Hard choice between I5 9400f and Ryzen R5 3600

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Halulam, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    At least you have the option of adding fans on the side if the VRM's do get too hot ;)

Do you have air conditioning, or are you running it at "Outside temps" ?
    I know it can get pretty hot in Algeria/ North Africa.

Halulam likes this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Where are you located?

3. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
  4. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    @anticupidon Algeria :(, that's why hardware stuff offers are lacking around here.

@Evildead666 Yes I have an air conditioner, but I use it only if it's an absolute necessity, when I can't handle the heat anymore.

that's why I am keeping this case as long as possible, side air intake are rare nowdays, even if it's ugly and has little room for cable management.

airbud7 and Evildead666 like this.

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Tough call, Amazon global won't deliver to your location. Do you have a friend who can buy for you in EU then send it to you?

6. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    OK, then i'd definitely go for the Asus Board with the heatsinks on both the VRM's.
    It could cause system instability, and frankly I don't know why motherboard makes cheap out on this so often...

Halulam likes this.
  7. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    Well it's hard to explain, but since our economical system is pretty restrictive and our local currency is not convertible, if I wanted to convert to dollars or euro I have to seek the blackmarket, which indirectly back criminal and illegal stuff, so I'am against it.

As I am starting to build my portfolio (as graphic designer), I have to upgrade part of my system, to be more effective with my work, a good portfolio will open more opportunities for me to get a decent job or even to work aboard, so that's the story behind this upgrade.

@Evildead666 Damn :(, if only the asrock b450m pro4 were available... seems to be the best compromise.

[​IMG]

8. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I almost got that board, except the left VRM for the CPU is only 3 Phases, whereas the Asus board has 4 Phases for the CPU.
    3 phases will run hotter than 4 phases usually.

This Google Docs Spreadsheet has just about all the info you could want on AM4 motherboards :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/edit#gid=2112472504

Halulam likes this.
  9. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    @Evildead666 OMG! that's a gold mine of a spreadsheet you got there, thanks for the link :D.

That explain why they opted for the heatsink... too bad because it looks good :(.

10. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Evildead666 likes this.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    a 4890k and 8 more gig's of ram would be cheaper.....a lot cheaper.

12. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    They are pretty expensive even for an used one, some people here are just too greedy, plus I need the extra cores and cache for my work.

13. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    if the 2666mhz kit is significantly cheaper, and you're really trying to squeeze your budget, might as well. Otherwise , the faster 3000 kit will still be using higher quality memory, so you'll be able to get more out of it (3200mhz probably doable)

Halulam likes this.