Is the 3900X actually in stock anywhere in UK/Europe??

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by geogan, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Clanger

Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    thats plain taking the piss, sod aria :mad:

Ive just got another G5400 for 55quid and a H310C(R2.0) board that runs windows 7, good old CCL :D

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Thats maybe an option for me, i have the rest of the rig ready to instal in my TJ07, i loath to remove my current 2700k set up not knowing how long il wait for the 3900x. If i chuck in a cheap as chips CPU il just have that to swap out when the 3900x arrives.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
  4. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    It's been 36 days since I ordered mine. Still no exact delivery date.
    Mid September is the best I have seen on some of the BIG e-tailer's product pages her in Denmark.

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Well, im also waiting impatiently! Planning to do a powerhouse itx build, but not only is the 3900x not in stock anywhere the asus itx boards have yet to make an appearance.

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Gosh, I'm so sorry, I'd just reread my post and I get that you'd believed I was suggesting you do this, I wasn't....just recounting the experience here in my neck of the woods. I myself had gotten my 3900X from Canada Computers back when I was in Toronto. I'd read in the local forums while I was still there that it was impossible (or damn near impossible) to score a 3900X back in my home country.

7. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    in switzerland other than a handful "maybe" a handful it has never been in stock, pre-order people are going berzerk :(
    I was almost one of them but was waiting for a motherboard which fits my use better (lots of usb connected 10Gbit etc..)
    by the time brands presented all their motherboards problems started to pop-up so I cancelled my order and waited for more info

now we have this :
    https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/r...boost-clocks-with-different-motherboards.html
    and this
    https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/r...ior-in-favor-of-longevitysays-asus-staff.html
    and this

the fact that the 3900x which have the lowest % of reaching the advertised clock seem to be unavailable in most countries suggest they have fab/processing yield problems
    so for me the order is on hold, I don't build low-mid range cases and I'm not spending 2k+ into a computer in the current state of Ryzen 3000, the videogame industry gave me a violent allergy on "gambling" I'm not going to start "gambling" on cpu performance too
    I'm not an AMD hater, the X570 motherboards would be perfect for me but this is just not acceptable, it's clearly not mature, something to be expected when you move forward in technology rather than stall like Intel, but at this stage I'm not ready to "beta-test" Ryzen 3000

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    He should have rather do all core boost stats. And 4 cores loaded boost stats. Those have value. 1st for productivity, 2nd for gaming.

9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I think il cancel my order at Amazon and go for a 3800x

-Tj- likes this.
  10. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I wouldn't do that, but I do fell your pain. It's been 39 days since I ordered mine and I'm not expecting it until the end of the month.
    I just recently ordered a Noctua NH-U12A (when I get the 3900X the 2700X will be moved to my server instead of the 1800X along with the Noctua)
    and it's been pushed back for sept. 12 now. AMD is selling the Ryzen 3000 like hotcakes (at least in Germany).
    Besides it's only Wendell from Level1Techs that recommends the 3800X over the 3700X :)
    The 3800X is a binned CPU, but I honestly believe the 3900X will be of better value, unless you don't do any
    production, content or encoding work in a larger scale.

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    It will be under high end water, and in the grand scheme of things, for the cost and level of the rest of the rig sitting boxed in my mancave, the extra cost of the 3800x over the 3700x isnt a deal.

12. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    3700X vs 3800X isn't really about cost, but more about the non existing performance difference in games etc. I have also been tempted many times to get a 3800X, but I'm going to wait patiently for my 3900X.
    Edit
    Because I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

13. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    LDLC.com, a local website, has changed from "More than 15 days" to "7-15 days" for the 3900X

Incoming stock maybe ?

14. Ripcord

Ripcord Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6500xt
    Just checked them again and there out of stock £695.99 reduced to £653.99 deal for today, you really should have bought 2 :p.

15. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Why should i have bought one when ive got mine guaranteed at £499 when it comes into stock. Worst case scenario is i continue to use my 5ghz i7.

16. Ripcord

Ripcord Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6500xt
    i see them in stock at amazon for £560, whats the point of pre-ordering if your last in the queue to get one?

17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Man, I guess I have the luck of the Irish when it comes to hardware purchases. I'd gotten the 3900X simply because of the hoopla over it (or Ryzen 3 series in general) back at launch, and due to local forum members back in my home country bemoaning the shortage of the 3900X. I hadn't even thought of a Ryzen 3 upgrade before that, and certainly hadn't planned anything in advance. But due to the hoopla, I decided to get the CPU from Canada Computers (had to physically go to one of their branches back then in Toronto to collect it) and they didn't do shipping then (dunno if they do now though). But I suspect it was mostly due to this that ensured that they had stock of the 3900X was readily available then.

When I got back home to my home country, I didn't do any research about the X570 mobos, but read a local article about shootout among the top four X570 mobos available (Godlike, Taichi, ROG Crosshair VIII Formula and the Aorus Xtreme) with the Xtreme coming out top pick by the reviewer. Still, I was torn between the Asus and GB mobo, I liked the absence of an active chipset cooler on the GB, and felt the water block on the ROG C8F was wasted if I didn't go with water cooling, so I picked the Xtreme and haven't looked back since.

Why didn't I consider the Godlike? Simple, it cost about 900USD in my neck of the woods back then, whereas the Asus and GB were priced pretty close to 700USD. It was a no brainer since MSI had priced itself out of the market locally at that insane price. Though recently, the price of the Godlike has come down to about 750USD or so (local currency converted to USD).

18. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    There's none in stock at Amazon in the UK, when they get them in il get mine at £499.

19. Ripcord

Ripcord Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6500xt
    i see amazon uk has them selling for £780 did you get yours? only 1 left in stock but it dose qualify for free delivery :p

20. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Hey, just checked my emails and i dont have anything. if they try charging me anything other than the price i have on pre-order they can poke it and il get a 3800x.

Clanger likes this.