Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I agree with u, perfomance is very bad for me on the new gameplay mode, and it s rediculous that 1080ti has fps drops....

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Why did u uninstall?

XenthorX likes this.
  3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I am really enjoying the new map honestly.. I do understand why some people would hate it, especially if they are vehicle or sniper focused.. but for my play style I absolutely love it. There are tons of flanking routes that I keep finding myself behind entire platoons of clueless players to mow down.

Those of you with stuttering/performance issues, I would first try disabling Control Flow Guard for BF5 (I did this globally personally). Read more here: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/p...-individual-games-eg-metro-exodus-bf5.425353/
    I also personally have "Randomize memory allocations (Bottom-up ASLR) disabled globally for similar reasons (stutter fix). Alternatively to that, you can try using ISLC (here) which can really help with stutters, however you may not need it if disabling Control Flow Guard fixes the stutters.
    I would also try DX11 if you are on DX12, as even with DXR disabled DX12 felt a bit more rough on my system.

Dragam1337 and XenthorX like this.
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    It has little to do with the new content, i liked what i played, it's just that i don't have the same excitement as i used to have from those Battlefield games.

And there's so many gaming options now, lots of fantastic games i haven't tried and are available for nothing (Xbox Pass for PC for instance, there's a bunch i need to try).

With PS Now i wanna try some of those God of War games too, i've Control side missions to complete, wanna try Prey, Astroneer, No Mans' Sky, ... !

And i actually have more fun with Battlefront 2 than Bf5 also, SSD space is precious.

ramthegamer and fantaskarsef like this.

5. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    apart from some w10 tweaks like ASLR and ISLC, stick with dx11 to help better the game. then share your settings in-out game and monitor your cpu/gpu usage. only then we will see whats the problem, guys who say game stutters should do that.

im using secondary lcd monitor only for this (msi afterburner monitor), to understand whats the situation.

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't need a second monitor just to see that the game is broken. As i said, BF1 runs silky smooth, only V hitches. Modern Warfare BETA ran like butter, so i'm waiting for the next BF.

ramthegamer likes this.
  7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    BFV runs perfectly smooth for me and others and some have stutters. Dunno why, but I am happy I am one of the ones that don't have any performance issues. That said, the game is boring for me now. Sadly what to do

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    For me the problem is not with stutter, the problem lies with the fps drop into 65 and 70s on this map for no reason

9. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    no you definitely dont... though you can always enable the afterburner overlay and monitor those things. otherwise you are just being ignorant needlessly rather than approaching it scientifically.

10. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    "no reason"? are you sure enough to say that? whats your cpu and gpu usage when you get fps drops?

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I dont monitor however i get 100 110 fps on conquest maps 64 player

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Upgrading to the latest driver definitely improved my performance in the game. Just mentioning it since it solved my own problems, doesn't need to be the same with anybody else.

Yesterday we were 8 players trying to get into one game... as if EA Dice does it's best to mess up such an experience... disconnects, single people being thrown out of the game / squad (different ones too so not just one or two guys with issues), and we don't even want to mention that basically, beyond 4 people, you are left for dead if you want to play together by the devs.
    What's it with those "limited" numbers, 4 man squad etc.? Haven't they ever had the idea that there might be people who want to play together beyond a few friends? What if we were a team or clan or w/e, no way to join together? Lacks the right impulse in interface / game design imho.

13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    New BF5 metro map is procreating amazing. It's huge and the detail level is unreal. It really seems (At least to me) that this is DICE trying to push the engine further because it seems more advanced than some of the other maps.

Also it's much more fun than the original but it still has similar killzones (way more flanking routes, I swam under a flooded tunnel to flank the enemy base and almost drowned). Using a shotgun on that map is so much fun.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Allright, installing back the baby. Need to give this metro map a proper shot !

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  15. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I really don't get what people see in Metro. It's all kill-camping. It was in BF3 and 4 anyway. Couldn't stand that map. Could easily mount up 30-40 kills by just camping with grenades, C4. Was so boring. Would much rather take on a more dynamic map with thrilling firefights even if I get an even kill-death ratio.

ramthegamer likes this.

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
  17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
  19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Really nice trailer and 3 new maps 2 coming October 31 and then wake island December, It's been a long wait but this looks like a really good amount of new content.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Might‘ve taken too long. A good amount of players has gone already and another good share might leave soon for the „fresh“ bunch of games.
    Good they finally added this, I’d love to see this game around for some years & „seasons“.