Yakuza 7 is a turned based RPG

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by dark_surge, Aug 29, 2019.

1. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Hey guys! This could be good (or bad) news for fans of the Yakuza series.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/29/20838026/yakuza-7-new-character-setting-combat-release-date

Personally, this really bums me out. The strategy RPG sections of the past couple games were my least favorite parts of the them and I didn't play much more than they required to progress the story. There's so few details right now about it so we don't really know if the entire game is going to be like this or maybe it'll be a combination of old plus new. Either way, I really hope they have a demo for the new game before it's released.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  2. I've heard it's supposed to be a combination of RT combat, as we know it from previous installments, with some turn-based mechanics similar to Final Fantasy.

3. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Here's a little more info on some of the mini-games that are going to be in the game as well as a very brief description of what the game play will be like:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/yakuza-7-mini-games-include-go-karts-slot-machines/1100-6469785/

As much as I wish the game would be an action game like the previous titles, summoning a crayfish to assist me in battle does sound a little intriguing. Also, here's hoping the mini-games also get an upgrade from previous titles as they've been a little hit or miss in the past.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    These games were too weird for me as they were, now that its turn based I'll never play another one.

5. I don't understand why are you guys so skeptical about some turn-based mechanics without even trying it first. I'm definitely gonna play this. I'd rather play it on PC with 60+FPS though...

dark_surge likes this.
  6. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    You're absolutely right. I shouldn't knock it until I try it. I'm still going to play it as well regardless, so I might as well stay optimistic.

**Added**

Here's a video showing some game play.

**Also added**

Here's an article with a few more details.

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/everything-we-know-about-yakuza-like-a-dragon-aka-/2900-3043/

In all honesty...the more I learn about the game the more I feel like I might like it. A new location, more mini-games (as well as many old ones), and a likable main character only add to the anticipation.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  7. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Very interesting change, I wonder what made them change?

Different game now.

dark_surge likes this.