Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass partnership with Spotify

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yet, on the PS3, I never had to pay anything for this - PS4, I do.

No justification at all.

I am against this in all of its forms in every single way.

2. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    I think you are confusing a bit the Xbox Live with Xbox Game Pass, they are not the same thing!

The Xbox Game Pass for PC is an alternative for those who don't want to spend so much for x or y game.

It´s useful for those who want to play a particular game, but don´t want to spend $50~$60 on it, so subscribe to the Xbox Game Pass and for a small fraction of the price they can play it.

For example, I wanted to play Gears 5 and instead of spending $60 on it, I subscribed to Xbox Game Pass on the PC and for only $3 or $4 I played it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Irenicus likes this.
  3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Because Microsoft and Sony's online service costs a lot to maintain. Remember how awful it was on PS3? That's why you didn't have to pay anything because Sony didn't really care. As soon as they started adding features to catch up to Microsoft they started charging you. You can't have everything for free.

4. Mundosold

Mundosold Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    You are embarrassing and need to grow up.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    No this is SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

ah i feel better now :)

Irenicus likes this.
  6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    (Backs quietly out of thread)

anxious_f0x and Irenicus like this.
  7. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    You're really not getting it dude. Several people in this thread, including myself, have attempted to explain this to you. Let me be clear: What you think, is FACTUALLY WRONG.

Game pass - you pay $15.95 (that's Australian Dollars for me) There is a catalogue of games. Let's suppose there are 20 games you want to play and you own NONE of them. You get to install and play any and all of those games, for the time your subscription is active. There is no "pay for a game I already own to play online" - get it now?

I've been playing Gears 5 - a $100 game in my country, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Horizons 4 and now Dishonored 2, all for $2 for 2 months. I could play more games if there were any I was interested in, such as Gears of War (original) and Gears of War 4, Blair Witch, Bard's Tale and the list goes on. If I choose to buy any of those games eventually, I would still keep all my progress as well, from my subscription time, so that's pretty great.

I'm glad I only paid $2, but even $15 would be worth it to play Gears 5, if like me you play the campaign and a little bit of MP then you're done with it.

LMFAO :rolleyes: Good luck with that! Considering the above, when you confront your govt rep and he does 5 minutes of research only to discover you're confused and wrong. Thanks for the laughs though! :D

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    XP-200 likes this.
  8. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Costco had a 2 year xbox live card, so I added one of those to my account and then added game pass ultimate. So in essence i got 2+ years of game pass for a 1$. It's not a bad deal.

airbud7 and rl66 like this.
  9. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I think we must be talking cross purposes here.

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    No I think you're confused what game pass is and every other person in this thread is trying to explain it to you

Irenicus likes this.

11. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Do you have any idea where the money they get from their online services go towards? They use it to keep the severs going and up to date so the service doesn't suffer. Look at PS3 with some games and Mario Kart Wii those things really suffered from terrible service. Also people pay even more money on top of the game + the subscription service with all the stupid lootboxes that are out there now.

Can't say that Smash Bros Ultimate isn't that much better because of Nintendo's stupidity of not having a central server for that game. Instead we are stuck with Peer 2 Peer connections which sucks because if you get stuck with an opponent with a crappy Internet connection then your connection suffers. For $20 bucks a Year times several million subs they could afford to get a server made for their online service.

Im not saying all free online service is a bad ting for games it's good for games like Diablo 2 and 3 because Blizzard/Activision gets their money from sales. I also understand where you are coming from paying extra on top of a $60 dollar game is ridiculous but it's the way things are now a days.

12. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    ughhhhhhhh!!!!
    Once again, there is no paying extra on top. Read my comment above. I'm done with this thread, we now have two people who are completely off the mark

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Incorrect in everyway.

/thread

14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I am not off the mark. You are paying extra money after you pay for the game though. This is something you are failing to realize.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I pay for my internet connection so everything I do online should be free! /s

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Oh no, original Games for Windows Live you had to pay. That didn't last too long though.

Fender178 likes this.
  17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Oh God don't remind me of that horrible service. That service never worked right. Especially with the Batman Arkham games on PC during like 6-7 years ago the save game feature never worked right and I couldn't progress in those games. Thank the video game gods that the devs patch that crap out of those games when that service shut down.

vbetts likes this.
  18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Halo 2 Vista woes haunting me like PTSD.

airbud7 and Fender178 like this.
  19. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC

Nope. Go back and read your comments and other peoples'
    You are, 100%, absolutely, completely, utterly, totally off the mark.

I am using gamepass right now. I do not pay for a game then pay more. It's a subscription service, like netflix. Do you buy a movie on Netflix then pay again a subscription fee to watch? No? Well, the same is true here. It is YOU who fails to realise. I know, I'm frigging using game pass right now!

In case you missed it, you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

Did you read what I and others wrote? I'll explain it again, since you fail to understand: You pay a subscription fee (for me, $2 for 2 months, special offer ) - I can play ANY and every single game on game pass, without buying the games, and play them for as long as my subscription is active. IF I owned the games, I would not need game pass to play them. Got it now? You two really are quite confused aren't you?

20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I wasn't talking about gamer pass. If I was then you would be correct. I was just talking about games that have multiplayer that anyone purchased that they would have to pay extra on top of the game purchase that is all. Or how Microsoft used to do things that you need an Xbox-Live gold account to watch Netflix on your Xbox which meant you had to pay for an Xbox-Live Gold account on top of the Netflix payment.