1.0.0.3 ABB Thread

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Astyanax, Jul 31, 2019.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Yeah, but by then everyone will have AGESA AC/DC, while you'll have the "old" ABBA.;)

HandR, CPC_RedDawn and Jackalito like this.
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I think I will wait it out if I only have to wait til October.

I laughed a little too much at this comment.... :oops::D

anticupidon likes this.
  3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @CPC_RedDawn that was a once in your life time opportunity - so I took it, hook, bait, sinker and all the line...

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I'm a bit out of the loop, what's the major change in... ABBA? Boost clocks?

I got so tired waiting for ABB from ASRock that I kind of phased out once it was "finally" available, heh.

5. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    I went from ABB to ABBA on my 3700X + ASUS X570-E Gaming combo last week and it's been good so far. Noticed no change in real life performance but at least now in games I am seeing few cores very occasionally hit the advertised 4.4GHz. Biggest difference though is my idle voltage which now properly goes down to 0.9-1.1V even with software such as Corsair iCue running in the background. Interestingly enough after ABBA update running older version of Ryzen Master idle voltage was sitting around 1.2V (which was still an improvement) but going to the newest version it now sits (as I mentioned earlier) 0.9-1.1V under peak reading and as low as 0.48V under average which makes me think they've changed the behaviour of Ryzen Master itself as well.

6. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    From what I understand its a lot more stable, and better voltages, especially at idle.

7. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Mamma Mia! Just a heads up MSI have updated their Bios update pages with the ABBA bios (At least they have for my board that I don't have a CPU or any RAM to use yet... soon™)

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Strange: Before the ABBA update the MSI B450 Mortar which I have in my HTPC booted just fine Linux OS. Now, the system broke down and pinpointed the error somewhere between MSI AGESA, and the AMD driver stack from the latest kernel.
    Will try to install a distro with a LTS kernel, see what happens.

9. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    That was a good video,shockingly bad for AMD and MSI plus all motherboard Manufactures.More people need to actually see these videos telling the truth on how it really is when your new system is useless.
    It is amazing how bad it can get on such high end gear,where you could expect some minor problems on new gear but not to that extent of this garbage.
    Kool64 Had troubles like these or similar ,must be the most frustrating thing ever.

Not trying to be mean here but the video was also very funny in a sad way.

12. Ripcord

Ripcord Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6500xt
    today's video is sponsored by Intel lol

13. Ripcord

Ripcord Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6500xt
    looks to me like the water pump inst working on that system

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    The BIOS with new AGESA 1003 ABBA that must improve boost for Ryzen 3000 available for download through the BIOS EZ-Flash utility for C7H. Not published on the website yet.
    Check if your motherboard has an update too.
    Share your results!

HeroVI non wifi's accompanying version
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/38jvi3uuq1esnlt/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-0075.rar?dl=0

C6h wifi bios to fix the random dram oc boot issues:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx1w31xdasl5pgw/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-WIFI-AC-ASUS-0075.rar?dl=0

Source -> https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112279-X370-X470-AGESA-1003AB-Bioses/page88#post784979

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I think the CPU is actually faulty in that video.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I love you.... have I ever said that?

well I do.... :oops::D:p

17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, it seems that I also rushed to praise MSI and the latest ABBA AGESA.
    I'll explain:
    On the MSI B450 Mortar I had Linux installed and ran flawless. After I flashed the latest AGESA, in BIOS I was able to push the hardware more than before but didn't bothered to get into the system to test even more.
    After the microcode update, there is a stupid big for APUs and amdgpu which throws an error message and the system halts at a recovery console.
    The only way to circumvent this is by using Fedora and Wayland which bypassed the amdgpu error.
    This is what I tested until now, I haven't had too much time to dive deeper.
    Flashed back the previous BIOS version, but the CPU /mobo acts the same, no luck.
    So much for being on the edge.

18. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Gigabyte just released ABBA now on most the 400 series boards it seems. Tried it on my b450 aorus m (with ryzen 3600x), not only the expected clock "fixed" but also the triggered pci-e whea errors are gone for me.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  19. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    I installed the ABBA bios today. Been working great so far, no problems at all. Highest clock before being reported by afterburner polling every 2 seconds from a day of use was usually 4525-4575. It's showing 4625 today. Idle voltage seems good.

20. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6950XT
    Asus CH8 has new ABBA BIOS. Used Flashback to apply it. No hassle and works.