Geforce Game Ready Driver 436.30 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Sep 10, 2019.

1. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Sirs, lady, and nvidia representative,

In comparison to 431.86

All games are at 4K. Max eye candy setting (minus DOF and Motion Bluur, AA set to TXAA or SMAA)

I can confirm that Volta GPU's take a 5-15% performance hit in
    Strange brigade VK
    Wolfenstein Young Blood VK
    Wolfenstein Colossus VK
    Rage II

I can also confirm a 5 to 10% in

Absulov U4
    Echo U4
    Agony Unrated U4

Deus Ex DX
    ROTTR DX
    SOTTR DX

SOTTR even with its meager shadow Ray Tracing implementation doesn't get smooth (60 FPS) till I go down to 2560x1440, that could also be because I use the larger texture sizes mod so that visually it closer to ROTTR, but I don't think so. Frankly the non ray tracing mode of SOTTR seems better to me and 100+ FPS at 4k seems visually more satisfying

Even with 431.86 or this driver control Ray Tracing seems to be way off:

Control runs faster and smoother on 431.86 than this driver. No FPS benchmark but definitely smoother without the stutter of drop in FPS in many scenes..

However

4k with HIGH for RTX only gets about 39FPS, one notch down RTX gets 44 FPS. Seems to become only FPS 60 playable at 2560x1440 and even then some scenes get inconsistent performance.
    I don't get 70+ FPS consistently -unless I go WAY DOWN to 1920x1080.
    1920x1080? that's like 14+ years ago.

There's no way yer selling RTX cards for ray tracing on the basis of running games at 1920x1080 ?!?

Rig for the basis of commentary and this opinion:

Asus c621e sage
    2x Xeon 8180M (56 cores / 112 HT)
    768GB of ram LRDIMM
    4x Titan V including Titan V CEO ed 32GB
    960pro nvme (OS)
    10x SSD Raid (4TB ea Samsung 860-Pro, 40TB)
    1600W PSU (digital) noiseless and 2nd PSU (digital) assist
    MS 2019 Data Center (no mitigations), Ubuntu
    P1 mini-ITX case (yes it's a miniITX case)
    Runs cool and very quiet.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Could be your rather unique configuration causes you rather unique issues. You're not mentioning a key detail of how you're try to use your SLI setup and what mods if any you are doing to enable unsupported (if that is what you're doing) modes. S. I'm not sure of the value of your input in attacking Nvida's RTX line based on that.

alanm likes this.
  3. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    I apologize, it not an attack. That's not how it was meant. It could be my configuration, but I am experiencing a drop in performance on my TITAN XP rig as well (handmedown to my wife)

If other folks at 4k (3840x2160 or 4096x2160) are getting 60+ FPS with full eye candy and Ray Tracing on High (without DLSS blurring), then I stand corrected.
    My apologies.

4. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

I had a pair of Titan RTX linked and returned them because the performance was lower than what I already had.Struggled and tried to get better performance out of them but could not, finally just gave up.

Now on occasion, I see certain driver iterations lower performance on the Voltas and lower performance on my other Titan Xp rig. This driver lowers performance on both (the 436.xx series).

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    No, NV is advertising RTX Lighting at 1080p@60 gameplay.

6. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

Understood, thank you. Just seems a step backward in 2019

I get 60+FPS at 1920x1080, I was just expecting better

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Agreed. I think Turing RTX was premature.

jura11 likes this.
  8. IronRush

IronRush Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Ultra
    Any news if the Mortal Kombat 11 flickering issue is fixed with this driver?
    Thanks.

9. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    SLI profiles, nice:
    Code:
    Added or updated the following SLI profiles:

•BattleTech
    •Dakar18
    •Deep Rock Galactic
    •Fe
    •Fear the Night
    •Heavy Rain
    •Nelo
    •Overkill's The Walking Dead
    •PC Building Simulator
    •Remnant: From the Ashes
    •Starlink: Battle for Atlas
    •Warhammer: Chaosbane

10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    There is no set specification or preferred manner in which IHVs are supposed to implement asynchronous compute in hardware. That's why AMD and NVidia's approach differs so much. But how developers implement it in their software is as far as I know, completely neutral. It's the driver that determines whether to run the code in parallel or serial mode.

AMD''s hardware implementation has more resources for asynchronous operations so the driver should automatically extract more parallelism from the code, than a comparable NVidia GPU. But that doesn't mean that it won't work on an NVidia GPU. The performance increase will just be smaller.

[​IMG]

11. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    After installing this driver I'm no longer able to use GeForce Experience overlay (Freestyle and Ansel) in No Man's Sky, not even after reverting to 436.15. Haven't tried other games yet.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This issue isn't going to be fixed in a driver, its up to MK11's devs to correct their implementation of NV specific hdr.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    MSI AB or RTSS open?

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Forza Motorsport 7 would crash during the loading screens for me on 436.02 and 436.15 but it loads to the menu and, more importantly, plays fine with 436.30 though I only tested a couple of races in two different vehicles so it isn't conclusive. However, since I couldn't play the game at all on the previous two drivers and now I (seemingly) can then I remain optimistic that the issue is fixed for me on my GTX 1080 Ti.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i think people need to remember to clear the DX Shader cache with disk cleanup, as well as not keep rtss open when updating drivers.

HoWxCoRe, JonasBeckman and Ohmer like this.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Shouldn't that invalidate with a newer driver if that changes? Also whenever the game itself updates though there are differences between AMD and NVIDIA here and I know AMD's existing caches weren't altered if the game updated even if this included changes to the shader files. (It does wipe the cache when installing a new driver however.)

Maybe a setting in NVCP or GFE could be used to reset/empty or well delete the existing caches for compatibility if it doesn't exist already to make such cases easier if there are problems with existing cached but no longer completely valid shaders because either driver or game data changes.

Just a theory, a check or mismatch and ignoring or making a new cache might also resolve the issue and then periodically cleaning out the older files although for most games it's probably not that big in terms of overall file size.
    Good to know though, easily forgotten too. :)

Afterburner and RTSS also apply though more for hooking into the GPU and then the driver installer does a reset on the card or wants to do stuff but the files might be locked or other advanced overrides so yeah that's clearly a good suggestion too particularly for background processes if it's started on boot and then just does it's thing it's also easily overlooked.

EDIT: Good info on async compute as well from before, should have realized the scheduler wouldn't just be able to do everything and it's actually down to coding well too when utilizing this feature and wanting to draw the utmost out of it.

EDIT: Well there's always more to learn or at least try to understand a bit about, good to keep options open as well for the next hardware upgrade whenever that can be a thing.

17. OATKK

OATKK Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    HOT FIX? Tomorrow ?

18. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    It's still there for me.

19. wasteomind

wasteomind Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    @ManuelG

Instant crash loading Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark with DLSS and RTX enabled.

0x887A0006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG.

The crash isn't always at startup though. It happens randomly, most often within an hour of playing or running the benchmark over and over.

Its not overclock related, I've tried resetting everything to stock. It's not overlay related, I've turned off Steam overlay, RTSS, Ansel, ect. I've tried the TrdDelay registry edit, it doesn't help. Why is this still an issue? RTX is unusable on a flagship GFX card. Unacceptable.

EVGA 2080ti (water cooled with Hydro copper block)
    I9 9900k (water cooled)
    Asus Maximus Hero XI (WI-FI)
    16 GB G.Skill 3200mhz DDR
    Windows 10 Pro version 1903 build 18362.356

EDIT: Now I'm getting crashes with DX12 enabled but no RTX or DLSS on. This didn't happen on 431.18

Astyanax and lukas_1987_dion like this.
  20. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090