MSI Alpha 15 gaming laptop

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    MSI announced its latest Alpha 15 gaming laptop. Armed with the new AMD Radeon RX 5500M graphics, the Alpha 15 is the first gaming laptop to feature 7nm technology, bringing cutting-edge hardware to ...

MSI Alpha 15 gaming laptop

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. KazeGG

KazeGG Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    In case you are wondering: MSRP starts at US$999 for base model. Add 100 bucks for 16GB ram instead of 8GB.

3. msotirov

msotirov Guest

GPU:
    rx 480
    So ugly I wanna gouge my eyeballs.

4. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    If you turn off all those bright multi-color RGB keys and and get rid of that hideous background logo, it isn't all that bad. The bezels are pretty good which is one of my greatest peeves. You would still have to cover the back logo a bored 9 year old created but that's it.

5. Aekold

Aekold Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Interesting placement on the right-side USBs. Maybe they were considering those that plug their laptops into monitors and use them as mobile desktops? Or maybe an engineering decision for better cooling on the back end?

6. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    Any progress on the AMD laptop front is good news, just waiting on that 3900 65w paired with a full 5700xt in a 17"... looking at you Acer or ASUS. Desktop replacement crowd is patiently waiting for something besides 9900k/2080 pairing for $3500

The problem for MSI is that this thing is going to compete directly with those ASUS TUF Ryzen 3750 notebooks that are basically the same price, but have the 1660 ti and look significantly better.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Somehow the most interesting thing is the giant speaker. I wonder if it actually sounds decent.

I feel like I've seen even worse from MSI. Some crowd will probably love this or at least won't care. I guess it's good there are options for everyone.