Download: AMD chipset driver revision 1.9.27.1033

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2019.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Good post, thanks :)

2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    On Ryzen and recent versions of Windows 10 core parking is enable only if the power saving plane is selected on Windows, at least on default registry settings. Using balanced power plane will not enable core parking on recent versions of Windows 10, even if set 0% for the minimum value (which will be ignored according to the minimum power saving value detected at boot time.. you can find it in the system event log). Core parking is useless, especially on desktop, so it's not a big deal.. Core parking is also correctly detected by the task manager, if a core parking time is long enough, you will be able to see it just putting the mouse cursor upon the graphs..

Just because is set to 3900 MHz it doesn't consume the same if the core are most of the time in idle state then under computational processing. Yes, lowering the frequency (and the v-core) helps a lil bit in power saving, but most of the power is consumed only on loading times.
    Just leave it to default balanced (or Ryzen Balanced) and lower the minimum power value if it doesn't satisfied your idle power requirements.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  3. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Having lower V and about 10 C less when i use the power saving profile (set to 0/100, vs 99/10)0 is fine for me to do non gaming tasks.
    i dont need 6 cores to clock at 3.6 ghz to surf the net, just because it takes 1ms longer for cores to wake up.

and if any stating it will impact gaming, should have read my post properly.
    i never recommended power savings profile for gaming, and i use/tell ppl to use around 15-20% for min (or track cpu load and use a little more than avg),
    and 100% for max on the balanced profile, and switch to that when gaming/encoding etc.
    but i still see lower V/temps, without any negative impact on fps vs 99/100.

4. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    well using ryzen balanced leaving it to 90 minimum as set default still downclocks in idle, so is fine for me like this. The max power is set 100 by default on that profile

5. Hear Hear! :cool:

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Pardon my extremely noob question, do I simply install this chipset driver for my X570 Aorus Xtreme? Do I need to uninstall anything first? This is my first AMD build since the good old Phenom II (X6 1100T) and Bulldozer (FX8350) days (had both rigs at the same time)

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  7. Not a noob question at all - I have a tendency to uninstall/clean install. It's not required; AMD's intention is to allow "in-place upgrades" with all drivers. No harm no foul. The only reason I uninstall, is to erase any settings I have modified that AMD defaults resolve in newer updates.

fry178 likes this.
  8. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    having 10*C higher cpu temp (idle and not using machine) shows that the cpu DOES consumer more power
    compared to running the power saving profile.
    so saying you dont need do it is fine, claiming it wont make a difference on power/temps is wrong, and even with min set to 0 and max set to 50% on my 3600, i havent seen lag or stutter
    for everyday stuff like browsing/office etc.

and again: just so my rig is 1 micro sec more responsive, i wont waste energy to do so
    (yeah, we really need the cpu to boost to 4.2 ghz to surf the web), as im old enough to be able to switch between profiles
    (power saving/balanced) depending on use.

9. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    So do you double click the thing as soon as it is downloaded or do you need to go into safe mode like with graphics drivers and uninstall etc?

10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    You can install over top just fine.

11. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Yeah, works fine that way.
    Do recommend installing the win 1909 update from dvd/usb.
    Download the iso, use rufus to make a usb installer and run it from within windows while offline.

12. lol - what have i done...

insp1re2600 likes this.
  13. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    ha, i uninstall old and clean out just the same, but aware its overkill for general use.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  14. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    For drivers, yes.
    For win, different story :rolleyes:

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Eithers fine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/a9q96u/is_the_ryzen_balanced_power_plan_still_relevant/

Ive just gone back to the Recommended Balanced, as on checking my CPU speed in the Task Manager, on the Ryzen Balanced Plan, my 3700X is doing around 4.20GHz, where as on the Recommended Balanced, its only doing around 3.20GHz, and im getting the same performance.

16. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Having set min/max to 0/50% (locking my 3600 @2.2) for power saving profile has ZERO impact on anything but gaming, and even then only on games like FPS or when using dsr to run racing/flying games @4k.

But i dont have my cpu acting like its on meth boosting to 4.2 just because i opened chrome, and having +10C higher temps (avg. Running 240 eisbär) and higher voltage.

17. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Getting a "missing script" error installing the January 2020 drivers on my Ryzen 7 3750H laptop :(

JSebastian likes this.
  18. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    no prob on my desktop.

19. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I use 1usmus power plan, so far i like it, keep my processor very responsive
    I have and Ryzen 3800.

20. JSebastian

JSebastian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS DUAL OC RX-580
    So am I... Just tried installing it a few minutes ago and I keep getting the same error... This is the first time that this has ever happened with any AMD drivers...