Free to grab : 6 Free Batman Games from Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by SpajdrEX, Sep 19, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Yah like said I not fan of all these "launchers" but the Batman trilogy for the pc for free? I played crap out them on ps3 and ps4, And I am NOT a fan of batman games or batman, but I like the Dark knight version of batman and this trilogy

XenthorX and airbud7 like this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Those batman games are unique, spent hours on them, played 'Knight' a couple times over.

3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Jesus sure people hate on epic , i guess is ok just do not install and snatch the free games ,i did! I will be a hypocrite to say i do not get it , i will never touch anything EA and apple offers even if they are for free .

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    People like me have reasons for hating Epic is because of their PC exclusives that is all. Also at this point most people already own those games already either on Steam or on Console or both so they don't need to go to Epic for those games. Like I said before this is a good deal for those who do not own the games and never played them before.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have reason to hate them too but not as much as hate for EA and pull all there games from anything but there launcher. Not fan of this exclusive to certain launcher either. but in 5 years every publisher under the sun is gona be in on this "launcher" thing which isnt really good thing for pc people unless they like juggling 30 user/passwords for all game collection... Steam is still my go to place for PC one user/pass for 100+ games I have there.

6. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That's why I use a password manager. ;) I also use Google Authenticator for 2FA on all my launchers except for Steam.

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'd made a rather hasty decision of pre-ordering CP2077 on Steam a while back, didn't think to wait for it to be available for pre-order on other platforms. As stated, I do support EGS by purchasing some games from them, with their generous freebies, I've just realized that I've not gotten any such freebies on Steam. I think Uplay has freebies, but trial and demo versions of games offered are hardly enticing.

I'm hoping that Origin follow suit with some good freebies, if EGS offers more such goodies, and sells games that I want, for sure I'll support them with my purchases. I have a 4TB and a 2TB SSD for my fave games, or games I play often, but having freebies like this (downloaded all six Batman games, plus some freebies previously like Mutant Year Zero Road to Eden, I'm pretty glad I have a 6TB WD Black for my other games, plus these 6 awesome freebies. Looking forward to more!

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Oh, don't get me wrong: I'm not ranting here, apps if I came across like that.

I'm mainly speaking about the UI/UX of the platform, not the underlying code - and with 5+ years of launcher experience, there is no excuse. Furthering that, Epic are a software development company with lots of very talented staff working for them.

5 years+...with the resources they have got...this is what they present to the consumer? There is no excuse for this - and I would like to know the reason, not the excuse. Y'see? I do not want to read peoples' rants anymore than you do; I want to read the actual reason for their ineptitude. I'm on your side; I just do not think your realise it!

As for software development - I actually own a software development company! But you are correct in the understanding of my experience of coding, hence why I hire programmers and let them get on with their job without me standing over their shoulder!

No, you cannot have a web link - my private life and Guru3D life shall always remain independant, for obvious reasons. No doubt someone will figure it out one day, but not today.

rl66 likes this.
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Ubi game on Steam needed (as now it is past game) to download Uplay and launch the game (benefit to download on Steam were already nil)
    Blizzard have some old one on GOG but doesn't have game on Steam, exept if they lost the licence as Destiny 2 that is own again by Bungy: the 29th of october battle.net will not be abble to launch Destiny 2 that will be only on Steam.
    GOG Galaxy is cool (i will not talk about Galaxy 2 wich is REALLY cool but under discretion depending build) as you may download from Gog without DRM some game bought on Steam with DRM.
    Origin and Epyc prioritise their own production but are "open" to other editors, Epic is better due to ind game and free game.
    Every launcher allow you to add custom games, it is just done by different way from one to other.

10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    It depend also what are the dev priorities... i don't think that they have put lot of ressource on Epic launcher since so long... i think that they have really started to put them, when Fornite started to be a mondial success.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    nothing will ever beat GOG...it's almost like they hire game pirates and then charge money!

It just works.

HandR likes this.
  12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I make it a personal rule to never pre-order games - I wait for official reviews at the very least. I've gotten burned by preorders a few times so I try to avoid it.

It's obvious that they only recently shifted to selling third party games - it's not like they were working solely on the launcher for the past half decade. And frankly, I don't see a whole lot of difference between the Epic launcher and many others, and as long as it does its basic job - allowing users to buy and play games - I don't see a major issue (you make it sound like it's barely functional).

13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah same here the only game that I pre-ordered and lucked out with in recent memory was Bloodstained Ritual of the Night and that as for a discount. I also for the most part don't get games as soon as they launch I made the mistake with Diablo 3 and I couldn't even play that on launch. Granted there are a few acceptations to the rule for both pre-orders and getting games on launch day.

14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It is barely functional.

MonstroMart likes this.
  15. AMOFA

AMOFA Guest

GPU:
    PS4
    Good to know....what about consoles?...That will be EPIC

16. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon

There's nothing insidious about it. It's called offering features to your client. And it puzzles me anyone would be against it. I welcome Epic Store with open arms too. Competition is good. But Epic needs to get their *** together and starts improving the client faster. In its current form it's almost unusable. As a "i got some games for free" client it's fine. But i would not want to have a library of 100+ games on it as there's no way to assign categories to your games and sort or filter them based on those categories (anyway not that i'm aware of and easily accessible from the UI). I'm a programmer myself and it would not be a feature hard to add and it's a required one for any serious client.

17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I would say it's not functional at all actually. I added the new Batman games but i already own two of them on Steam. I wanted to flag them as "will not play" games so i could filter them out of my library. Apparently you can't do that. That's a very very basic feature i would say i mean like really? The only filter available is installed and all ...

There's pretty much no options to manage your library. That's fine if you own 5 games you got for free. But if you start to seriously buy games with the client then it's a big problem for a lot of people out there.

18. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    That's the definition of 1st world problems. Oh noes, I have too many games.
    I owned all three on Steam before, DLC and all but gladly put them in another launcher too. Now up to about 35 games, surely they will upgrade the launcher anyhow..

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    this topic has been derailed, I think cleanup by moderators are in order hahah

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I like a future where developers (NOT publishers) can sell games directly to consumers using their own portal system (a launcher that JUST launches that one game) that one buys directly from the developers website.

PUBLISHERS DO NOT NEED TO EXIST.

Just as, retail does not need to exist, because we can buy whatever we want directly from the manufacturer(s). Need a TV, get it from the manufacturer etc. Retail does not need to exist, and neither do publishers of games. Publishers are a left-over/hold-over from the days before the internet. As the internet exists, publishers do not need to exist.

Once the NBA/FIFA/NFL/NHL/FIA realise this...they will open their own studio for a few million and self-publish their own games directly to the consumer...and EA will fall, with immediate effect.

warlord likes this.