The Outer Worlds

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CalculuS, Dec 7, 2018.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Not really yet sure about this one. It is included in gamepass pc beta though. Might worth a try.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well it's kinda free isn't it? Or fairly close to free at least so not much to it but picking up the trial they regularly do for these passes and after a week or so it can also be cancelled for a full refund and immediate termination of the subscription though if it's on a sale the 2$ or whatever might not be a big investment so could also keep the subscription period for continuing with the game if it's good or check other available titles out but it's a good method of checking out the game assuming Win10 and UWP and the store decides to be nice and work properly hah. :D

EDIT: I do not have any major expectations from the game though, I am not expecting a different take on New Vegas like the game seems to be frequently compared to but that was Bethesda helping out and a different situation even under time pressure plus also before several staff were either fired or left so I am curious how the game will end up but trying to see it more as a AA type of thing rather than full AAA productions.

Being used to games from Piranha Bytes, Troika and early Obsidian kinda helps too I suppose, some jank but hopefully a fun and solid experience of a game with a bit of heart and not just trying to maximize broader appeal or sales but we'll see.
    (And a manual save or quick save would be nice because yeah bugs can be a thing.)

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I like what i see from this game, love the art style

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    people wanted new vegas 2 so i dunno why so many would be bothered by something reminding them of "new vegas" is a bad thing. tho many the people that did not like new vegas really did not dislike it because the setting but the TONE of the setting.

that quirky tounge and cheek humor has been a thing going back to fallout 2 something obsidian loves to dig out for fan nostalgia and they pretty good at creating quarky characters and lore.

them cobbling the slice out of smoke and mirrors allegedly (a dangerous practice ask aliens colonial marines and anthem) probably had some to do with so many meh out of the initial showings also and the art styyle is more no mans sky than anything else and that puts well me off personally i just do not like they hyper color saturation of no mans sky.

got time to wait on reviews anyway good bad indifferent it is a obsidian story driven rpg it should be fun to play unless that talent they lost hit them very hard.

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    ^
    Yeah I kinda don't get all the negativity about the game. Looks to me like a better version of New Vegas with new story and better combat, which sounds absolutely great. The only problem I have with the game is how it is released.

I might try the gamepass though, thanks for suggestion.

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  6. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    while im skeptical about everything about it ( story, combat ), i sure hope ur right.

the conversations are clearly similar to New Vegas and that's fine.. its even super fine by me.

i just can't feel anything interesting from the videos so far. its like a mix between Borderlands\New Vegas\No Man Sky..
    it seems a bif off to me..

lets hope im wrong and the game will deliver. DOOM was delayed, Control is still EGS only.. so im all in for
    a fresh adventure if its worth it.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I
    I am itching for a new open world game that reminds me of farcry 5 but with a better looking game, as farcry 5 to me had the worst AA implementation ever to grace a game,the game looks so bad on my monitor i remember very well

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    farcry 5 was bad in a number of ways. AA was just a sliver of the mixed reviews on steam.

ramthegamer likes this.
  9. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Since it's on Xbox Game Pass I'll try it for sure.

serbicu likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game isn't open world or at least not fully open to the extent many current open world games are doing things, from what I am hearing at least of that and the games length which I suppose depends on what exploration there is and side activities since the number given was 15 - 40 hours.

EDIT: Though the game does still use multiple more open areas so I guess once this launches we'll see how it works. (So more like Knights of the Old Republic then perhaps.)

EDIT: Hmm there's a optional texture pack going by the publisher update recently.
    (The textures would probably be 1024 to 2048 not 1080 to 1440 but eh, common thing to see.)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yeah how I'll try it as well, my new rx5700 comes with three months of PC Gamepass free so enough time to try this game and any others that interest me enough to try but not outright buy :)

13. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    cerebus23 likes this.
  15. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Hey I always wanted a 1060 but couldn't afford one at the time so at least now I feel better.

xD

Embra and cerebus23 like this.
  17. I can't tell ya how happy I am for Obsidian because of this & looking forward to running a copy of this on my Razer Blade instead of the desktop. Looks like a game my laptop should be able to handle at decent settings

It has limits - https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1872?vs=1771

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    The menu looks GOOOOOOOOOOD, i like that a lot, many games have crap UI or copy paste from other games...

But this one looks slick, looking forward to play it on my 380 FineWine!

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I dunno why, but in that recent video the game looks just like a Mod for FNV...

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC