Fortnite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TheDeeGee, Aug 26, 2013.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Epic Games are on a whole other level as far as "live service" game is concerned. Firmly believes it comes down to their experience working for decades with games' studios, on a ton of various projects, while pushing innovation with Unreal Engine.

I have barely played Fortnite but the event from last night was incredible, the fact that is was live on game servers, cross platform, simultaneously happening worldwide, is.. mindblowing.

Keno34 likes this.
  2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It'll be back up tomorrow with season 11.

3. I don't want to judge this "younger" generation of gamers, but they make it really hard not to :) There are still 300k Fortnite viewers on Twitch watching a rotating black hole for the past 24 hours. I can't believe these kids have nothing better to do... so sad.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Probably just a bunch people with the stream open in a browser tab just in case something happens.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea and your asleep when that something happens.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Was at work today and left to go grad some lunch.

There was a mother with her son, probably 10 years old or so, she couldn't get him to do anything. He was yelling and throwing a fit because he couldn't play Fortnite.
    The mom just smiled and said, "kids... right?" I just stood there waiting for my food thinking, "What the hell..."
    And she just was like,"Him and all his friends have just been uncontrollable since the game broke the other day, just don't know what to do with him now" and tried to laugh it off.

Really hate a lot about this current generation. :D

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    discipline right?

Kolt likes this.
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    "parents... right?"

most kids are this way cause of there parent, majority of then let the internet and games parent there kid, then wonder why there kid is stupid or just so many like lack common sense lack manner etc etc.

Those same kid get rude awaken when the real world slaps them in face and they completely lost. And what sad about this is this whole cycle is repeated for and getting worse each gen.
    Parent lets there kid get away with more then there parent let them, and the kid does same thing when they have kid and so on and so forth.

My Own cousin who is 19 and out highschool and lacks any and all common sense like many kids this gen andhas no clue how do anything for him self cause his father my uncle does it all for him refused to teach him this stuff and make him do the that stuff and thinks it fine. He got job and there for real word slaped him in the face, and he still dont under stand it and his father like "oh its fine" he will fiqure it out. and I like no he isnt cause you keep doing it all for him and refuse to make him learn things he should know by now. The moment uncle is no longer around ( god forbid) his kid will completely lose and have no clue what to do. But in his game is he has brain and common sense even if he act complete moron in them.

If i lashed out like kids do now I would be throw in the attic to I learned to listen hell I had some of game ran over and crushed for not listen. and mind you this my uncle talking about above.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I agree completely.
    Most parents these days want to be the kids friend... instead of being the parent.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so true, which is quiet sad "Be there parent NOT there friend". this is why so many have zero common sense grow up completely clueless.

Uncle first kid got thrown out of 18 for not listening and general being stupid and cause problem, 2nd kid learn from first and has brain common sense and her own business, and refused to let her kid being like her sister that got thrown out, and her self
    his 3rd kid which boy get away with more then his first kid that got thrown out and talk to him in away he never let any of his kids. atlest some of thing my uncle first kid did wasnt "illegal" and we talking his son gets caught he goes to jail cause he to stupid to keep his mouth shut about and uncle is like its fine.

I told my uncle repeatedly even his 2nd daughter told him this, he is not same person he was when me and her were growing up. but he laugh and say he same person he always been I sat there thinking to my self no your not you dont see it cause you trying to be friend and not parent.

he is one those parents that let his 8 year old play those shooter games, same person who few years ago said I cant believe parents let there 8 year old play these game let alone get them mics and let them speak like that. 2 years later that kid told me he wants a gun to shoot people. i told my uncle this and he like no he didn't I was think to my self "WTF would think I make that up?"

With how parents are now and how social is I am scared to see what it look like in few generations.

I read this stuff earlier

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/10127110/fortnite-addicted-kids-families-sue-epic-games/
    https://torrentfreak.com/epic-games-settles-copyright-lawsuit-with-cheating-fortnite-kid-191007/

and I was like WTF

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Parents don't have the balls anymore to raise their children.

Back in the day when i threw a fit or did something bad i could get a slap in the face.

Nowadays it's the kids that slap their parents in the face.

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Guys, its the latest fad, which just so happens to be a computer game. Before that it was fidget spinners...

When I was a kid it was coca cola yoyos, sticker book/card collecting/trading, He-man, Transformers, Thundercats, Ghostbusters etc etc etc.

There's always going to be the next "big thing".

Heck, quick look at specs of you guys and it's clear you're all like me...waiting for the next gen of graphics cards to release. Seriously, we're no better in all this. The only difference is that we don't have to justify it to anyone, well, except for the mrs perhaps.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    transformers was amazing :p and it was a huge thing and i thad a few really great series and one great game?

some stuff is all hype and smoke and mirrors some stuff is worth the hype at lest on some level.

it is just corporate suits put up a dart board with all them 30s through 90s IPs on it toss darts hit one and give it to whoever to make it happen (hyperbole but i wager not too far off reality) so odds are your beloved childhood thing is going to be given to someone that give not a f about maybe hates it or just wants to get a paycheck and that one person that has some care for the property. good luck. explains the general quality of stuff.

cyberpunk 2020 is hyped but that is a ton of hype by fans.

diablo moble was corporate hype for a foreign market and mocked fans when they were like wtf. whos laughing now blizzard? lol.

so yea there are various types of hype including your own we should keep hype in perspective as best we can. hype making you waste money should be hype you discard in general but we would not be humans and marketeers would not be marketeers. but they been swallowed by the social media click bait stuff and been failing pretty miserably, nm old tech firms are struggling in a new tech age and we in an internet war there and they play well evil.

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Transformers movies keeps getting better and better, cannot wait for the next one.

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    SpajdrEX likes this.

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Fortnite Is Shutting Down In China November 15

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Sucks for those that spend a lot of time into the PvE part of the game, and it seems a transfer to US or EU servers is out of the question.

Glad i don't live in China... Gaming Curfews... what the actuall f*** ?!?!

18. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Fortnite is getting an update to UE5

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The move to UE5 definitely aged my GTX 1070 by 2-3 years.

20. Even after the transition to UE5, do not expect Nanite or Lumen to make their way to Fortnite anytime soon.