Core i9-9900KS Spotted at etailer costs 679 euros

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 27, 2019.

1. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
  2. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    I lived to see the day when something popular is readily available all across Europe, and it's nowhere to be found and overpriced in US.

It's usually the other way, with EU citizens paying through their nose for something that is dirt cheap in US.

3. Hey thanks for that article - I enjoyed it.

Man this turned into a 3900X debate .. *whew* well as is the case often times with product launches if you didn't get in with initial orders; patience. Things will return back down to MSRP, it could take a while (it sure did with video cards during mining) but the point is if the money is that important - then keep what you have & enjoy it a little longer. I don't see this as some "ulterior" strategy by corporations such as AMD. In the end sure the cut-back might be higher for some of the inventory. I believe it's an annoyance to deal with for everyone seller & buyer alike; OEMs likely want to avoid this if possible..

airbud7 likes this.
  4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Please provide proof of these users claiming $300. No one claimed that and this post is pure hyperbole.

nizzen and airbud7 like this.

5. Noufel

Noufel Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti xtrem
  6. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Why do you put "intel boyz" in the sentence ?
    Most of the time there is no "fanboys". People either want the fastest for spesific tasks, or most "value" for the money.

I'm a performance "fanboy", and buy what is fastest or/and overclock the most. Now I have Amd 1950x, 3900x and Intel 9900k and 7980xe. I don't care what other people think about hardware. I buy what I want anyway, and that should others do too ;)

Undying likes this.
  7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seems about right.

Surprised they didn't release a new socket just for that CPU to milk some more.

8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Psst... PSST! You guys want to buy some illegal secrets? Okay, listen up... the 3900X is often not in stock because, wait for it, people are finally happy to buy reasonable performance for a price that doesn't violate them both physically and morally after 11 years of Intel fracking the world.

Of course the 3900X is going to sell like hot cakes. Imagine if AMD was king instead of Intel and sandbagged for a decade charging you anything they could get away with, then Intel offered greater performance at a price that doesn't seem insane compared to the rival's past monopoly. People would be all over that faster than they are with the 3900X.

That's some random scalper not NewEgg themselves. Same for the crap on Amazon. Even if it ever lists the price as something dumb that's just the algorithm sucking and when it's actually for sale it'll be roughly around MSRP. I bought my 3900X when there was "no stock" as well, and in the end I got it for Canadian MSRP which was $700 (not including the metric ass-ton of Amazon credits/gift card cash I had), even though conversion rates would have made it $650. We always pay the "eat crap and die" tax.

Every time AMD so much as mentioned I always expect the same handful of dipshits to run in and start ranting about something that's not only wrong, but usually no one gives a crap to hear. This time it comes with some projection to something that doesn't exist. "Here come the AMD fans." That's not a thing here, shut the frack up. When AMD screws up the FIRST ones to voice their concern or frustration are the AMD owners.

And in case that was unclear I wasn't directing that at you, just an old man yelling at the clouds.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    @Neo Cyrus you did come into a Intel CPU thread. What exactly did you expect?

airbud7 likes this.

11. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    This 9900KS is a beast imagine overclocking it to 5.8 or 5.9 ghz on all cores lol.

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You're joking right?

Neo Cyrus and moo100times like this.
  13. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    My lovely 8700k has been a real champ for almost 2 years now(dec '17)! Along with an Asrock EX4 Z370.

Most stable and awesome (oc'ed)system I owned so far. BUT:

That damn upgrade bug somehow managed to find my secret hide-out again! I can hear it buzzing around trying to find a way in.. :p

And after this news also, the 9900KF is looking a lot sweeter atm..

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    airbud7 and Loophole35 like this.
  14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    no i am not :)

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Uh... you do realize it's a binned 9900K, right? There'd have to be a massive die shrink AND a huge change to the architecture to push its frequencies that high. The power requirement for 5.8GHz on a 9900 would be so high that trying to OC it to that if it were possible would be the same as threatening to nuke the earth.

Aura89 likes this.

16. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    This place is turning into Wccftech. Quality of posts took a nose dive on this website in the last couple of years.

17. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    For the news post reaction, yes i agree. People quality of posting went down.
    The website stays the most respectable and the one i like most.
    I think i opened it every time i got on internet since 3dfx voodoo days and for sure everyday since mobile internet exists.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Pricing these days... and I even live in a wealthy country, where the prices of HW stand in a reasonable relation to incomes.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Shortages are causing the price hikes. Simple as that, supply and demand.

You don't have to be here. Simple as that, if you don't like what's going on here don't post.

20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    you need to learn to agree to disagree like we all do here....