Far Cry 5 Thread:

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Second playthrough, now on the highest difficulty. It's not really polished. In one area I jumped too high (with help of the perk) and the game said I failed the mission because I left the area. Insert a few thousand *bleeps* here.

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    same here...love the 50cal but I always keep a shotgun for close stuff.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I think after playing a few game after farcry 5 was released that maybe,this game has the worst AA implementation ever to grace the gaming world, game looks absolutely bad with any of the AA options

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The sequel to this game (New Dawn) was imo far better. Had a lot of fun with it.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    U mean it looks better and has better AA?

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    No, New Dawn gameplay was a lot more fun (to me). And less BS (none of the hallucinogenic trip missions the writing team forced down your throat since FC3).

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It was good in fc3, but not after

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    [​IMG]
    Anti aliasing fix

9. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    the way crouch was either on or off, spoilt it for me.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I would agree. While I really liked FC5, New Dawn was a lot more fun just overall.

Personally... if I was to rank the series..

Primal
    New Dawn
    FC5
    FarCry
    Blood Dragon
    FC3
    FC4
    FC2

And, really, the only one I didn't like was FC2.

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Primal is excellent.

ramthegamer likes this.
  12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Yeah, at least in Primal you don't have a walkie-talkie that the villain (or your "friends") can use to be constantly funny at you.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Lets be honest FC3 is the best in the series.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    To some.. maybe.

But, FC3 also features the worst protagonist. Wastes it's best antagonist by killing him off halfway through...
    It's damn good. But, it doesn't maintain itself for the entire game. Personally.

Undying likes this.
  15. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Okay, how the hell is Jason "the worst"? At least he has a character arch. Ajay in 4 is bland from beginning to end and accomplishes nothing as a character, 5 and 2 have silent avatars, so they don't really count, 1 is a different game, Blood Dragon is a parody that isn't meant to be taken seriously, and Primal has a caveman (not necessarily bad, but not interesting as well).

At least Ubisoft tried to make a story in FC3 that actually features growth of the main character, and tried to tell a story that felt to have some ambition behind it. Yes, they fluffed up by killing Vaas far too early (and replaced him with a boring Hoyt), but at least he was the last original antagonist they created (Min and Seed are his clones with minuscule differences). Every other mainline FC featured copypasted content from 3 (like the obligatory drug burning mission), progressively dumber AI and lessening difficulty, rehashed "crazy kooky villain", and very little originality.

Oh, but I forgot, Jason Brody said "Eugh" when skinning animals, and wasn't immediately a dumb action hero, he was only played by ones.

cerebus23 and airbud7 like this.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Because... opinions.
    Remember, everyone sees/takes things differently.

Jason starts as an annoying douche, which was intentional. And his "growth" throughout the game... doesn't change that to me. He ends the game, as the same douche... only now as a psychopath.
    Ajay was bland, but... bland can be better then annoying.
    But, did you miss where I said FC3 was better then FC4... maybe. I like FC3, and it's better then 4... because 4 is just 3 again.
    But, I prefer 5 and Primal.

And Takkar in Primal was a better character. Showed emotion and care for his people, even for those from other tribes.
    Wanting to build them a safe world.

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Funny, I've never found Jason Brody that douchey, only way over his head. His realisation that he's become a monster as well at the end was nice, because you don't really see that often, even if you do monstrous things in many videogames. I agree that bland is better than annoying, but I don't get the problem with Jason.

I didn't. That's why I've never called you out on liking 4 better than 3.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    5 had so many moronic plot elements i could not even begin to feel immersed in the thing. it was sophomoric.

i think part if it also is the setup ok you can see some little island nation or randon 2nd world nation maybe devolving into a lawless garbage dump.

but the USA with national guard, army, navy, air force, FBI, CIA, police and a relatively stable govt with a heavily armed population. yea religious wackos taking over a whole county and etc just does not pass any kinda logic test like some of the stuff people running around claiming today. i think that also hits the game for some.

but the whole kidnap stuff annoyed me, especially the places and situations i got kidnapped some made me literally rage they were so stupid really whoever made it like that should be fired. make it so they had to send people after you and they kept at til they got you and grabbed you that might have been interesting but the magic ninja with metal gear knock out darts bs just bs.

motivations of the main bad guys are garbage and make no sense. they psychos not shocking but compared to past far cry baddies they some of the worst but maybe the one because she was at lest easy on the eyes and i think she is the first far cry female bad guy so thats at lest notable.

i will take any far cry over 5 i consider it complete garbage with 3 and 4 being well superior as games go, as story go and as characters go.

19. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Finally, someone actually make sense. I was checking the reviews and comments around the net, and everyone is raving about the game. IMHO, this game is indeed, garbage! The random kidnaps make no sense other than, PURE lazy design. The bad guys are boring as heck. Then that cheap design where it simply spawn enemies behind you and bam, u r death. UBI really need to focus on improving AI, especially after this game AND Ghost Recon Breakpoints. Both use extremely lazy design (if it that is even consider design??) to sell as HARDER difficulty.

Also, in real life, the US won't even need an army to take care of these dumb cultist. They just feed them with kool-aid.

DocStrangelove and cerebus23 like this.
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i respect ur list, but farcry 5 cannot be ahead of farcry the original, the original one is the best simply because of the revolutionary aspects of the gameplay and the setting