[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 - 19H2 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Chastity, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    This update did a strange thing for me. It applies up to 30%, restarts, then kicks into Automatic Recovery, does a Diagnostic, then starts up and aborts the update. If I reapply, does the same thing again. I had to apply it, force power off when it attempts to go into Auto Recover, and then let it boot up and then it finishes applying the update. Weird.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    insignficant issue compare to issue windows has with updates and it build updates at this point other then that payment info screw up

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Try running SFC /SCANNOW and if any file is found broken, run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Maybe some system file is missing/broken.
    I had such thing happen on bad Windows installs, were, the system itself worked just fine, just not the updates.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Jackalito likes this.

5. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
    ESD downloads for 19H2 build 18363.356 (32bit) (64bit) [for real folks :D]

Jackalito likes this.
  6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Just a heads up, SFC would b0rk (fail integrity check) constantly in regards to .385, even after a DISM /RestoreHealth. Then I just got .387 update, and now it passes SFC checks. \o/

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Winblows®
    LOL.

I guess the update itself was the problem, not the system.
    Good it got worked on!

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Seems like it was a hotfix.

9. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks, I install this build (RTM, last week of September = Final Build) using ESD to ISO. just wow, everything is smooth now.
    (A CPU may have multiple “favored” cores (logical processors of the highest available scheduling class). To provide better performance and reliability, we have implemented a rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores).
    [​IMG]

Update: 18363.387 is the RTM build, downloading it now.
    Source: https://quickfever.com/windows-10-iso-download/#update-1903-to-1903-guide

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That change is for cpu's that don't exist in mainstream yet.

11. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Any idea roughly when Windows 10 Media Creation Tool 1909 will be released?

chr!s likes this.
  12. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    ehh, I’m pretty certain this new feature adds the much needed core awareness for Ryzen 3000 CPU’s.

13. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    I believe the latest AMD chipset drivers fixed the allocation of the cores but it's good to be at the core of the Windows as well.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Afaik, Ryzen do not employ "multiple" favoured cores like the skylake x it has a single favoured core.

Threadripper 3 is quite likely to be the first amd part to support 'multiple' favoured cores.

Corrected by TPU:

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There won't be one, the 1903 update will simply serve the user with 1909 as this will be pulled as a CU.

16. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    not sure if anyone else has experience this issue but all TCP type internet traffic is for some reason extremely slow with this update, I have 2gbps internet connection and when performing any type of downloading the speeds are extremely slow, removing the update and im back to normal stable speeds, only seems to effect TCP traffic and not UDP stuff. very strange issue.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    anything tcp wise in 19h2 will also be affected in 19h1.

18. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    could be related to the way the build does TCP window scaling? just a guess.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is just going to be a random question that's kind of off-topic I think, but maybe not?

I have an Xbox One S controller, and when plugging it into my main pc and laptop via usb cable it would make the rumble motors inside buzz very quickly once , then when the light turns on it would buzz again for a little longer then stop.

I had the controller plugged into my pc when I updated Windows 8.1 to most recent, and when installing Windows 10 followed by whatever updates it gobbled up the second it saw internet..... I am just wondering does Microsoft push firmware updates to Xbox One S controllers via windows update?

Now when I plug the controller in it only does the quick rumble and not the longer one once the light comes on, tested on pc and laptop to double check... it's not doing it like it used too.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Update via PC
    Update your controller on a Windows 10 PC by using the Xbox Accessories app:

1. Get the app from Microsoft Windows 10 by searching for "Xbox Accessories."
    2. Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
    3. Connect your Xbox One Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
      Note You'll be prompted to update to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition if you haven't yet done so.
    4. When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.
      Note You can also go to Device Info to check for an update.
    Notes

• The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10.
    • Controllers that don't have a built-in 3.5-mm audio port must be updated using a USB connection and must have the Windows 10 TH2 Update (or later).
    • Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.
    • Bluetooth requires a PC running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. See Windows Update: FAQ to learn how to get the latest Windows update.

https://support.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter