hardware stays to 60% because it has maximum speed to 60% for pulse.
    Now when u go back to 30 Celsius software goes to 74%, 73%, 72%..... but u don't notice any speed difference until after time pass and fan speed goes below 60%.
    this is a driver bug that think that auto can go to 100%. But our max is 60%.

If anyone know better english can post this bug in amd forum.

passenger likes this.
  17. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Yes there are some problems.

But pulse heatsink is small for this type of gpu. I think its the same they used for rx480 nitro.

On rx580 nitro they improved the heatsink size a lot.

Id tested many rx580 and I can say most silent ones are sapphire nitro and asus strix.

18. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    There is no big difference between Pulse and Nitro in that regard really.
    [​IMG]

Heatsink is not the problem also, the fans revving up to 100% when thay supposed to be at 65%. It’s just a bug that overrides auto and manual mode for no real reason.

Trihy likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I've never seen my fans ramping up to 100% or any other bugs in that regard. I disabld 0 fan speed and manualy set my temp/fan speed. It works fine on boot.

Core temp is in 60's and vrms in 70's which is great for 1480mhz oc. My card have tripple slot cooler though, this aorus xtr is a beast.

Trihy likes this.
  20. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019