NVIDIA GeForce 436.48 Driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Oct 1, 2019.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That's impressive but in a whole different way.
    Surge 2 uses Vulkan, contains everything but some of the binaries for D3D12 and no traces of D3D11 or earlier, also contains data for PS4 and Xbox One and enhancements for the stronger models of these.

They are going all out with low level API implementation and usage plus support for the console API's and other platform features and despite how Vulkan and DirectX 12 both heavily improve on the standards and utilization for multi core and multi threaded rendering the game is dual core at most? Well I did hear impressions on how much better the beta build was so something somewhere might have gone very wrong very quickly whatever that might have been.

2. Snapwolf

Snapwolf Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB
    Looks like they still haven't fixed the crashes in GTA Online with this driver
    GTA V Story Mode has no issues but when you play online, it crashes after 5-10 minutes
    This only started on 436.30 (for me and other players with GTX 10 series cards) but some people with older hardware are reporting the same issue with 436.15

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Story mode crashes and neither are actually a driver issue (unless accompanied with a TDR)

Many people getting crashes on windows 10 and driver version doesn't matter.

4. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    I was wondering if anyone else was getting these random GTA 5 crashes, thought it was something wrong with my PC...so there is no real fix for this problem yet?

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im at 436.15 and I didn't have any crash in GTA5 online yet.. But sometimes if Im on server for ~ 20min all people disconnect and Im alone on server.. xD

If it crashed it crashed because of bad cpu OC.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Nope, Social club rewrite and changes to gtav itself are causing a process access violation.

-scofflineonly command line stops all the non-tdr crashes, but obviously doeesn't work in Online.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    ManuelG likes this.
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nothing like that here as of yet.

edit: I have retail dvd version not steam.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  8. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I agree.

After not having suffered a crash with this 1070 before, I recently started crashing after about 15min from the moment I ran the game to crash; every single session.

Solution for me and my friends whom were suffering the same issue?
    Run the game/launcher as admin, even if you're using the admin reg fix. Alternatively set the exe:s to be run as admin.
    I set all the exe:s in my GTA V Folder as well as the new Rockstar Launcher exe:s to run as admin. I can't be certain which one's are necessary, but I was fed up with the crashing and didn't feel like testing.

Edit: I play online alone.

9. Snapwolf

Snapwolf Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB
    Just played Story Mode for 1 hour and there's no crashes

10. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    This is an app bug. We have already notified the developer.

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    While online or offline?

12. Snapwolf

Snapwolf Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB
    Online Steam version
    Tried on both 436.30 and 436.48, Story Mode has no issues but when I play Online it crashes after 5 minutes
    I'm on 436.15 right now and no issues with Online

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The fact some users have no issues is the reason I'm investigating 2 specific conditions.

The possibility that R* is using a TCP api poorly and momentary network issues is allowing garbage data into the process (Or Windows 10 specific TCP engine differences)
    or
    Social Clubs cloud save feature (which is no longer configurable i might add) is causing a File Read error (also comes under access violations) due to windows 10 specific File system or Defender interaction.

The -scofflineonly switch stops the crashing
    Running it on Windows 7 has no crashing.

There are of course the usual few who get device lost errors, but these are not the majority of the reports on steam
    These usual few are creating an echo chamber and as usual obfuscating the more wide spread issue in the game client though.

I suspect GTAV.exe and SocialClubHelper.exe as admin would be sufficient.

14. IronRush

IronRush Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Ultra
    I can't buy that, ManuelG. If I changed my nvidia driver to 435.27 the bug is almost 100 percent fixed.

15. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Getting constant crashes after this driver in Destiny 2.

Going to roll back and see if it fixes the issue.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It really doesn't matter what you accept, you're not a developer and frankly (most people) don't understand whats actually gone on between then and now.

Putting it simply: There was a flaw in the nvidia hdr api or the developer used undefined behavior in their implementation, a change to fix or add new HDR capabilities to the driver broke the game developers implementation and reversing nvidia's change would be detrimental to the future function of the api.

The game developer must fix their game.

yasamoka likes this.
  17. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Sorry for the misunderstanding: I haven't changed admin mode for any of the exe:s in the old Social Club Folder (none of them are run as admin), only the exe:s in new Rockstar Launcher folder have been altered.
    I, like you, suspect GTA5.exe would be sufficient. It's just a matter of having the time/energy to test.

Edit: I should add that it's somewhat peculiar that my Launcher log shows a crash (0xc0000005) after 14-16min after I pressed play in the launcher.
    I've seen others stating longer periods before crashing, but this was consistent for me.

Note: I use the "-StraightIntoFreeMode" parameter.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  18. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Division 2 still crashes under dx 12 mode so definitely not fixed. Other users on the Division forums reporting crashes to desktop also.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Damn. Haven't tried it myself yet but will as soon as possible and report for my part.

-Tj- likes this.
  20. Jeny

Jeny Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080TI
    Anyone?