Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Oct 7, 2019.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    CRYENGINE NEON Noir Raytracing Demonstration on AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
    This is pretty decent performance considering real-time ray tracing a seriously taxing graphical feature and we have already seen how it crushes down even the fastest of the NVIDIA RTX series graphics cards in the few games that offer it. However, there's more to the story.

Crytek Clarifies Dedicated Hardware 'RTX' and Modern APIs Can Boost Real-Time Ray Tracing Performance Immensely, Up To 4K Full Resolution Ray Tracing With NVIDIA RTX Series
    The CryEngine creators further elaborate that while their technique allows efficient operation of real-time ray tracing on non-RTX hardware, there are huge performance benefits that can be achieved from dedicated hardware and modern APIs.

What are you expecting rx500 series touch RTX2060 in raytracing, vega56/64 touch RTX2070 and navi/vega VII catch up to RTX2080? Ain't gonna happen. Ever. Support for raytracing will not cut off the need for RDNA 2.0 with dedicated h/w which will also be used in upcoming PS5/XB2.

2. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I did ask you for links to articles, interviews.

Personally i do not care about raytracing as i am aware for real raytracing hardware will not be ready likely ever unless there will be huge change overall in image rendering and proper hardware for this overhauled image rendering. Faking raytracing on raster image will always be bad and full of compromises. All what this fuss is about since geforce rtx is a fake raytracing which is pushing us a tiny bit closer to an actual raytracing from which we are still eons away.

warlord likes this.
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Even rtx 3000 and rdna 2.0 will offer fake Ray-Tracing, there is not enough power to use all rt techniques, all surfaces etc. One or two things at a time, is kinda so minimalistic. I believe 2022-2024 we will be able for full ray tracing depending on companies, Nvidia, Intel, Amd.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Good that I can't replicate any of those.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it's a weird series of issues and there's seemingly no common factor at all, people even resorted to RMA's and buying new cards and still hitting various issues with driver stability all over so I have no idea where it's coming from though I intend to try things again once 19H2 is finalized early November so I can rule out the OS itself as one factor.

EDIT: Well depending on the driver situation at that point.
    HDCP after the 19.8.2 driver to disabled would be something, monitor is using DP 1.2 so that could be another possibility and whatever else I'm overlooking.

6. ed costa

ed costa Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 5700 MECH OC
    I for one just hope that AMD will sort themselves REAL quick. I bought a RX 5700 and i´m very pleased with the performance (when it´s working).
    But the constant blue screens are completely unnaceptable. I mean, it crashes when i open Twitter ffs...
    I´ve been an AMD user since 2008 but this is ridiculous. I´ve never had a GPU give me so much grief.
    From lack of sensor detection, black screens and now the constant BSOD´s, either they fix it real soon or im gonna buy an RTX 2060.
    They need to get their s**t together.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yeah, rtx cards are without issues.

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    It sounds more like a faulty card.

9. ed costa

ed costa Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 5700 MECH OC
    I can play for a whole day (when the card is detected) and not have a single hiccup, and then just casually open a Chrome tab and POOF!
    BSOD´ed again. Its not, i had a Sapphire reference 5700 before this one (traded because of the cooler) and it was doing the exact same thing.
    After these latest drivers 19.10.1 the BSOD thing just became constant.

10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    To what file BSOD points?

ed costa likes this.

11. ed costa

ed costa Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 5700 MECH OC
    Always the same, VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR and Atikmdag.sys.

12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I see, what is your motherboard?

13. ed costa

ed costa Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 5700 MECH OC
    An ASUS ROG B350-F STRIX Gaming. updated to the latest bios, chipset firmware, etc.
    With a 650 Watt LCPOWER silver PSU.
    16 Gb of DDR4 3000Mhz G.skill ram.
    And a Ryzen 3600 CPU.

14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Grid runs like a dream. Happy DX12 gaming with AMD.

15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Two things, I would not trust that PSU and get a better one.
    Second, is your card running PCI-E 3.0? just run the benchmark in GPU-Z via [?] do you have an option in bios to set PCI-E to Gen3?

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For CEF or Chromium or just Chrome itself the hardware acceleration crashes has improved but it's not fully fixed so I'd try disabling that first and testing how it goes at least until AMD fully fixes the issues here.

EDIT: If it's a profile pointing to Chrome.exe any custom builds would also be susceptible even after the driver that supposedly fixed this problem but I still see users reporting issues with Discord despite AMD listing that one as fixed in a prior driver so it's not just that about profile related tweaks and alternate variants that would fall outside due to different naming of the exe.

17. ed costa

ed costa Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 5700 MECH OC
    Ran the Furmark bench, it´s running at PCI-E 3.0. Ran without a hitch. The PSU isnt bad, it powered my RX 580 NITRO+ (the blue one 1430 Mhz) for over two years and that one used over 210 watts of juice, this one barely makes it above 165.

EDIT: Ran GPU-Z bench again, it states i´m running at PCI-E 4.0.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yup, installed this one today.
    It's Faster than 19.9.3....

19. olymind1

olymind1 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6700 10 GB
    How? Your MB only support 3.0.

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    "Old" BIOS with PCI-E v4 support?

If that's the case, I would immediately flash the motherboard bios to the latest available.
    He might as well be having those issues because a old Bios.