Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm trying to get familiar with the game but there is one thing bothering me and that's the "Quest steps" which luckily are in one place when pressing TAB. I must have 30 quest items in my log but what I find being a huge problem is either understanding what to do or where, especially where. For example, the item itself says "kill 10 cabal in Nessus", where do I find them? The minimap doesn't have a tracking arrow so right now I have to run around the map, try to kill something and hope that it's the right mob. Also, there is quest tracking but it says even less information than what in TAB and Quests. Is there a better way?

Normal campaign quests are much easier to follow since there is minimap tracking.

Honestly I don't know for sure but it would make sense that you cannot get past 750 if you don't have shadowkeep but on the other hand it can be like this that, you can level up in vanilla and x-pac but you don't have access to the moon or tangled shore (if you don't have forsaken). Personally I recommend buying Forsaken since it has a really good story. Sorry to hear you have trouble logging in, I personally had not problems logging in or playing yesterday and the day before.

Kolt and Serotonin like this.
  2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    It is normal to have 30+ quests. Yes, some of them have vague pointers, so either you run around and find it yourself, or google it if you get frustrated. Kinda used to it right now, but I can see how it may be confusing for new commers.

You do not need Shadowkeep to get to max power, but I would still recommend it, because of the story, Moon, new items and so on.

As for the power levels, they go like this – 750-900 soft cap (all drops will level you up), 900-950 hard cap (only powerful rewards will level you up), 950-960 (only pinnacle activity drops), 960+ with Seasonal Artefact. Also worth mentioning is that the artefact can and will be acquired before max power, so you can be 800+10 from it for example, BUT that +10 will not count towards your drops, so they will be around 800, not 810.

Netherwind likes this.
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    how do you transfer your game from battle.net to steam? can you?

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I’m not 100% sure as I’ve never played it on Battle.net, but the feature works like this – you go here, log in with all your accounts (PSN, Xbox, Battle.net, Steam) and choose the platform that is your “primary”. After that, these characters will be available on all other platforms you have linked.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Netherwind likes this.
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I removed the game after 2 hours, because of the lackluster story, non-memorable characters, choppy gunplay (enemies being bullet sponges) and limited customization.

Also got nauseous after my first ~15min of gameplay (despite having the highest 105 fov), because of my weapon being right up in my face and not finding a way to change it.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    the gunplay in D2 is legendary , maybe the best in video games today

Kolt and Repo Man like this.
  9. I agree that gunplay is probably the only interesting part of this game, but calling it "legendary" or "best" is really stretched.

10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I don't think calling it "legendary" is a stretch and he did say "maybe" the best. I love all types of shooters from milsim OFP/ARMA to semi-realistic Stalker to arcady ID fps's. D2 gunplay, while different from all of these, is just so damn good.

11. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    i like the game more with the new changes ,still a few things to work on but nothin cant live with...yet lol just imo

12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Having such a blast with this atm which makes life hard because I was also having a blast with BL3 but I'm just more drawn to Destiny 2. I forgot how much I enjoy bounties as a lot of them are things that you complete naturally as you play although not so keen on weapon specific ones as I prefer Auto-Rifles and SMG's. Did a few of the Vex Offensives today which were pretty frantic and fun.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I really like the game but the quest system is infuriating. I need to Alt-Tab to Google a lot for this game which I'm not used to at all (except for WoW and Wowhead with achivements or general information). Also it feels like I have at least two bugged quests (one involving a gun and another involving a challenge I cannot complete) and why isn't the chalice in my inventory? It's taking up space as a quest, very odd.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Sadly this is one of the downsides of jumping into a game like this 3 years after launch, can be overwhelming at first with the amount of stuff it throws at you.

As you start getting through things it'll become much less of an issue.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I wasn't even explaining well and you understood it anyway, kudos :)
    So you mean that you don't have any problems with the questing? Do you have any tips?

anxious_f0x likes this.

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    First thing I’d do is clear up all the story missions for each DLC, here’s a list of all the story missions from each DLC pack and their respective icons that you will see on each destination and in the quests tab. Some story missions may require you to do other objectives before you can progress which isn’t always explained that well, so watch out for that.

https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Story_Missions

Then I’d go through and do the adventures on each destination, these are marked on each destination by an orange icon with a sword going through it.

Here’s a list of icons that you’ll find on the destination maps and a brief description of what to expect from doing them.

https://guides.gamepressure.com/destiny_2/guide.asp?ID=41568

PCgamer did a beginners guide which is also worth a read ;)

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk//destiny-2-beginners-guide/

Hopefully that helps ease you into the game.

-Tj- likes this.
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks for your tips :) I've actually completed everything including Forsaken (though the Forsaken icon is still visible with the prison mission). I've also done all adventures I can find. I'll just keep playing the Shadow campaign for now.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    That’s probably the best thing you can do for now, the strike playlist is also worth doing along with the menagerie, some good weapons can be had by completing forges as well if you have access to that.

Netherwind likes this.
  19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I bought the Shadowkeep DLC and had all previous x-pacs so I assume I should have access to everything.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Yeah you should be good to go then, I tend to just pick one quest line and go from there, then if I get bored I’ll do my weekly powerful rewards etc, looking forward to the Nightfall strikes, they actually look challenging again.