Free to grab : 6 Free Batman Games from Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by SpajdrEX, Sep 19, 2019.

1. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    LOL people are so callow. A simple free game and the haters pop up and start hating. I guess If I were standing on the sidewalk handing out free $100 amazon gift cards, the haters would start saying I don't kiss their ass enough to give it to them. Amazing.[​IMG]

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hahaha! agree^......now where's my free beer you promised me?......:D

NewTRUMP Order likes this.
  3. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Can you validate that statement? What, in your experience, makes the Epic launcher "barely functional"?

4. It has cooties damnit

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Exactly, and not just one. So far 30+ for free. It's not a bad deal, heck I've paid quite a bit money for SNES games back in the day.
    Once a game is installed there is actually no need to even use the launcher, simply use the shortcut and they both start, very easy, don't even have to hunt for patches on your own these days, download winzip etc
    Some games in the past used be so that if you needed a patch you might need to download 6 or so individual files and patch them up in order. First to 1.01, the to 1.02 etc etc

NewTRUMP Order likes this.
  6. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Free games are not enough of an incentive to get me to support epic store in any way. They launched like assholes and continue to act like assholes while providing no benefit to the customers. The platform has barely matured since it launched, and they just keep back pedaling on their road map. People easily bribed with free games are falling into the trap they are setting. This is a psychological sales tactic, be smarter people.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if they was giving away free cars to all that signed up people would complain. I dont like what Epic did but free is free. and just cause people get the free games dont mean that obligated to buy from them either..

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I already have the Epic launcher for other free games, so it's not a problem for me. Added this lot to my library now. No issues. Not sure what the problem is.

9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Yet they don't charge as much as Steam for each game sold. Certainly that is a good thing, perhaps the almost monopoly-like situation with Steam is not the most optimal, be it for costumers or developers

I'm sure WB made quite a bit money from Epic on this, and that in turn can help them to develop more Batman games or whatever they have planned.

Currently replaying Knight, and happy to see that they added the DLC to it too in the end.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    By Epic having PC exclusives they are creating another Monopoly-like situation though. I feel that Steam is more optimal because they allow games that Epic does not like that small niche market. GOG is the same way.

11. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Yes, I get that point, however, it is also a message to Steam that perhaps it's time to change how they take of the sale. If Epic grows rapidly then Steam must adjust, and in time we get the games on both or more platforms/launchers

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You know, you could stop with OMG EPIC BAG MUH STEAM GEWD talk. It's doing nothing for anyone.

airbud7, yasamoka and warlord like this.
  13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    ...the worst case scenario and problem, is not the amount of programs but the amount of accounts and credentials/passwords. I have all launchers with same email and password, SO I DO NOT EVEN CARE IF IT IS BANANA OR APRICOT OR APPLE OR PINEAPPLE, etc.

14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    People moaning about getting free games. Just wow.

airbud7 and warlord like this.
  15. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Try using a password manager, like Lastpass. I started using it during an overhaul of my security practices after one of my accounts was broken into and I've never looked back (it's also convenient when you need to manage a large number of accounts). Now, whenever I set up a new account I enter the info into Lastpass so I don't need to remember it - the only password I need to remember is the Lastpass password. It's also more convenient than manually entering your username and password - the Chrome extension auto-fills it on PC, and I use my thumb to authenticate and auto-fill on my phone.

airbud7 and warlord like this.

16. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    The exclusives suck , on the other hand i fo not care if steam or epic get my money when i want a game the one that sells it cheaper will get my money , that said steam has more chances to be the final winner for example if the game is mod friendly ( mount and balde is a good example) the steam workshop is almost an instant win