Core i9-9900KS Spotted at etailer costs 679 euros

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Master Koekie

Master Koekie Member

GPU:
    XFX 7970Ghz
    more lolz

2. Master Koekie

Master Koekie Member

GPU:
    XFX 7970Ghz
    more lolz

3. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    still haven't heard of 1 person in my area that doesn't reach 5.0 on all cores..at least not people who understand how to build a pc with proper cooling (kryonaut,aio, watercooling etc...)

4. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    *Quickly buys stock in fire extinguisher manufacturers*
    On a more serious note, I'd hold off on this chip, as it's merely stop-gap. Just the same thing you were buying months and months ago when the 9900K originally hit, this is just pre-binned and promised to hit those nice 5ghz numbers. That is, until you fail to cool it or the VRM throttles the chip due to fatigue/heat/cheap board syndrome*. If you have a really great board, overdone cooling and so-forth, and do not wish to bother with overclocking - then great. That being said, with AMD selling for much much less (nearly half the price) a chip that does 90~95% what this one's doing, on a newer platform (with the ability to put a 16-core 32-thread monster on said platform), I find this a tough sell. Besides, Silicon Lottery has been offering the same thing for quite some time now. So I'd wait for a sale as... it's more of the same from intel, just a very mediocre increase for much more money. Same thing different day.
    *Those using any cooler that differs from the stock down-draft style cooler (of course, the majority of us!), might wish to point a fan at your VRM if your board is of even slightly questionable VRM quality, it'll help it live longer.

As-per the AMD off-topic bit on supply and demand, well, I don't even think AMD could have guessed that the 3000 series Ryzen processors - especially higher end ones like the 3900x and to a lesser extent the 3700x would sell nearly as well as they did. Even Micro Center was giving me 50$ off my dirt-cheap bottom-shelf Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4, 3 weeks after it released. Then all of a sudden, most of the deals disappeared and so did most of the AMD processor stock! From looking at the Mind Factory (German retail site), if it's any indication of the larger market along with my AMD stock, the (higher end) 3000 series is flying off shelves better than even AMD had planned on. That said, I wouldn't pay a penny over MSRP for any company's parts...
    Let's just keep fingers crossed this rumored "3900 non-x" makes it to stores, and makes it there soon, so those of us that want 12 or 16 cores of chip have a chance to get one for a humane price.

If this is going to be a common answer from intel (taking higher TDP faster clocked chips and selling them pre-overclocked), we're all going to have to register our new intel PC's with the local fire department and hang smoke alarms immediately above them :x ...
    Competition benefits everyone - even this news site! Hooray.

5. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Are you using avx and uncore offsets? because 5ghz high load is not something every chip easily reaches and the cooling needed is in the 200-300W area.
    Something like a very good 280 or 360 watercooler is mandatory.

It would not surprise me that the overall overclock-ability of new 9900K will fall, if it has not allready, because all the good chips are going to be renamed to 9900KS and sold for more money.

6. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    For gaming, 5Ghz is not a problem for most people. Battlefield V is using AVX :)

People with most problems with 9900k, don't have it. I have a binned 9900k @ 5,3 ghz (390 apex)when playing BF V. No problem, and then 9900ks should not have any problems too.

Ran a average 9900k @ 5ghz with a "cheap" asus 390-f, and it ran perfectly stable :)

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    MSRP is the only thing that matters, if a store is charging above MSRP, be upset with the store, not the company producing the product.

Right...what's your definition of "gaming"?

AMD 12-core = $499
    Intel 12-core = $1189

You're trying to compare completely irrelevant products to eachother to try to "award them a trophy"

Good job making up nonsense dude.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  8. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    You must be uninformed about the fact that in many countries, AMD is outselling Intel 3 or 4 to 1. Yes, they sell like hell. And as the 3900X is probably the most anticipated product in the Zen 2 lineup and has less stocks, retailers try to raise their prices. However, it is so funny to read your cries as a milked 2080 Ti owner, who purchased his card for $1100 or even 1200. :D Even most NV owners can say that AMD CPUs are a better choice now, but you still go full retard. :D

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  9. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Leave him. He is an owner of a product initially overpriced to milk people like him, and retailers were not selling it for $1000 but for 1100 or 1200. :D

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    One more post as well about this very image.

Good job going to the HIGHEST OFFER on amazon and making it look like it's the price "amazon" (of which amazon isn't even selling any 3900x processors, it's all third party sellers) is selling at.

here here let me do it too!

[​IMG]

Man, 12-core processor vs an 8-core processor and virtually the same price!? My god!

Aw danget, i took too much of the picture and clearly are showing the fact that it's on the 5th page, unlike yours. I'm too transparent i guess.

And! you clearly marked the arrival date as though it's long, you took the highest price on amazon with the longest time. And while there are no MSRP priced 3900x on Amazon, there are clearly 2-day shipping listings:

[​IMG]

So guess what?

I have awarded you with the trophy of Most fabricated postings for the end of September 2019. Congratulations!

11. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Just your basic average computer shop in the Netherlands

[​IMG]

https://azerty.nl/product/amd/3940002/ryzen-9-3900x-processor-3-8-ghz-4-6-ghz-

1)
    3 pieces in stock IN THE SHOP
    46 pieces available at the supplier
    2)
    "Order now until 11pm, next workday delivered at home" (that is Monday)

Or this one: https://www.megekko.nl/product/0/261299/AMD-Ryzen-9-3900X
    "Levertijd: 2 werkdagen (dinsdag)" - Tuesday

And the same in Germany and some other countries I checked.
    https://www.alternate.de/AMD/Ryzen-...oduct/1553398?campaign=Sockel+AM4/AMD/1553398
    "Delivery between Mon. 30th. And Tue. 01. October"

They are in stock in a lot of places all across Europe.
    ... at or near the MRSP (+ EU VAT, unfortunately)

Maybe it's more difficult in US, but I really don't think so.

Please stop the FUD about 3900X not being available anywhere or the complete overpriced shops.
    Maybe that was the case in August, but it's no longer the case in September.

I for one already use a 3700X and it's enough for me, I don't need a 3900X or higher, not really doing that heavy work with my PC, so 8 fast cores more than enough to last me 2-3 more years.

12. Ambient

Ambient Member

GPU:
    intel now you are total failed :D

13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    all you can type is "lolz" ....? ...your pass 3 post has said the same thing...please get a keyboard that has the entire alphabet.

14. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    LIES LIES ,unstable for sure. Its needs alot of voltage to his 5ghz all core with avx on. Most 9900ks will have a offsets and will run 5ghz at something like 1.3ish but with avx on at 5ghz then you are looking atlest 1.4ish or higher.

15. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Same posts from you as usual:
    Same toxic story all the time.... Sad life
    https://forums.guru3d.com/members/angushades.176436/

Ignore is a nice function :D

airbud7 likes this.

16. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    No worries I just don't want ppl to get uninformed that's all. Truth hurts buddy.

17. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    he was just pointing out your post show a disgruntled person...that's OK though, we all have a bad day every now and then...myself included.

18. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    Oh i'm no tho, I'm just telling the truth mate. no need to jump to ya buddies defence. I find it funny how i'm call toxic when i pointing out the truth. Fun Fact - 95% of overclockes on computers are not stable. You give them a 24hour prime stress test with axv enabled and you will crash.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  19. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Don't forget that there are few silicone lottery winners with golden chips ( 9900KS basicaly) that will clock very high , I know that the wast majority does not , my brother's 9900K only goes to 4.9GHz with safe temperatures and voltage on pre build water cooling kit . So It is possible that Nizzen is telling the truth he could be one of the lucky owners with a very good chip , and the 14nm process from Intel is mature to perfection at this point .

20. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Now where are the " brand enthusiasts " that have claimed that this CPU is going to cost 300$ ? Oh I know eating your own hat now , i bloody hate fanidiots .